AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday27October2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wiltshire CEO of Conspiracy Theory Central
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Deranged Mad Galah Dave Briggs Caught Out With His Lies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deranged Mad Galah Dave Briggs Caught Out With His Lies  (Read 27251 times)
fergus2
« Reply #17 on: Sunday21March2010 »

“Senator” Briggs wallows in the pigs trough,

“Senator” Briggs of the ANZAC Alliance Party wrote his email, commented on below by Zion as a result of an apology sent to Politicians by a person often seen on the Mad Galah list. 

Corse Briggs and Wiltshire sent an email to the Prime Minister and others naming members of a Senate Committee as Parasitic Maggots.  Mr Peter Thornton has responded with an apology to Politicians for the awful email. This is what Thornton said: inter alia

“Dear Senators,

The strong sentiments that were communicated to some of you a few days ago by Mr. Corse illustrates the depth of ill feeling that surrounds matters regarding (not least) Military Superannuation.  However, irrespective of this ill feeling,  the actions and language communicated in that email was totally unacceptable and inexcusable!   For this I am truly sorry because such actions fail the basic tenets of common decency, honour and decorum that I and many military retirees hold true. 

With this unfortunate matter aside, I would like to take this opportunity to offer the following observations in regards to the Governance of Commonwealth and Military Superannuation. They are: etc etc 
       The remainder has been deleted for brevety.

Without naming him or referring to the Parasitic Maggot  email “Senator” Briggs has pointed out to Thornton that all is fair in ANZAC Alliance Party style politicking.

Playing with the Mad Galah ANZAC Alliance Party is not for the faint hearted or for anyone with a “skerrick” of integrity.

Aye

Fergus
Zionist
« Reply #16 on: Sunday21March2010 »

Dave Briggs is trying to reinvent himself. But I have a long memory. Briggs is now trying to assert his leadership of the fake Anzac Alliance political party, a political party which is nothing, will be nothing and will never be successful. The main reason this party will never go anywhere or do anything is because it is controlled by the same foul mouthed fools like Wiltshire and Briggs who set up the ESVP veterans party in the mid 2000s.

Briggs ,failed Soldier and former junior WA copper suffers from delusions of grandeur, a characteristic common to all the mad galah senior management. He has once again offered his wisdom, experience and silly opinion to us all.

Briggs understands absolutely NOTHING about professional Soldiering because he was never a professioal Soldier, or anything else apart from professional winger and wannabe.

Read up on him here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/briggs.html

http://www.austvetmatters.net/davidbriggs.html

He has NEVER denied the information which his mad mate Corse sent to PM Howard which said inter alia that Briggs served two tours of Vietnam, that he served in an Infantry Battalion in Vietnam and Australia, that he was involved in secret Military Operations in Cambodia, that he murdered an Australian Military Officer with the collusion of then Lt Col Kahn and that he, wait for it, was seconded to ASIO with the Army rank of Major to conduct security operations. None of this is true, as we know, yet Briggs refuses to deny what Corse wrote because he doesn't want to show up Corse for the liar and goose he is. Briggs did one tour of Vietnam as a Sapper Nasho and when he tried to enlist in the Regular Army the Army said thanks but no thanks.

Briggs has levelled some terrible abuse and accusations at various Veterans, politicians and anybody else he decides to hate. It was Briggs who sent the KILL BILLSON FIRST poster around the country during the term of the Howard Government, Billson being the then DVA Minister.

Briggs has a vile, foul mouth which spews out lies and misinformation like few we have ever met.

Briggs you are a fake, pure and simple and you and your ratbag fake mates will not be representing any Veteran in the Federal Parliament.

This is the latest rallying call from special agent Briggs.

Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:40 PM
Subject: Re There is no honour and decency from the oppressors

We are, like it or not, in the middle of a war, a war of reclamation of veteran equality. This like any other war must be fought with extreme gusto if we are serious and intend to win. The thing that any warrior knows, is that there are many and varied weaponry that can be used and should be used.

Those that want to play the game as one gentleman to another, must use the weapon they are most comfortable with, as are those that want to get down and dirty. Those that have seen combat know full well that a fighting unit is equipped with many weapons for many uses and also have bigger and better in reserve, only to be used when needed.This knowledge and its correct application is what makes any fighting force strong and thus victorious.

To criticize each others methods of contributing to this war is akin to saying artillery, naval, air support etc should not be used in a war because they are unfair on our enemy. Given that if our enemy was not unfair to us in the first place, we would not be at war with them.

So people, my considered opinion is that we get on with fighting this war of reclamation in the best way we feel comfortable with and let our comrades do the same. This inter force bickering is only dividing our effectiveness. Maybe we should be asking the question, are these people critics or are they gentleman fence sitters, or possibly worse.

The election is upon us and we have a great deal of work if we are to gain any ground and we do not have the time to deal with those that are not serious about their commitment.

We are waging this war on many fronts and every battle requires different strategies and different types of troops to tackle the problems.

War is not for the faint hearted and those afraid of spilling blood or getting their hands dirty. However if you are then you should not be involved. Either accept the conditions and do what you can and support your fellow ANZACs, otherwise you are a liability and need to withdraw.

To date our strategies are bearing fruit and with the ANZAC Alliance ready to emerge into the battle we must concentrate on what lies ahead. We are receiving a great deal of support from a number of non veteran groups especially in the "Put the sitting member last" campaign.

We must also remember that this fight is not about the individual and simply payment increases, its about the preservation and improvement of ANZAC care, now and into the future. Unless we take care of our young ANZACs today we will have no Australia to protect tomorrow.

Regards, Briggsy. WA

ANZAC Alliance Rule of law:

PUT THE SITTING MEMBER LAST AND THE NEXT MAJOR PARTY SECOND LAST ETC
« Last Edit: Sunday21March2010 by Zion » Logged
Ethelred
« Reply #15 on: Sunday10January2010 »

Briggs wants to now forget about the past and concentrate on today. Yep of course he does because he has much to hide even though much has been published about his "service".

Well Briggs you might want to leave the past where it is but not that long ago you were leading the pack denigrating many people including Bob Buick. Bob, like him or dislike him, is a long serving Soldier and Decorated War Veteran. Does that make him God? NO! But it does put him streets ahead of people like you Briggs.

This is what Briggs had to say about Buicks past not that long ago. It shows what a hypocrite Briggs is. When it suited him, like Wiltshire, he was very interested in the past, but now his past has caught up with Briggs he doesn't want a bar of the past.

I am pasting a Briggs email concerning his interest in Bob Buicks alleged past and then a couple more emails to show up just what Briggs is really like.

You Briggs are the arch liar, fake and little boy trying to be a big boy.

To: MP Alan Griffin(Minister VA) ; MP Joel. Fitzgibbon(minister for Defence) ; MP Lib Bronwyn. Bishop. Mp ; bobbuick; VV Donald Tate ; angus.houston@defence; 'Col. Fergus. McLachlan' ; david.hurley@defence ; 'Defence Gen Peter. Leahy' ; Ken.Gillespie@defence

Cc: Gary.Gray.MP@aph.gov.au ; MP ALP Mike. Kelly ; MP ALP Senator. Faulkner ; MP ALP Warren. Snowdon. MP ; MP LIB A. Downer. Mp ; MP Lib B. Nelson. Mp ; MP Lib Justine. Elliot. MP ; MP Lib Lindsay. Tanner ; MP Lib Malcolm. Turnbull. MP ; MP Lib Peter. Dutton ; MP Lib Tony. Abbott. MP ; MP Mike. Kelly. (ALP) ; MP Stephen. Smith. (ALP)

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:39 PM
Subject: FW: general officers = does this make you proud of your creation and perpetuation

This is what we have all come to expect from Bolter and everything you say Don would appear to be truthful when the questions you put to him are neither acknowledged as incorrect or correct. In the absence of evidence to the contrary one must assume that the evidence is in fact correct.

As you and many other veterans are aware I put similar questions to him some time back and was met with the same response and then the record defamatory mails against me started   

I, at bolters invitation sent him an email dated Monday, 6 August 2007 22:50 in which I put the following questions to him which also remain unanswered

“I am not casting dispersions upon you or anyone else so I will put to you the questions that have been put to me, that I have not been able to answer

Firstly there is the story about you putting up a GC&LSM some 14 months early and then removing it or having it removed from you. We all know the military do not award medals ahead of time for any reason

Next is as I state not my allegation but one that has been repeated long and far, you may choose not to respond in your own interest and I will understand. It has been alleged that during the battle of Long Tan your actions were not heroic but bordering on cowardice. Also that you were or had responsibility for your Platoon Commanders death during this battle. It is also further alleged that your service issued weapon is currently located in a Vietnamese museum after it was discarded during the battle at Long Tan.

Mr Buick, it is also my understanding that the AFP were responsible for conducting a post mortem on the body of the deceased platoon commander and they recovered an Australian issued projectile. I have further understanding that this projectile remains in the possession of the AFP awaiting ballistics examination against the weapon in Vietnam.

I know for certain that there are veterans including some from Long Tan that are working feverishly to examine these and other claims,(I'm not privy to) in an endeavor to uncover the truth of these issues.

You see Mr Buick, this is what prompted me to comment the way I did when you criticized a fellow veteran for incorrectly wearing a medal he had every right to wear the way he was, but you do not seem to have the same right concerning LSM&GC

If you are unaware of these claims and others circulating the veteran community about yourself, then I am sorry to be the one that needed to bring them to your attention however with the commonism of them I do not see how you could be unaware

Mr Buick as previously stated I am not being judgmental of you, it is not my position, but a lot of things went on in Vietnam that are difficult to explain even all these years later

I would welcome your reply and version of what I have said here but can and will respect your right to say nothing for what ever reason. However understand that there are those out there determined to prove their version of things for their reasons as there are those awaiting the right moment to unveil some long time held secrets on a lot of went on in Vietnam. You know what I am on about you only have to look at the recent developments of the 2nd D&E and the success they have had in getting the AWM to acknowledge their story and its not over yet

Thank you again Mr Buick for the invitation to ask you about your service”                               

These are question in a similar to those put by Don Tate, I have put further questions to bolter since this original set of mine but they like the original remain unanswered

The big mystery surrounding this whole issue could be summed up if the following information could be cleared up: 1. Were Buick’s actions at Long Tan heroic and were they witnessed (By Who?)

2. Was he involved in the death of the Platoon Commander?

3. Did he desert under fire leaving behind his service issued weapon?

4. How much truth is their to the rumour that his Company commander did not

Recommend him for the MM. and it was done by an unknown person?

5. Who was responsible for the recommendation and why?

6. Who investigated the incident and certified the citation as correct?

7. Have the stories that he was some 15 metres past the flank position and running in

a very scared state and at this stage was reported as yelling “Every Man For

Themselves” been thoroughly investigated and by whom?

8. Why was the incident involving the LS&GC medal let go without investigation

and then replaced automatically with the National Medal 

Once these questions have been answered by either bolter of the military high command then maybe we will get some idea of the real truth behind “The Lion of Long Tan” and what if anything is behind the alleged cover ups. It strikes me, a copper of 20 years, as being odd, so imagine how the Long Tan veterans and other veterans must feel

The odds on all the rumours over 40 years all being wrong are high and then add the incident of the LS&GC medal and coincidence seems a little hard to swallow

My other major concern is that none of the senior officers involved in either incident have come forward over the years to quell the rumours, instead their silence could be a reasonable assumption of guilt from the perspective of an untrained nasho

Just when you think things can’t get any worse, we could go to the official record of the incident in the After Action Report (AAR) however Buick himself admitted in an email recently that the AAR was done about 3 times before they decided the best one to place in the record. So this source is useless as a definitive document. Buick has admitted to killing enemy troops the next morning at Long Tan in his own book, is this or is it not a war crime. 

How well has his conduct been investigated prior to awarding him any decoration and given his own admission on the prisoners, how could he qualify for a good conduct award in any case, despite the fact he was not eligible in the first place

As an ANZAC veteran and an Australian citizen I demand that the military and/or the government fully investigate this corruption of Australian ANZAC history immediately

Regards Briggsy

D.J.Briggs

8 Scott Place

Ravenswood 6208

(08)95376956

briggsy1"iprimus.com.au                 

Sent: Friday, 11 April 2008 10:30 AM
To: Bob Buick
Subject: RE: Do not take me for a fool

I note that you refused to answer any of the questions I put to you. This says much about you. I suspect that you are exactly what many veterans are saying- you're a fraud. You're no hero Buick. Hardly a man either. You don't stand up for your fellow veteran. You ridicule those who aren't as well off as you physically; you debase those trying to sesrch for the truth. And lately, I've learned that you even debunk those veterans with disabled children- the result of Agent Orange. You've got no credibility anywhere. Tate

Bob Buick  wrote:

I will always stand up for what I believe is true and what I know that which is untrue will always say that. You, nor anyone else, remove my rights, or threaten me. 

I do know more about the military (army) than you do and always endeavour to say that which is the truth. If you are unable to recognise these traits it is because of own blindness to that which is the truth.

Buick

Sent: Friday, 11 April 2008 9:19
To: Bob Buick
Subject: Re: Do not take me for a fool

And you'd better not enter into any further debate about the 2nd D&E Platoon matter, or put shit on me or any other veterans from now on Buick- because unlike other vets I fight back. I don't suck up to officers, or the AWM. And when I come across blokes like you- know-alls, and bullshitters, you're easy meat. You came at me hard Buick- how does it feel now the boot is on the other foot? Don Tate

Bob Buick  wrote:

You are a lying mongrel Tate.

I browsed your email and need only say this.

You and your other history students have already distributed or seem come correspondence regarding the LSGCM incorrectly awarded to me so why ask the question. 

You have other documents on my service, you say that you and you ‘mates’ are students of history so do your research through the NAA and AWM. I do not intend to answer any question about my service because it is all available within the public domain.

Buick

Date: 19/04/2007 3:28:44 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:,
Subject: Fw: Seeking assistance of Vietnam vet community at large

There are a large number of inaccuracies within the recording of a lot of contacts and operations. Sabre force has opened up the piss poor way our history was recorded to protect the innocent.

We have uncovered allegations that will rock the boat about a number of officers that received gallantry medals etc when they were not even in attendance as well as those that missed out because the so called quota system, which in a number of cases was an excuse to cover up matters that should not of occurred

Another matter that has come to light very recently is the attendance of Australian troops in Cambodia who have had their files disappear or worse and some members have even had all service records wiped including Vietnam service because the nature of this operation.

Regards Briggsy

To: 'Media 9am Ten' ; 'Media Alan Jones 2GB' ; 'Media bevined@dailytelegraph' ; 'Media Bolta heraldsun' ; 'Media Cables.The Age' ; 'Media cmonline' ; 'Media DyerP@newsltd' ; 'Media Editor Australian' ; 'Media editorial' ; 'Media FWALKER' ; 'Media Herald Sun' ; 'Media heywoodl' ; 'Media Houghtond News Ltd' ; 'Media hugo-kelly' ; 'Media J Baird SMH' ; 'Media kstevenson' ; 'Media letters@illawarramercury' ; 'Media Louise Lander ABC' ; 'Media Mandurah Mail' ; 'Media masters.chris' ; 'Media mckennam' ; 'Media mcphedrani@newsltd' ; 'Media Michael.Bailey' ; 'Media Mike Carey SBS' ; 'Media Murray Times' ; 'Media newsdesk' ; 'Media Nine P.M.Willmington' ; 'Media P Fitzimons.SMH' ; 'Media Paul Bongiorno Ch10' ; 'Media paul.cutler' ; 'Media paul.murray' ; 'Media rehna' ; 'Media sashauzunov' ; 'Media Sunrise Seven' ; 'Media The Courier' ; 'Media WANP' ; 'Media wilsonn' ; 'Messages to the troops'

Cc: MP Alan Griffin(Minister VA) ; MP ALP Mike. Kelly ; MP ALP Senator. Faulkner ; MP LIB A. Downer. Mp ; MP Lib B. Nelson. Mp ; MP Lib Bronwyn. Bishop. Mp ; MP Lib Justine. Elliot. MP ; MP Lib Lindsay. Tanner ; MP Lib Malcolm. Turnbull. MP ; MP Lib Peter. Dutton ; MP Lib Tony. Abbott. MP ; MP Mike. Kelly. (ALP) ; MP Stephen. Smith. (ALP) ; angus.houston@defence ; 'Col. Fergus. McLachlan' ; david.hurley@defence ; 'Defence Gen Peter. Leahy' ; Ken.Gillespie@defence ; 'ALP A. Albanese. MP' ; 'ALP Amanda. Rishworth. MP' ; 'ALP Anna. Burke. MP' ; 'ALP Annette. Ellis. MP' ; 'ALP Anthony. Byrne. MP' ; 'ALP Arch. Bevis. MP' ; 'ALP Belinda. Neal. MP' ; 'ALP Bernie. Ripoll. MP' ; 'ALP Bill. Shorten. MP' ; 'ALP Bob. McMullan. MP' ; 'ALP Brett. Raguse. MP' ; 'ALP Catherine. King. MP' ; 'ALP Chris. Bowen. MP' ; 'ALP Chris. Hayes. MP' ; 'ALP Craig. Emerson. MP' ; 'ALP Craig. Thomson. MP' ; 'ALP D. Adams. MP' ; 'ALP Damian. Hale. MP' ; 'ALP David. Bradbury. MP' ; 'ALP Duncan. Kerr. MP' ; 'ALP Harry. Jenkins. MP' ; 'ALP James. Bidgood. MP' ; 'ALP Jennie. George. MP' ; 'ALP Jill. Hall. MP' ; 'ALP Jim. Turnour. MP' ; 'ALP John. Murphy. MP' ; 'ALP Jon. Sullivan. MP' ; 'ALP Julia. Irwin. MP' ; 'ALP Kate. Ellis. MP' ; 'ALP Kelvin. Thomson. MP' ; 'ALP Kerry. Rea. MP' ; 'ALP Kirsten. Livermore. MP' ; 'ALP Laurie. Ferguson. MP' ; 'ALP Lindsay. Tanner. MP' ; 'ALP Maria. Vamvakinou. MP' ; 'ALP Mark. Butler. MP' ; 'ALP Martin. Ferguson. MP' ; 'ALP Nicola. Roxon. MP' ; 'ALP Peter. Garrett. MP' ; 'ALP R. McClelland. MP' ; 'ALP Richard. Marles. MP' ; 'ALP Roger Price mp' ; 'ALP Rowan. Ramsey. MP' ; 'ALP S. Crean. MP' ; 'ALP Senator. Lundy' ; 'ALP Sharon. Bird. MP' ; 'ALP Sharon. Grierson. MP' ; 'ALP Sharryn. Jackson. MP' ; 'ALP Shayne. Neumann. MP' ; 'ALP Sid. Sidebottom' ; 'ALP Steve. Georganas. MP' ; 'ALP Tanya. Plibersek. MP' ; 'ALP Tony. Burke. MP' ; 'ALP Tony. Windsor. MP' ; 'ALP Tony. Zappia. MP' ; Andrew.Southcott.MP@aph.gov.au ; Bob.Debus.MP@aph.gov.au ; Brendan.O'Connor.MP@aph.gov.au ; D.Melham.MP@aph.gov.au ; Gary.Gray.MP@aph.gov.au ; Graham.Perrett.MP@aph.gov.au ; Greg.Combet.MP@aph.gov.au ; J.Fitzgibbon.MP@aph.gov.au ; Jason.Clare.MP@aph.gov.au ; JMacklin.MP@aph.gov.au ; Jodie.Campbell.MP@aph.gov.au ; Julia.Gillard.MP@aph.gov.au ; Julie.Collins.MP@aph.gov.au ; Julie.Owens.MP@aph.gov.au ; Mark.Dreyfus.MP@aph.gov.au ; Melissa.Parke.MP@aph.gov.au ; Michael.Danby.MP@aph.gov.au ; Nick.Champion.MP@aph.gov.au ; Yvette.D'Ath.MP@aph.gov.au

Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:37 PM
Subject: BRIGGSY A VICTIM OF THE STOLEN ANZAC GENERATION WERE YOU

We have heard a great deal of the Aboriginal stolen generation and the Rudd “National Sorry” well it has recently dawned upon me that there is an entire new stolen generation that has never been mentioned within our society

I am referring to the National Serviceman. The first group was taken from the bosom of their family by the implementation of an act of federal parliament much akin to that of the Aboriginal act. Neither was backed by referendum of the people and thus another case of the born to rules deciding for themselves

In the beginning those young men removed from their family nurtured comfort zone and forced into military service with or without their own consent and defiantly without parental consent. This initial period was for a few months and in most cases were later returned unharmed back into their family environment

Then along came the Vietnam War and things changed dramatically, this forced removal of these children from their families and was dramatically increased to two years. I say children because in that time you were a child at law until you reached 21 years.

These young boys were children in the eyes of the law and were forbidden from having the right to vote, legally enter into a contract, legally consume liquor and to do a number of other things generally taken for granted, without parental consent, but could be drafted into the military against their will and parents will. Was this not just a legalised version of the old sailing ship days when a crew was required, simply knock someone out and when they woke up on the ship they had no choice   

Anyway these children were stolen from their family and pressed into military service at the age of 19 to 20 and after a two year minimum tenure could not be returned to their families as they were then over 21 and had become adults and the parents no longer had legal control. This meant that after enduring this traumatic period and being returned there was no one other than themselves able to legally act upon their behalf

However this stolen ANZAC generation of the fittest and cream of Australian working class youth did not only endure simply the removal from nurturing environments, no, they were thrust headlong into a full scale war

There are claims that they all volunteered for this trip of a lifetime, however we all know the military interpretation of volunteering. Many of these stolen ANZAC unfortunates were placed in combat roles and expected to perform as well as those that had chosen the military as their life long careers.

History will show that this pressed military force did in fact perform as well as their professional counterparts. This must be attributed to the inbuilt ANZAC, Kokoda and Eureka spirit bred into every Australian boy and not the brain washing type training provided by the military, even though they will have us believe differently

This stolen ANZAC generation was returned to freedom after their services were no longer required to bolster the numbers of the volunteer military and simply left to fend the best they could for themselves

The professional military cared for and nurtured their own to the best of their ability but no one did this for the stolen ANZAC and because he was unaware of the changes caused to him by war and military treatment soon became a feared and misunderstood member of society often being outcast by his very own misinformed and misunderstanding family. This caused him great pain and suffering in not understanding what had happened to him or the rest of Australia, who had also turned against him

He continued to exist aimlessly for decades until society caught up with what caused this stolen Anzac to have developed into the “creature” he now was. It was at this stage that the Australian people realised the effect of being stolen from his family, sent to war, neglected upon his return by not only his family, military, the government but worst of all the very country that allowed this to be inflicted upon him

Very many young stolen ANZAC’s were rebellious to the military entrenched brain washing they called training because of the Eureka Stockade, Kokoda and even Breaker Morant Australian spirits. This caused more problems for this stolen ANZAC class because their only form of protest was labelled as simply being a “Bad Soldier” by those that were so stupid they could not see the forest for the trees

I could go on for pages about the gross injustices dealt out to the stolen ANZAC but what good will it do, but maybe the fact that I have penned this will help a few intelligent Australians to obtain a further insight into the plight of another class of abused Australians

In closing let me advise those that do not know, the stolen ANZAC that served in the Australian military served with dedication and responsibility to the highest of the ANZAC, Kokoda and Eureka traditions and although they fought the system they never failed their mates in combat or the spirit of comrade and thus have earned the name ANZAC. It would be hard to determine if their stubborn contempt for being pressed into service was born out of the mould of the Eureka Stockade or that of “The Breaker” Harry Morant (arguably Australia’s first ANZAC) but which ever, the ANZAC stolen generation were Australians ahead of all else

D.J.Briggs

8 Scott Place

Ravenswood 6208

(08)95376956

briggsy1"iprimus.com.au

PS maybe the day will come when the ANZAC stolen generation will be acknowledged with a national “SORRY” of their own but I guarantee there will be no claim for compensation or land rights

Regards Briggsy

« Last Edit: Sunday10January2010 by Samsung » Logged
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Saturday09January2010 »

To: admin@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 2:14 PM
Subject: briggs & co

I served with xxxxx in Vietnam  and was around when some of the Tate crap and the death of the inf officer was supposed to have happened but sadly I don't have any memory of most of all that supposed to have happened. Blame it on old age, ptsd etc. It amazes me that they remember it all so clearly. It has been my experience that the people that were involved in various actions or went outside the wire don't talk about it much yet the others that spruke shit all the time stayed behind the wire dreaming up all the stories. I have always wondered how Tate got to do all his filming and still carry out all his duties be what ever they were? maybe if everyone ignored them they might go away ah well you are allowed to dream. I have also noticed how Briggs & Tate look like they are related? and they all threaten violence against anyone who won't toe the line. Maybe just maybe it is because they know that they have made up so much they have lost the line between truth and fiction. I served 20 years and retired a sgt and I wasn't a saint by no means but I keep my cards close to my chest and don't go out of my way to attack vets that don't warrant it or deserve it. In closing it is apparent that there are some bitter and twisted vets out there that don't care who they hurt but they need to do it to make them feel good about them selves And I can assure you that normie rowe did not get a free ride he was quite often the first carrier in a lot of taskings and was good at his job. But hang on Tate used to swan around with us ( Tate's words not mine) and he would have seen that.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Ethelred
« Reply #13 on: Saturday09January2010 »

Briggs was outed ages ago as a fake, wannabe and liar. It was Briggs who went out of his way to send stuff around the internet for no reason other than his nature is vicious and jealous, attacking the military and private lives of many people. He was very very nasty in the way he went about all this. It was Briggs who plotted and schemed behind the scenes to bring down various decent people. He worked in with Corse, Wiltshire, Keith Joyce, Petersen and others to take over the internet and remove people using any means he could. Now that Briggs has been outed as a fake he wants to change the rules and concentrate on today and forget the past. He wants to be all touchy feely. Sorry Briggs you and your lot attacked decent people from all walks of life and when nobody stood up to you you loved it and became more brazen. You had no intention of stopping your slimy banal behaviour until AVM pulled you into line.

Now you want to change the rules? Bugger off. I watch you all the time and each time you open your sick mouth I will be there. Find a hole and dig yourself in. You are not wanted.

PS Goodness I meant to say. Briggs when it suited you you showed a sick voyeuristic interest in the lives of Veterans from many many years ago. EG You took part in a two year campaign to denigrate a decorated Long Tan Veteran by trawling up matters from the past most of which were lies and crap. Then you helped orchestrate an attack on the private life of a Veteran while he was in his church. The list goes on and on and I for one haven't forgotten.

This is Briggs latest waffle.

Briggs http://www.austvetmatters.net/briggs.html

To: Donald Tate ; Allen Petersen
Sent: Saturday, 9 January 2010 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Donny Boy "Judas" Tate , Liar and wanta be.

What is it with maggots like these that simply for the sake of argument continue to challenge the memories and terminology of the individual from 40 years ago. What might have happened, should of happened or did happen, is of little consequence today

There are those living and breathing Vietnam as though it is happening today, please do the world a big favour and get a life more fitting to 2010.

Divert your attention to caring for the welfare of our young veterans, who could do with the assistance, if not just be good little toy soldiers and fade away. Be advised that due to popular belief there was life after Vietnam and the Army for most of us, but then maybe these maggots are so used to being told what to do they lack the ability to think for themselves                         
PS. I tried sending a copy to Ken but it shows up as an invalid address so anyone who knows the real one feel free to forward it to him

Regards Briggsy 
« Last Edit: Saturday09January2010 by Samsung » Logged
newshound

« Reply #12 on: Friday08January2010 »

Fair points, Shadow. I sympathise with Buick and Tennant with this muck going on. Apart from their individual burdens, these galahs are giving Government authorities the impression that veterans are just a bunch of ratbags. Do what you need to do to shut those clowns down.
Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #11 on: Friday08January2010 »

Having just read some of this clown Briggs' charges, in particular to Bob Buick, I am surprised that some form of legal action has not been taken to empty Briggs' bank account. I hope that Bob has considered that. In any forum that sort of language, claims and charges would present real legal problems for Briggs. Like any Vietnam infantry veteran I would want to see something done to make Briggs with his inflammatory language called to account. His insinuation regarding Long Tan shows a clear lack of respect for Bob and also for Lt Sharpe and his family. This clown has to be closed down.

Newshound agreed with your statement about Briggs and I assume your comments apply to the rest of this vile mob. However let me explain the legal situation mate.

Various people including Buick and Tennent sought a Barristers advice ages ago and this was the advice which was received and taken.

The advice stated there were clear cases for defamation on many counts. However the advice also said that to pursue these jerks through the Courts would be extremely expensive, just for one of them, let alone several. Up front for one action would cost at the time around $30,000 without an ongoing case.

The advice also stated that even though legal action may be successful the galahs eg Briggs probably have little if any money and therefore, considering the penalities from defamation cases involve only financial damages and no imprisonment, Buick Tennent et al would probably end up with nothing.

Sad but true. This is the Law. The only people who win defamation cases usually are those who have plenty of money to throw around.

Don't forget that this same principle applies to the galahs and all their threats about suing people are bullshit.
Savage1

« Reply #10 on: Friday08January2010 »

Briggs has a distorted brain if he thinks Juda Don's films have any merit.  I have seen these films and they are no different than thousands of slides I have seen.  The difference is one are stills and the other moving images.  Judas Don is so full of it.
newshound

« Reply #9 on: Friday08January2010 »

Having just read some of this clown Briggs' charges, in particular to Bob Buick, I am surprised that some form of legal action has not been taken to empty Briggs' bank account. I hope that Bob has considered that. In any forum that sort of language, claims and charges would present real legal problems for Briggs. Like any Vietnam infantry veteran I would want to see something done to make Briggs with his inflammatory language called to account. His insinuation regarding Long Tan shows a clear lack of respect for Bob and also for Lt Sharpe and his family. This clown has to be closed down.
Zionist
« Reply #8 on: Friday08January2010 »

Briggs ,failed Soldier and former junior WA copper suffers from delusions of grandeur, a characteristic common to all the mad galah senior management. He has once again offered his wisdom, experience and silly opinion to us all.

Briggs understands absolutely NOTHING about professional Soldiering because he was never a professioal Soldier, or anything else apart from professional winger and wannabe.

He has NEVER denied the information which his mad mate Corse sent to PM Howard which said inter alia that Briggs served two tours of Vietnam, that he served in an Infantry Battalion in Vietnam and Australia, that he was involved in secret Military Operations in Cambodia, that he murdered an Australian Military Officer with the collusion of then Lt Col Kahn and that he, wait for it, was seconded to ASIO with the Army rank of Major to conduct security operations. None of this is true, as we know, yet Briggs refuses to deny what Corse wrote because he doesn't want to show up Corse for the liar and goose he is. Briggs did one tour of Vietnam as a Sapper Nasho and when he tried to enlist in the Regular Army the Army said thanks but no thanks.

Briggs has levelled some terrible abuse and accusations at various Veterans, politicians and anybody else he decides to hate. It was Briggs who sent the KILL BILLSON FIRST poster around the country during the term of the Howard Government, Billson being the then DVA Minister.

Briggs has a vile, foul mouth which spews out lies and misinformation like few we have ever met. This is his latest advice to the Veteran community.

To: Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs ; Steve.Gower@awm; Ashley.Ekins@awm ; Keith Tennent ; RSL NAT ADMIN ; RSL VIC ; RSL Capricornia President ; RSL Capricornia ; admin@austvetmatters.net ; Bob Buick ; Neil Phillips ; Jim Wiltshire
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: The Historical Value of Don Tate's Films

Guys, lets not get drawn into unnecessary crap over the value of Don's movies. I have seen the films and appreciate them because of the memory value they hold for me, thus making them priceless to those like myself. To those that are afraid for some reason or another of what they represent then they may not hold the same value. At the end of the day who cares what monetary value is placed upon them, because once they are destroyed they will be lost forever. The insurance value is really simply a matter between the insurance company and the owner

These maggots that want to agitate over the monetary value have little or no grasp of what the ANZAC spirit stands for, because the real value in these films is giving a glimpse of Australians at war to those that would otherwise be unaware. Why else have we had war correspondents since we started going to war, not to show the killings and that side but simply to show the conditions encountered by our ANZAC's whilst defending Australia

Too my way of thinking those that want to perpetrate this crap over the dollar value over what is an important piece of ANZAC history, have no ANZAC spirit of their own and simply want to stir the possum simply to feel as though they matter, which in the scheme of things they don't

To Don and everyone else prepared to plough headlong into this debate, I say simply ignore these maggots and let them die on the vine. Their value to the ANZAC community and Australia is nil, so why waste valuable time responding to their piss poor attempts at stardom

Regards Briggsy
Fergus
« Reply #7 on: Saturday12December2009 »

Briggs's idea of good will between veterans

Further to my previous post here is an example of Briggs’s veteran fellowship. In particular look at the addressees on the email.  What makes it worse is all that he has said is bunkum.   Briggs was a shaker and mover in establishing the Mad Galah movement and he and his fellow Mad Galahs and their supporters have caused enormous hurt to decent veterans.

Briggs claims to be an upholder of the ANZAC spirit; he is no more than a disgruntled, and failed National Serviceman who was refused entry into the ARA, he knows nothing of honour and nothing of the ANZAC spirit.

Decent veterans will make their own judgment.

Aye

Fergus

To: MP Alan Griffin(Minister VA) ; MP Joel. Fitzgibbon(minister for Defence) ; MP Lib Bronwyn. Bishop. Mp ; bobbuick@netspace.net.au ; VV Donald Tate ; angus.houston@defence.gov.au ; 'Col. Fergus. McLachlan' ; david.hurley@defence.gov.au ; 'Defence Gen Peter. Leahy' ; Ken.Gillespie@defence.gov.au
Cc: Gary.Gray.MP@aph.gov.au ; MP ALP Mike. Kelly ; MP ALP Senator. Faulkner ; MP ALP Warren. Snowdon. MP ; MP LIB A. Downer. Mp ; MP Lib B. Nelson. Mp ; MP Lib Justine. Elliot. MP ; MP Lib Lindsay. Tanner ; MP Lib Malcolm. Turnbull. MP ; MP Lib Peter. Dutton ; MP Lib Tony. Abbott. MP ; MP Mike. Kelly. (ALP) ; MP Stephen. Smith. (ALP)
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:39 PM
Subject: FW: general officers = does this make you proud of your creation and perpetuation

This is what we have all come to expect from Bolter and everything you say Don would appear to be truthful when the questions you put to him are neither acknowledged as incorrect or correct. In the absence of evidence to the contrary one must assume that the evidence is in fact correct.

As you and many other veterans are aware I put similar questions to him some time back and was met with the same response and then the record defamatory mails against me started 

I, at bolters invitation sent him an email dated Monday, 6 August 2007 22:50 in which I put the following questions to him which also remain unanswered
“I am not casting dispersions upon you or anyone else so I will put to you the questions that have been put to me, that I have not been able to answer

Firstly there is the story about you putting up a GC&LSM some 14 months early and then removing it or having it removed from you. We all know the military do not award medals ahead of time for any reason

Next is as I state not my allegation but one that has been repeated long and far, you may choose not to respond in your own interest and I will understand. It has been alleged that during the battle of Long Tan your actions were not heroic but bordering on cowardice. Also that you were or had responsibility for your Platoon Commanders death during this battle. It is also further alleged that your service issued weapon is currently located in a Vietnamese museum after it was discarded during the battle at Long Tan.

Mr Buick, it is also my understanding that the AFP were responsible for conducting a post mortem on the body of the deceased platoon commander and they recovered an Australian issued projectile. I have further understanding that this projectile remains in the possession of the AFP awaiting ballistics examination against the weapon in Vietnam.

I know for certain that there are veterans including some from Long Tan that are working feverishly to examine these and other claims,(I'm not privy to) in an endeavor to uncover the truth of these issues.

You see Mr Buick, this is what prompted me to comment the way I did when you criticized a fellow veteran for incorrectly wearing a medal he had every right to wear the way he was, but you do not seem to have the same right concerning LSM&GC

If you are unaware of these claims and others circulating the veteran community about yourself, then I am sorry to be the one that needed to bring them to your attention however with the commonism of them I do not see how you could be unaware

Mr Buick as previously stated I am not being judgmental of you, it is not my position, but a lot of things went on in Vietnam that are difficult to explain even all these years later

I would welcome your reply and version of what I have said here but can and will respect your right to say nothing for what ever reason. However understand that there are those out there determined to prove their version of things for their reasons as there are those awaiting the right moment to unveil some long time held secrets on a lot of went on in Vietnam. You know what I am on about you only have to look at the recent developments of the 2nd D&E and the success they have had in getting the AWM to acknowledge their story and its not over yet

Thank you again Mr Buick for the invitation to ask you about your service”

These are question in a similar to those put by Don Tate, I have put further questions to bolter since this original set of mine but they like the original remain unanswered

The big mystery surrounding this whole issue could be summed up if the following information could be cleared up:

1. Were Buick’s actions at Long Tan heroic and were they witnessed (By Who??)
                       2. Was he involved in the death of the Platoon Commander?
                       3. Did he desert under fire leaving behind his service issued weapon?
                       4. How much truth is their to the rumour that his Company commander did not
                           Recommend him for the MM. and it was done by an unknown person?
                       5. Who was responsible for the recommendation and why?
                      6. Who investigated the incident and certified the citation as correct?
                      7. Have the stories that he was some 15 metres past the flank position and running in a very scared state and at this stage was reported ayelling “Every
                          Man For Themselves” been thoroughly investigated and by whom?
                      8. Why was the incident involving the LS&GC medal let go without investigation
                          and then replaced automatically with the National Medal

Once these questions have been answered by either bolter of the military high command then maybe we will get some idea of the real truth behind “The Lion of Long Tan” and what if anything is behind the alleged cover ups. It strikes me, a copper of 20 years, as being odd, so imagine how the Long Tan veterans and other veterans must feel

The odds on all the rumours over 40 years all being wrong are high and then add the incident of the LS&GC medal and coincidence seems a little hard to swallow

My other major concern is that none of the senior officers involved in either incident have come forward over the years to quell the rumours, instead their silence could be a reasonable assumption of guilt from the perspective of an untrained nasho

Just when you think things can’t get any worse, we could go to the official record of the incident in the After Action Report (AAR) however Buick himself admitted in an email recently that the AAR was done about 3 times before they decided the best one to place in the record. So this source is useless as a definitive document. Buick has admitted to killing enemy troops the next morning at Long Tan in his own book, is this or is it not a war crime.

How well has his conduct been investigated prior to awarding him any decoration and given his own admission on the prisoners, how could he qualify for a good conduct award in any case, despite the fact he was not eligible in the first place

As an ANZAC veteran and an Australian citizen I demand that the military and/or the government fully investigate this corruption of Australian ANZAC history immediately

Regards Briggsy

D.J.Briggs
8 Scott Place
Ravenswood 6208
(08)95376956
briggsy1"iprimus.com.au

Fergus
« Reply #6 on: Saturday12December2009 »

Here is a likely pair full of Christmas Cheer.

Will say little about McKenzie, as he is simply an irrelevant and ignored apologist for the Mad Galahs, no more no less.

Briggsy is another matter, he is a dedicated Mad Galah, who is pretending to smell like a rose. Briggs has done some very putrid things over the last couple of years, including accusing a decorated veteran of murdering his Platoon Commander and asserting that the weapon involved was in a museum in Vietnam and the bullets taken from the body were in the hands of the Australian Federal Police. Not content with this outrage he accused the same Veteran of cowardice at the Battle at Long Tan.All of that was absolute codswallop yet Briggs had it distributed through the Mad Galah network.

He also sent a poster to the internet which threatened to kill the former DVA Minister Billson.

Briggs's good mate and Mad Galah Barry Corse, stated in an email to the Prime Minister of Australian in September 2007 that Briggs served heroically as an Infantry soldier in Cambodia during the Vietnam war and was decorated by the US government. In addition Corse said that Briggs conspired with the CO of an Infantry Battalion to murder an incompetent  Australian officer and that he served two tours of Vietnam. Last but not least, Corse said that Briggs was made an Honorary Major in ASIO to conduct an investigation into treasonous activities of Australian Army Officers during the 1970s.

In reality Briggs was an ineffectual Sapper posted to an Engineer unit in Vietnam. At the conclusion of his National Service commitment he applied to join the Australian Regular Army, his application was refused.

Briggs has never confirmed or denied what Corse said about him to the Prime Minister. If he says anything it makes a liar out of either him or Barry Corse or both of them. 

Briggs may be trying to upgrade his image, but a rotten egg by any other name is still a rotten egg.

Aye

Fergus

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:33 PM
Subject: THE AVM FORUM AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! **POSTS
Sent: Saturday, 12 December 2009 11:19 AM
Subject: THE AVM FORUM - WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Brian, mate I couldn't agree more, because what you say is so sorrowfully true. I have said as many others have, what is wrong with the ANZAC community that they attack comrades with the morality of pit bulls.

If we have been programmed simply to attack the enemy and when there is none, create one, we need to bring this to the attention of the head shrinkers because we are more war damaged than ever previously envisaged.

Maybe we can all take a step back over the Christmas period and take an in depth look at ourselves and see if we can not start 2010 in a far more united and ANZAC friendly manner, who knows we may even benefit from it.

Deal with what needs attention and can be changed and ignore what cannot. What happened 40 years ago and remains one persons recollection can not be changed, true or not, it is their accepted recollection and should remain so and simply agree to disagree and get on with living in 2010 and dealing with what is relevant to today's needs.

We are the ANZAC community and it is this comrade that has given Australia mateship. Australian mateship is bigger than Ben Hur here and around the world and we the custodians of the code are unable to practice it within our own unique community, WHY??  

Regards, Briggsy

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Saturday, 12 December 2009 9:54 AM
Subject: THE AVM  FORUM - WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

THE AUSTRALIAN VETERANS MATTERS FORUM - WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Well havent the anonymous people at the Australian Veteran Matters (AVM) truly demonstrated the real reasons behind that evil forum and website by continuing to encourage and engendering bitterness and torment throughout the veteran community in the lead up to Christmas.

What we have seen recently is an absolute disgrace, pitting veteran against veteran, causing threats of violence, anti-social behaviour and self harm. All of this under claims of goodness for the veteran community.

Again we see a labelling of everything and everybody with the Mad Galah brand in desperation to sell their vitriolic messages and deceive their internet audience.

The average age of a Vietnam veteran in 2010 will be sixty four years of age.  If your kids demonstrated this type of anti-social behaviour in their teenage years, they would have been chastised and told to grow up.  No wonder you lot are keen to remain anonymous because to do otherwise would bring shame and embarrassing for your families

Our community has come a long way since our fight for recognition started in the late seventies. Much has been achieved and more has to be done.

The majority of Leaders in the Veteran Community are Vietnam Veterans with an ever increasing numbers coming from post seventy five deployments. As Vietnam veterans we have gained the respect of many and now have the community behind us, so dont throw that all away.Cultivating allies and stirring sick people up to publicly attack a former comrade in arms has nothing to do goodness, but everything to do with the destruction of our community.

The festive season is almost upon us, give the veteran community a break, and try and inject some goodwill into our community for a change - our families deserve it!

A Merry Christmas to you all.

With sincerity

Brian
Brian McKenzie
T:  03 62451717
M: 0439 030 429
krt1.

« Reply #5 on: Sunday06December2009 »

Briggs is a poor pathetic washed up image of a human being who lost the race to be excepted at his own level of incompetence.  A mistake, that the Defence Force was not at liberty to rectify, was to let it serve out it's two years, then to rid it's self of the left over remains of what may have once had potential to make it to the animal kingdom.
Zionist
« Reply #4 on: Sunday06December2009 »

David Briggs has sent out his personal Christmas best wishes to the world. He has taken this sublime opportunty to  send more lies and propaganda to try and recover the ruined name of the mad galahs, a group led by Corse and Briggs and which has done nothing for the welfare and entitlements of Veterans. Read up on Briggs himself then read his latest rubbish and, well, have a larfffffff.

To read up on Briggs go here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/Docs/briggsupdate13march09.doc

This failed Soldier and former junior WA copper suffers from delusions of grandeur, a characteristic common to all the mad galah senior management.

Briggs has a vile, foul mouth which spews out lies and misinformation like few we have ever met.

To:  ALL
Date: 5/12/2009 5:03:46 PM
Subject:  MADGALAH's CHRISTMAS MESSAGE!

The true definition of "A Mad Galah" will remain the mystery it has since it was first selected for this network. The term was taken from George Mansford's book (with his consent) without it being restricted to his book. The term like so many to arise from ANZAC humour has many different meanings to so many people, depending upon their own personalities.

Firstly there are those that when you associate the words "MAD" and "GALAH" together, see nothing more than something derogatory and degrading and thus will never see past this and that is their right but then if you have an ANZAC mind and look to the larrikin  heritage you are better placed to understand.

Digger, grunt, pusser, Rats of Tobruk, tunnel rats etc etc are few of many such such terms we have come to take pride in associating ourselves with and this is why I say it has different meaning to different people.

Like so many of these terms Mad Galah has been accepted in this same light and in plain simple terms it simply means those that accept it, see it as ANZAC's working for ANZAC's and remaining relevant about it. It is intended to pass along the importance of comrade to our young ANZAC's and to teach them their important role in Australian heritage.

A rose by any other name, etc, would not matter and the MG role would not differ except to the detractors. I am and remain proud to be a MG and appreciate the ability of assisting the ANZAC community in the company of so many "real" ANZAC's.

There remains no bar on any person that has served Australia and their families to be a Mad galah and assist in maintaining the ANZAC heritage.

I also take this opportunity to thank everyone that has contributed over this past year to our network and wish everyone and your loved ones the very best for the Christmas season and look forward to continuing next year.       

Regards, Briggsy
grunter

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday16June2009 »

Date: 15/06/2009 5:49:10 PM
To: Briggsy
Subject: RE: PMVAC performance

Dave,

Go to the DVA website. Then the Minister’s section(top left).  Click on Prime Ministerial Advisory Council. There have been 4 meetings, 2 face to face, 1 phone hookup and 1 video conference.  There are meeting summaries for the first three meetings on the website.  The last one will go up once it has been approved as an accurate record at the next meeting.  The next meeting is in early July.

I have reported at a series of meetings across most States my feedback on what the PMAC has been doing and my view that it has made a good start.  It has, for example, provided sound advice on the Dunt  reviews into mental health services and suicide in the ex service community, reviewed and advised on the new consultative mechanisms that we are setting up within DVA on policy matters and been consulted on the progress being made on the Clarke review recommendations that weren’t acted upon by the previous Government.

The direct web link is http://minister.dva.gov.au/PMAC/index.htm .

I believe it’s made a good start, but it’s got a way to go to meet the expectations of it’s members.  And I don’t believe it will ever satisfy some within the wider veteran community.  But as it’s main job is to provide advice to the Government I want to assure you that I think it’s done well so far.

Regards

Alan

BRIGGS response!!

Alan
I stand corrected upon the number of meeting conducted by the council. I must also acknowledge that I was not the only veteran unaware of the website. I thank you for pointing this out and will ensure it is distributed widely

From the feedback I receive, it appears that it is not a matter of what the council is doing or not doing but the fact that those that go to the defined website are the only ones aware

I support and encourage the operation of the council and its members

Regards Briggsy

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Monday15June2009 »

Compulsive liar, wannabe and fraud David Briggs has awoken from his slumber over the last few weeks, much to the angst and embarrassment of the Veteran community.

To read up on Briggs go here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/Docs/briggsupdate13march09.doc

This failed Soldier and former junior WA copper suffers from delusions of grandeur, a characteristic common to all the mad galah senior management.

The mad galahs had nothing whatever to do with the establishment of the PMS Advisory Council. That was originally pushed by the TPI Federation President and then others and gained support from Labor when in Opposition. The mad galahs have never ever been backward in coming forward in stealing others thunder.

Anyway this is Briggs' latest advice to the Prime Minister of Australia. It seems he is on very personal terms with the PM signing off as Briggsy!

Mr Rudd will probably do what most people do with Briggs drivel, if he can find room in his toilet at Parliament House.

To: MP ALP Kevin.Rudd (PM) ; MP ALP Senator. Faulkner ; MP ALP Alan Griffin(Minister VA) ; PMAC
Cc: MP ALP Gary.Gray ; MP ALP Greg.Combet ; MP ALP Joel. Fitzgibbon(minister for Defence) ; MP ALP Julia Gillard ; MP ALP Maxine.McKew ; MP ALP Mike.Kelly ; MP Barnaby Joyce.SEN.NAT ; MP Brendon Nelson ; MP Julie.Bishop. ; MP Lib Sen David.Johnson ; MP Louise.Markus ; VV Allen Petersen ; VV John Graham(RAE) ; VV Neil Weekes ; VV Owen Eather
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 7:05 PM
Subject: PMVAC performance

To: Prime minister Rudd
     Minister for defence sen Faulkner
     Minister for veteran affairs Alan Griffin

Mr Rudd, the Prime ministers veterans advisory council was as you aware an election turning point for the ALP at the last election. The formation of this council was one of the "5 Demands" put forward by the unaligned veteran community of Australia in exchange for our electoral support

The council has been formed as your promise to the veteran community and has in fact had one meeting. This is good news, however given the fanfare and expectations associated with its establishment, what has it done??

I am continually being asked by veterans this very question on a far too often basis. My response to them was at first a wait and see brief. However Mr Prime minister, as the owner of this council I ask you this very question "What has the PMVAC done for the veterans of Australia"

There has been no feedback to the veteran community as to what the council is supposed to be doing or even how it is to operate. Please tell me and the entire veteran community what is happening and if in fact the council is anything more than another show pony and empty pollie promise

Regards Briggsy
« Last Edit: Monday15June2009 by Cassius » Logged

Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday14April2009 »

To: 'Jim Wiltshire' ; orangeprotest@googlegroups.com
Cc: 'Bob Debus' ; 'Allen Petersen' ; 'Bob Buick' ; 'Kel Ryan' ; 'Bud Cramer' ; 'Keith Tennent' ; 'Angus Houston ACM' ; 'David Hurley LTGEN' ; 'Ken Gillespie LTGEN' ; 'Peter Leahy LTGEN' ; 'Julia.Gillard.MP (Lalor)' ; 'Wayne.Swan.LAB MP. (Lilley. Treasurer)' ; 'Simon Crean.LAB MP (Hotham. Trade)' ; 'Stephen Smith.LAB MP (Perth. Foreign Affairs)' ; 'Joel Fitzgibbon' ; 'Nicola Roxon.LAB MP ((Gellibrand. Health & Ageing' ; 'Peter Garrett.LAB MP (Kingsford Smith. Environmen' ; 'Tony Burke.LAB.MP (Watson.Agriculture,Fisheries&'
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:28 PM
Subject: RE: Bob Buick and his ramblings

Don, mate you have achieved not only for yourself and the rest of 2nd D&E but for all diggers that have been overlooked or deliberately pushed out of the picture instead of into it. These are the everyday Australian Digger who forged the ANZAC and Kokoda traditions, those that did the job and only consideration was their mates wellbeing

The show ponies that need medals and unearned respect may be soldiers but are not Diggers, they may be soldiers but mate simply remember their respectability is only for the medals they wear and not for the person wearing them.

You and the lad of 2nd D&E will be remembered for ever more as a very big part of the Australian Digger family because of the dedication you hold for yourselves as well as the traditions it stands for. Don you have shown that you are a man amongst men and will be remembered for that by putting your mates first even though you may not have a shiny medal, you have the gratification of veteran mates and that as you know can only be earned and awarded by those who really count

The respect you wear is true and sincere and not the product of narcotism, so my friend hold your head up and ignore those that choose to knock because you are a true blue Mad galah

Regards Briggsy

PS: Don I am told the best medicine for narcotism is to completely ignore the sufferer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, 3 June 2008 9:11 PM
To: orangeprotest@googlegroups.com
Cc: Bob Debus; Allen Petersen; Bob Buick; Kel Ryan; Bud Cramer; Keith Tennent; Angus Houston ACM; David Hurley LTGEN; Ken Gillespie LTGEN; Peter Leahy LTGEN; Julia.Gillard.MP (Lalor); Wayne.Swan.LAB MP. (Lilley. Treasurer); Simon Crean.LAB MP (Hotham. Trade); Stephen Smith.LAB MP (Perth. Foreign Affairs); Joel Fitzgibbon; Nicola Roxon.LAB MP ((Gellibrand. Health & Ageing; Peter Garrett.LAB MP (Kingsford Smith. Environmen; Tony Burke.LAB.MP (Watson.Agriculture,Fisheries&
Subject: Bob Buick and his ramblings

As Below. And as I have previously stated, many of you have had ample time to have made none of this necessary. The longer you take no action and/or do a 'Pontius Pilate' against the vicious lying cowardly foul-mouths of whom you already know, the further afield these 'MadGalahs' will fly. Don't Look Up.

Jim Wiltshire,

107 Phillips St Wodonga 3690.

02 6024 1079. Or: 0412 161047

-------Original Message-----

Date: 3/06/2008 10:23:03 PM

To:Subject: Fwd: Re: Bob Buick

The fact that one veteran- Bob Buick continually debunks the 2nd D&E Platoon matter, aggravates me no end. He has attacked me twice since the Press Release by Mike Kelly MP, and forces me to respond. So I forward this small letter on because it is the opinion of one of the most respected (if not the most-respected) senior officers of the Vietnam War- Brigadier George Mansford AM, and HIS opinion counts in the greater scheme of things.

George Mansford does not slink around in the shadows, nor hide behind aliases or false web sites. THIS man never shot a wounded, defenceless enemy soldier after a battle; he never bolted for safety during one; and he never left half his platoon behind not knowing whether or not they were dead or alive. Nor did he ever claim a medal falsely and wear it until he got sprung and was forced to hand it back.

I say again- I really do not wish to be engaged in a continuous, public, verbal exchange with a moron- but it seems I have no choice.

Don Tate

Note: forwarded message attached.(below). JW

Date: 3/06/2008 1:47:21 PM

To:Subject: Re: Bob Buick

Don, good to hear from you. I anticipated you would not take flak from any source including old opponents. In truth, the fact there were other points of view from other Vets has perhaps even highlighted the confusion and dense fog that blanketed your identity and deeds and thus isolated and subsequently denied the platoon from existence and its deserved recognition.

I thought I had communicated congrats but very busy of late and it must have slipped my mind. I was of course delighted to hear of the results. It continues to reinforce the belief that the system best not stuff around with Aussie diggers. I do hope that unlike many lessons from yesterday the system never forgets this terrible flaw, nor indeed the injustice of it all.  It is true to say that because of your moral courage and determination to see justice for you and your mates there is much that can be prevented to ensure young diggers of today and tomorrow are not exposed to the same humiliation and mental torment. You have every reason to be proud of your fight and the subsequent victory. I do hope that you can now put it all behind you and catch up on life with your wife and family and share there warmth and cameraderie with all who wore the uniform. Given your ability at writing perhaps you may even pursue another book.  I have asked a mate by the name of John Blake to attend your lunch and am awaiting a reply. He too is ex army and was very much a rebel as a Lt/Capt before he said enough is enough. Apart from the odd haemorhhaging of my eye (because I am not following the rules) I am quite OK and am about to fly out to Canberra to speak with the next graduating class from RMC about soldiering and their  responsibilities for those they will command. l will of course be alert for any potential young granny that just might walk into my killing ground. Have a memorable book launch and try and ignore any shells going overhead. I will be thinking of you and all the other young blokes, regulars and nashos who made our country proud with their service in Vietnam, and for old b...s such as me who were also very honoured to have served alongside them. .  Take care   

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 9:29 AM

Subject: Bob Buick

G'day George

Mate, I'm sorry if I let you down with my outbursts against Buick- but that man really does press my buttons! Trust you are well- and what about that victory last week, he? It's what happens when good men like yourself have a quiet word in the channels of power, I reckon.
Kind Regards, Don Tate
Ethelred
« on: Tuesday17March2009 »

To: Dave Briggs Cc: Allen Petersen
Sent: Monday, 16 March 2009 9:48 PM
Subject: Fw: FIRESTORM // has the ESO TPI GRANT been officially authorized to be SQUANDERED by the TPI executive?

Dave, 

This is the first time I have entered into correspondence with you and do so on this occasion because it is my personal opinion that your version of events should be challenged. Whenever I do bother to post I endeavour to deal only with the facts. That same principle applies in this instance.

Sadly, the veteran community is riddled with expert peddlers of half-truths and verisimilitude. Although I let most examples go by, there have been rare occasions when I have felt strongly enough to make a stand - unfortunately this is another of those occasions.   

I am not a member of the WA TPI Association so you and I are on equal footing in that regard. 

Before addressing your email Dave, for the elucidation of some who may not know, and should know, there is a difference between a state TPI Association and the TPI Federation. All State Associations are entities unto themselves and by choice are members of the Federation. The National TPI President or the Federation has no control over State Associations.

For starters. The person who constructed the inflammatory and destructive subject line together with anyone who has since posted under the same heading without first checking the veracity of the implied content should hang their heads in shame. Whether a deliberate attempt to mislead, or, simply a case of mouthing off before first checking the facts, the veteran community has again been damaged by what appears to be the deliberate promulgation of misinformation. Dave: whether the subject line is your doing or not, you are complicit and as a result the remnants of your personal credibility have suffered badly. Unfortunately, in order to make my point I am forced to post under the same irresponsible subject line.

Re the misleading subject line. No ESO grant was involved. Enquiries on my behalf lead me to understand that apart from a minor government grant some years ago, specifically for office equipment, there never has been an ESO grant allocated to the WA TPI Association. Furthermore, NO money was squandered by the WA TPI Association executive. At the March 2009 General Meeting a motion from the floor was put and was passed by the members. It is irrelevant whether you, I or anyone else for that matter disagrees with any amount of money that has been allocated for a coffee machine. The members of the WA TPI Association are the only people who have a right to vote on how THEIR funds are spent. It seems to me that the only people whinging are those who are non-members or members who didn't bother to turn up for the meeting.     

Moving on, perhaps you would care to explain to the wider veteran community, and in particular, to paid-up members of the WA TPI Association why the WA State Executive is obligated to respond to ANY of your concerns. That is concerns lodged by any person who has not paid their subscriptions. The WA TPI Association is in place for its paid-up members. I understand that the paid-up members of the Association made it very clear at the March General Meeting that when it comes to dealing with unfinancial members and malcontents the current Committee has the overwhelming support of the members. I suggest that if you expect to receive the same benefits as paid-up members, or think yourself so important that special allowances should be made just for you, then you seriously overrate your importance.

In reference to your assistance "at the request of the membership and at my own expense, to investigate alleged fraud, mismanagement and misappropriation" isn't it true that at the General Meeting 14th March 2006 a motion was put from the floor to form a sub-committee? Isn't it true that you were asked if you wanted to be on that sub-committee? Isn't it true that no one twisted your arm or begged for your assistance? Isn't it true that any reading of the minutes of the WA TPI General Meeting on March 14th 2006 will indicate that you were a more than willing volunteer to serve on any investigative sub-committee? Do the same minutes also record that you moved a motion "That all costs be incurred by the association"? Isn't it also incumbent upon you to say that no instances of "fraud, mismanagement and misappropriation" were found? I mean, let's have the real truth here; not fanciful recollections and half-truths that impart the impression that you have been hardly done by and thereby deserve sympathy and support.

It only took me a few minutes to find out that you were not singled out to receive a letter asking for the return of your badge. Every member who had not paid their subscriptions was sent the very same reminder letter. You too could have taken a couple of minutes to find out the facts but it appears that your preference was to continue a pattern of deliberate mischief-making in an effort to damage the WA TPI Association. You have every right to choose your own path but in this instance you have not done yourself any favours by placing your malice and ignorance of the facts on display.     

For the benefit of all I quote from the Rules of Association of the WA TPI Association.

Clause 13. (1) On joining the Association, a member shall be given an official receipt for subscription, a card of identification, and he shall receive on loan the official badge of the Association provided that the member acknowledges that the badge is a registered design and the sole property of the Association (SNIP). Despite all your claims of victimisation I think it is clear that ANY member who refuses to renew his subscription is obligated to return the badge to the Association. 

You state "Another financial member that also raised his concerns over the same issue, has received a letter from the Associations solicitors". I think you mean "A financial member" (not "Another financial member") as that gives the false impression that you are a member when you are not. Once again you provide only enough of this story to impart the impression that the "financial member" was wrongly done by and along with you was singled out for unfair treatment. Why not be fair and share the whole story so that readers can make up their own minds about whether this "financial member" accomplice of yours has been singled out for unjust treatment. The records show clearly that the WA TPI Association executive pointed out in writing that any grievance, legitimate or otherwise your accomplice may harbour, can only be pursued through due process as required under the Rules of Association and by-laws. It is clear from the correspondence involved that your accomplice refused to abide by the Rules and by-laws and therefore had to be set straight by the Association's solicitors. Once again your account of proceedings appears to be nothing more than a self-serving farrago of misrepresentations and innuendo. I add that it appears that your accomplice, like you, overrates his importance.

How can you possibly expect rational readers to take you seriously Dave? 

Plainly, you have done nothing but make puerile attempts to cast a slur over the WA TPI Association and the greater veteran community. 

I suggest to you that if your idea was to engender sympathy and/or support for your personal grievances then you have gone about it the wrong way. It is evident that in your blind pursuit to generate support for your personal grievances you are prepared to cause collateral damage to the wider veteran community. I daresay many TPIs and others are bitterly disappointed that you have chosen this path. 

Your email was broadcast far wider than the addresses below and for the benefit of some of those same readers I will afford the same courtesy. 

Robyn Bodey

Date: 12/03/2009 1:41:56 AM

To: TPI FED;  TPI Federation;  TPI Frank Mepham;  TPI WA;  V Alan Wheatley;  VV Blue Ryan

Cc: TPI ACT;  TPI Alf Kenennedy;  TPI Bill Kane;  TPI Bruce Johnson;  TPI Des Berry;  TPI Gary C;  TPI Graham Halton;  TPI Greg Blyth;  TPI John Reeves;  TPI John Vincent;  TPI NSW;  TPI Peter Fox;  TPI Phil Cowan;  TPI Qld President Reg Jones;  TPI Vic;  TPI Vic President

Subject: Fw: has the ESO TPI GRANT been officially authorized to be SQUANDERED by the TPI executive?

Last year myself and others dared to challenge the legality of the national president of the T&PI to provide a reference in his capacity as national president, to a known and convicted child sex offender. Not just any type of child sex offender, but one that had had practiced his gross deeds upon the son of a fellow ANZAC and on a military establishment

Instead of acknowledging and responding to my concerns the WA state branch sent me a letter advising me I was unfinancial and that I should return my badge

Is this why the TPI executive that I assisted, at the request of the membership and at my own expense, to investigate alleged fraud, mismanagement and misappropriation, now directed me to hand back my TPI badge simply because I have become un-financial? 

Or maybe it was because I challenged the state and national executive re an unauthorized personal public endorsement of a convicted child sex offender, by the national president. Or was my punishment simply because I refused to provide money for a Rolls Royce coffee making machine?

Another financial member that also raised his concerns over the same issue, has received a letter from the associations solicitors

Instead of dealing with the concerns of members we seem to be singled out here for some unknown reason. These issues were raised by me and others with the WA State president in the first instance and then again with the acting state president, more recently

Far be it for me to assume that this may be some form of intimidation but one must be a little sus when none of these concerns have seen the public light of day. A process expected under the constitution when such a serious matter is raised by member/s in witting

I am still awaiting a response from the state executive on the original matter as well as one to my response of their letter of my unfinancial position

Some members have expressed grave concerns that the recent state meeting could place the state executive's need for coffee in the same importance category as the recent Victorian fire victims. They approved a $5000 payment to the fire victims and the exact same amount to the coffee maker

Members can be hounded in this manner for annual dues simply to ensure enough funding for the executive coffee machine, how grossly obscene, not to mention the large surplus funds sitting in reserve doing nothing for anyone

I am beginning to agree with the vast majority of TPI's that see this association as nothing more than a self gratification old boys club. Like so many of the other ESO's has completely lost interest in advancing the veteran cause

Regards Briggsy
« Last Edit: Saturday28March2009 by Cassius » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: