AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday25February2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don Tate Fraud Liar Wannabe Closet Paedophile and Closet Gay
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  AVM Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AVM Update  (Read 18808 times)
Ethelred
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday15April2009 »

We have more feedback for you on Stumbles Tate tonight.

We have attached the new document for you to print out if you wish.Maybe you care to pass the information we send around among your mates and ESOs.

You can also read this attached feedback in the forum here

http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=4.0

YOURS TRULY----AVM
Ethelred
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday14April2009 »

To: avmemaillist@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:32 PM
Subject: [YOU SUBSCRIBED TO THE AVM EMAIL LIST].... FORUM UPDATES ON DONTATE AND THE MAD GALAHS

avmemaillist@austvetmatters.net

Hi members,

There are new updates in the AVM message forum regarding fraud and wannabe Tate and the mad galahs. Don Tate is now desperate and will probably retaliate by attacking the integrity of Veterans, as is his usual want.

You can read the updates here

http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=4.0

http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=10.0

http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=5.0

We have attached feedback which we have received on Tate.

You can also read about the disgusting state of affairs at Angus House in Brisbane. There has been an ongoing operation problem there for ages. The Qld RSL leases the place to Qld VVAA for a peppercorn rental and despite this matter being brought to the attention of the RSL nothing has changed.

http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=26.0

THANKS TO ALL READERS AND THOSE WHO SEND IN FEEDBACK....AVM WEBSITE
Mowgli
« Reply #14 on: Sunday29March2009 »

Nuidat68 wrote
"Sir Brian where's the wanker today last seen in towoomba some yrs ago i believe"

Sir, Dr, Brian Day aka Dolly Day aka Doris Day, phony PhD, phony Knight of Malta, reportedly fled Toowoomba not long after he, as president of the RSL sub branch, appeared in a local paper with a new Vietnam War monument he had erected. He moved to Bendigo so his son could benefit from the better quality schooling there, or so he said in an email.
Naturally he joined the RSL sub branch and soon became quite influential. He volunteered for "carer of donations and monuments" duty which would have been akin to "fox----carer of hen houses"  duty.  After he'd dropped a few of his war stories, which closely resemble the medal citations of Keith Payne VC and Gilbert "Yorky" Joyce, a sub branch member challenged his bona-fides.  The sub branch president thought Doris to be a genuine war hero and called for a meeting of the committee in order for him to present his bona fides (absence of fraud and deceit).
Doris sasheyed in with a swag of documents and started tossing them on the table with comments like These are letters of commendation from various world governments for my work on the effects of Agent Orange" "These are my citations for bravery in war" "these are letters of commendation from senior ADF Officers" "These are letters of commendation from Army of the Republic of Viet Nam senior Officers, I hope you read French" French?
The objections to this snake being handed the care of the sub branch egg basket were over ruled.  Whatever happened from there on in is unclear but suffice it to say, Doris reportedly fled Bendigo.
I attached a photo of Doris (on left) with his mate Dr. Barry Wright.  After ANZMI showed what a disgraceful fraud Wrighjt is, he fled Sydney for Tasmania.
When it came to "fight or flight" both these wannabe war heroes fled.

Mowgli

Readers if you click on the picture it will enlarge.

* daywright.jpg (31.19 KB, 350x615 - viewed 724 times.)
« Last Edit: Sunday29March2009 by Cassius » Logged
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Sunday29March2009 »

Nui Dat..........some light reading on Sir F.....Brian Day

http://www.anzmi.net/day/day.html

Nuidat68
« Reply #12 on: Sunday29March2009 »

Mowlgi
Thanks question answered on Joyce. Frigging Sir Brian Day I run into him in 1982 when i was going to the USA to thank various yank vets for helping me in my role as VVA internation liason officer ( Fancy name Hey ) swoping information between our 2 countries on the use of chemicals used in vietnam and PTSD. Day rang me and said he wanted to come with me and as i had never met this bloke i told him to meet me for breakfast at the Commonwealth Centre in Chifley Square my place of work then. Well in tucking into my tucker and this short fat bloke with thick glasses was heading towards me and i thought surely this cant be the bloke who spoke to me on the phone last night and told me he was the most decorated soldier in the army & AATTV. Well he sat down at my table and produced a fools cap piece of paper with gongs he had written on it the list was as long as your arm. Its the first and last time i ever met this wanker and there was no way he was going to america with me, I wouldnt have even taken him to the Nevertire Rodeo.He did find a member of VVA to go with about same time and ripped him off of photos and certificates given to them both while there but day thought he wanted 2 copies for himself so he could put one up at home the other in his office. Sir Brian where's the wanker today last seen in towoomba some yrs ago i believe. Cheers
Nuidat68
Mowgli
« Reply #11 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Oh goodness me, Yorky got the arse from the AATTV Association.  Maybe you could ask about this AATTV Admin Clerk.

I knew there was something familiar about Joyce's citation and I remembered one for another AATTV advisor.  Go to the ANZMI website  www.anzmi.net  and have a look at the Sir, Dr, Brian Day, wannabe extraordinaire, story. ANZMI did something unusual in that they created an interactive section where more info on Day could be taken in and published with a guarantee of total anonymity.  The translation of his (bullshit?) ARVN citation is there. The recommendation could have even been the same as Joyce's i.e. Cross of Gallantry w/bronze star. Sir, Dr, Brian didn't get an MM like Joyce did though and the wanker would have been more than a little annoyed at that.

Mowgli
Ethelred
« Reply #10 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Mowgli thanks. I asked the AATTV association but they said he was thrown out of their association and they wouldn't discuss him.

Wannabes and frauds are all over the place....bugger. Makes ya wonder just who is who. What a sad day for the Veteran community.

Anyway I have read the Joyce history in here and he was mainly a chocco. It was good of AVM to publish his history which is official.

Yes the men from Rockhampton tell me he is very arrogant and pompous and nasty and never wrong. Don't tell me we have another Tate. I do know quite a bit about him.

I suppose if you were with the arvn and had the arvn co in your hand you could get what you wanted.

I have heard this happened a lot.

Oh well at least we know more about Keith Joyce now.
Mowgli
« Reply #9 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Ethelred.
I can only think of two basic reasons why there would be a silver star on the ribband now. He could have had the bronze upgraded to silver, as you say, or he bought one.
A few minutes ago I had a chat with a mate who had some very limited dealings with Joyce a few years ago. What I was told makes Yorky somewhat of a Don Tate, an abrasive character.

I read three translations of the original ARVN citation with the ambiguous statement in the second event, a rather intense battle or ongoing individual contacts.  I think if the statement was translated into two other languages besides English, the ambiguety would remain. What was extensively discussed at the time was, the official translation being too clear cut.  How and why could the true meaning of the statement be ascertained?
Perhaps the Corporal who did the translation did what we did, he came up with two possibles.  He couldn't say yea or nay to either and so passed them both up the chain for someone else to worry about.  Maybe Barry Corse bought him a box of choccies to make sure that only the "heroic deeds while under withering en fire" version went up.

I really believe that if there had been a second ARVN citation upgrading his bronze star, I would have seen the translations of that too. I didn't, so my view is that he was bloody lucky to get a bronze star and especially an MM out of the whole deal. I imagine those two would be maximum awards if I look at the battle-multiple contacts version that had him in the front ranks with ARVN Infantry and hooking in hard.  From memory that official version had him making a big difference to the outcome of the fight-s, whatever. With him the Bn won the day or days, however long the fighting went on, and without him the ARVN Bn would have copped a hiding.  Yorky might have been cranky about not getting a VC.

Here's an idea, ask the AATTV Association. If anyone knows the Joyce story, I'd say the secretary will.

I don't know of the Home Front Medal but it sounds like something for those who didn't serve overseas during a time of war e.g. WW11, but did their bit here in Darwin for example.  It's not the Infantry Frontline Medal is it? A copper square or rectangular thing with crossed rifles and looks like iit came out of a Coco Pops packet?

Regards.

Mowgli

Ethelred
« Reply #8 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Hi mowgli,

I have been informed Keith Joyce was awarded the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry with Bronze Star. However he has been seen wearing the VCOG with Silver star, would this mean he had the vcog upgraded at some stage. He also wears or used to wear a buy your own tin medal called home front medal...whatever that is.

« Last Edit: Saturday28March2009 by Ethelred » Logged
Mowgli
« Reply #7 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Reading Joyce's military history I see no mention of how he recived his MM and other awards from his service in vietnam. How did he get his MM.
Nuidat68
Nuidat68.
I believe that the official Australian Army translation of Joyce's citation from Vietnamese to English contains a small anomaly. The ARVN citation for the Cross of Gallantry w/Bronze Star cites two events and it's believed that this citation led to the award of the MM. If the citation I saw did not lead to his MM, stop reading now.

The first event cited was about him allegedly assisting the chief AATTV advisor to an ARVN Bn in calling in air support and moving friendly WIA to relative safety.
The second had to do with the same ARVN Bn and a sticking point arises in the translation here.
Was he actually involved in this second battle as a combatant, or did he assist (move to evac point) the friendlies again?  To have a citation translated and it show the person to be a courageous combatant and then award an MM on the strength of it says to me that the translation was triple checked and entirely correct, and that's the end of that.  Apparently it was ferocious battle and if Joyce did jump into it boots and all then he got the MM he deserved.
There's always a but.  But it could be a different situation if the citation actually reads that he once again showed a willingness and ability to assist as he had allegedly done before. Apparently it's quite clear that he "assisted" in the second battle but to what extent is the bone of contention.  Was the original Vietnamese language citation deliberately ambiguous in describing his actions to help a nice chap along in his career?  Or was it a case of Mr. Gilbert is a lovely bloke but no one can really vouch for what he told us about his part in that battle so, what the hell, he doesn't bitch about our "potted soldiers", write him up for two outstanding deeds and Ho's your uncle, jobs right.  My money's on this last one.
AATTV advisors got similar awards with and without written citations. Some got them for being nice blokes and many should have got more than they did. If Barry Petersen still walks among us, and hopefully he does, he might have a few words to say about that sort of thing.
Asians love a medal and they'll award them freely if they don't have to personally pay for them.  Ever see a North Korean general on parade for the Great Leader's birthday?  How many of the fifty shiny "praise" baubles on their jackets would you think they got in lieu of pay?
An old mate of mine used to export coffee and pepper from Vietnam. He had a wall full of framed certificates of appreciation from Hanoi, just for buying the products.  The literal translation of the Vietnamese words for these certs of appreciation, Giay Khen, is praise paper.  It's what we would call, pissing in your pocket.
Your choice Nuidat68.
Yorky Joyce was correctly awarded an MM for gallant actions while an advisor with the 4th something ARVN Bn.
Yorky Joyce was well liked and didn't interfere with any corruption he may have stumbled across and was rewarded with a "praise" medal.
Yorky Joyce was given an award so he would be promoted and moved to a non-combatant role in another part of the country.  And you've got a couple of others to think about.
Know this, the only person who could enlighten us if he felt like it, is the AATTV chief adviser who was with Joyce on those two occasions.

Mowgli
Nuidat68
« Reply #6 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Reading Joyce's military history I see no mention of how he recived his MM and other awards from his service in vietnam. How did he get his MM.
Nuidat68
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Saturday28March2009 »

im have all sort of bloody trouble working out these bloody things. Is this keith joyce the same keith Joyce that recived the "MM" plus other awards mention in awards book . A digger from AATTV told me he was there same time as joyce and the way I read the latest posting on Joyce he said!!!! Doesnt sound like the same bloke. But people change. Could you let me know if this is the same Joyce that the police interviewed of late.  Huh Huh Huh
Nuidat68

Yes nui dat, the same Joyce.

To read up on Joyce go here
http://www.austvetmatters.net/joyce.html

and here
http://www.austvetmatters.net/keithjoyce.html

krt1.

« Reply #4 on: Saturday28March2009 »

Keep up the good work. I like the way you do things and how you bring out the "rock-Spiders" from under their rocks.  I have been receiving a hell of a lot less garbage from those "mad Parrots" since i started reading your web sight notices. Thank you,
Ken Taylor.
3 CAV VET. 71/72 SVN.
Nuidat68
« Reply #3 on: Friday27March2009 »

im have all sort of bloody trouble working out these bloody things. Is this keith joyce the same keith Joyce that recived the "MM" plus other awards mention in awards book . A digger from AATTV told me he was there same time as joyce and the way I read the latest posting on Joyce he said!!!! Doesnt sound like the same bloke. But people change. Could you let me know if this is the same Joyce that the police interviewed of late.  Huh Huh Huh
Nuidat68
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Friday27March2009 »

Monthly stats for AVM.

Just open the attachment please readers.

Regards.

* Summary_by_Month.doc (85 KB - downloaded 409 times.)

cicero

« Reply #1 on: Thursday26March2009 »

I am delighted that so many have contributed to this site.  Even the viewing statistics shows that people out there are looking and digesting the 'happy days' of the Mad Galahs and their ilk.

I would doubt if they desist in their attacks on other veterans, politicians and military heirarchy, simply as it is not in their nature to do so.  They belive they are RIGHT, and all of us are WRONG....or some other excuse.

I am finally delighted to see Don Tate being exposed for what he is....a foul mouthed, bitter, angry and any other descriptive adjective one could muster to describe a person who only thinks of himself.   He would be one individual I would not mind confronting face to face and telling him what a cockhead rabid arsehole' he really is.    Congratulations go to the individual who is destroying his fabricated military history......

Keep it up, the more these wanks are exposed and belittled, the better.

Zion
Administrator

« on: Thursday26March2009 »

Since the AVM website http://www.austvetmatters.net/ was published we have had an extraordinary level of support in several ways. Indeed the success of AVM has exceeded the expectations of some of our members.

Visitors to the website, registrations for the mailing list and registrations in our message Forum continue to grow.

We have received invaluable feedback from supporters.Readers have learned to trust us. Most of the comments we have received have been favourable.

This indicates one thing, and one thing alone. There is a need for the information AVM publishes.

If there was no need, the website would have failed.

We are not motivated by malice, by vindictiveness, by anger or as some mad galahs say by insanity! We are motivated by truth.

There has long been a need for one place where the activities, histories and behaviour of the mad galahs are exposed , a place where all the main characters are drawn together and readers can follow what has been unfolding as the galahs rampage their vicious way around the internet.

We have seen several emails where the mad galahs cry poor at having their behaviour exposed, and where they try to guess who we are. Their objections are hollow and their opinions are false, just like they are as human beings.

The mad galahs hold the opinion that they can say what they like, but others don't have that right.

We operate anonymously for very obvious reasons. Any reasonable person will understand why.

We will continue to expose the lies, deceit, viciousness and stupidity of the mad galahs.

We set ourselves up to do ourselves out of a job. That day will come when the mad galahs publicly apologise to all those they have personally attacked  and when they cease their cowardly and irrational internet behaviour.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: