AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Thursday06August2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Tate hates Vietnam Vets like the War Protestors Did
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Tate again with Support
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tate again with Support  (Read 14219 times)
Ruger357
« Reply #10 on: Thursday13October2011 »

yes me too, I also browsed through the POUND report findings and comments by Ted Colmer

bet this will not be a best seller like Donny boys !!!!

waste of money at $39 in Bookworld Tweed Heads !!!
Savage1

« Reply #9 on: Thursday13October2011 »

Saw the book at Target $ 25.00 thought it still over priced. Convinced 2 people not to buy it. Had a laugh reading the back cover.
woof

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday12October2011 »

Saw the book by Frank Walker in a bookshop today, so had to have a quick look.  After reading the 'story' on the back cover, I can't believe this 'hero' and his mates still not only think they won the war, but also how the AWM and historians all came together to make sure all reference to the alleged events were lost.  Thanks Frank , the best laugh I've had all week.
CD

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday12October2011 »

The older they get the better they were.
krt1.

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday12October2011 »

Phantom Platoons, 90 man companies taking on the entire North Vietnamese Army, Our Boss's disbanding these Platoons for fear of showing up other allied armies. My God who led this mob of Rag Tag Diggers? The Phantom!!! In disguise as a corporal with a Pommy accent and a drinking habit. No wonder he drank!!!  Surrounded by this bunch of Deadly Dangeros Jungle Cowboys, and Cut Lunch Heroes.
These stories become more incredible the more they are told and the more that tell them.
Hollywood will be beating a track to these Deadly Jungle Trained Diggers Homes just to see if they are real men or figments of some drongos imaginations. I mean to say Julia Gillard has nothing on these drongos. They could teach her and the little blond bloke a thing or two about putting the spin on a lie or two.
CD

« Reply #5 on: Sunday09October2011 »

I just listened to the Frank Wanker, sorry, Walker story. What a load of shit but I did notice he never mentioned Tate.
Ruger357
« Reply #4 on: Sunday09October2011 »

Here it is, for those who want to listen

1.  The Vietnamese ghost platoon - Radio National Breakfast - 6 October 2011

In May 1969 a 38-man Australian Army platoon successfully ambushed of a much larger North Vietnamese and Vietcong column. But what happened afterwards caused the Army to cover up the incident, disband the platoon, and then, for four decades, deny
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/breakfast/stories/2011/3333390.htm - 6 Oct 2011
Ruger357
« Reply #3 on: Sunday09October2011 »

ABC Radio last week had Frank Walker on for a short segment with Fran Kelly about this book and his research.  It is still on ABC radio archives if you want to listen to the bullshit

Walker is another who writes bullshit without research and factual analysis......and at $39 ...who would want to buy Tate's story again

Savage1

« Reply #2 on: Monday03October2011 »

So will Tate and he will not like it.
CD

« Reply #1 on: Friday30September2011 »

And we both know where you got that from don't we?
Savage1

« on: Friday30September2011 »

It seems we were blessed to have him there to take charge of the show! Hundreds of enemy!!!

Ghost Platoon by Frank Walker

Author: Frank Walker

For 39 years the Australian Defence Force strenuously denied a unit called the 2nd Defence and Employment Platoon existed during the Vietnam War.The platoon was a makeshift rapid deployment force of 38 men, all regular troops, based at the Australian Task Force Headquarters at Nui Dat in 1969 from late April to June.The ragtag unit was thrown together with diggers left behind in Vietnam when their regiment returned to Australia. It was so slapdash it didn't even have an officer or sergeant in charge.But a rugged ex-Royal Marine stepped forward to take the lead. Jim Riddle was ten years older than most of the young diggers and only an acting corporal as he'd been in too many bar fights and insulted too many officers to keep his stripes. But he knew enough of war to keep these young diggers alive.The young Aussies respected Riddle and his battle experience. When the platoon was thrown into one of the biggest firefights of the Vietnam War against hundreds of enemy, Riddle proved his leadership, bringing all his men through unscathed and leaving the battlefield littered with enemy bodies.It was a highly successful operation, but immediately afterwards Riddle's platoon was mysteriously disbanded, the team broken up and scattered throughout the army. There were no official records. It was as though the platoon never existed. It was a Ghost Platoon. Something happened at that ambush that compelled the army to bury the platoon's existence, and the secrets that went with it.Three decades later the men of the platoon set

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: