AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sunday27September2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don Tate Fraud Liar Wannabe Closet Paedophile and Closet Gay
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Bill Murray-----ACT TPI Association Trouble Maker Supports Tate
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Murray-----ACT TPI Association Trouble Maker Supports Tate  (Read 11562 times)
Mowgli
« Reply #5 on: Sunday19April2009 »

From Tate emails today.

Canberra.
"3 ladies from the AWM, and three blokes from 9RAR...THAT MAKES 6....not counting Bill and myself. Go and buy a calculator you moron. You see.....that's the truth....6. It was the lowest number anywhere. If Bill said 8, he probably counted himself and my wife.....so I guess it was 9. Sold 4 books though...a 50% strike rate is pretty good"

"but there were 60 at Wagga, and 30+ at West Wyalong, and other centres were also well attended. The feedback from genuine vets and their wives was fantastic.
Canberra was always a difficult one. I didn't organise it. And I know the veterans around that area don't dare go against the commands of the armoured corps officer who runs the joint. Some men are like that- they just don't have the guts to think for themselves, and need to be spoon fed. Some of those poor dears would have gone to pieces if they watched the films"

Brutus

« Reply #4 on: Sunday19April2009 »

Poor Bills efforts about getting people to go to listen to Don Tate's life history in a manner which was described as the"empathetic atmosphere needed to fully comprehend the horrors of conflict" seem to have fallen flat.

I guess the solid citizens of Canberra had better things to do that day as only 6 turned up.. 8 if you count Mr Tate and Mr Murray. 

Since the military presence in Canberra seems to consist mostly of retired and serving officers I would imagine that this lack of numbers was seen, in Mr Tate and Mr Murray's view as being just part of the greater plot against him, such terrible people these former officers, conspiring to change history and eradicate records of Mr Tates heroics.

Then again, they hear so much bullshit in Canberra anyway I guess the population just decided to have a bullshit free day and sit back and enjoy life..
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Saturday18April2009 »

Bill Murray is simply out of touch with reality and very very gullible. The trouble is his gullibilty and misplaced pathos has seen him cause untold internal disunity in the ACT TPI Association and the TPI Federation. He has left the ACT Association and formed his own breakaway TPI group. Murray has tried to place a wedge between TPI President Blue Ryan and the ACT TPI Association. While relations between the TPI Federation and the various State/Territory Associations have been strained at times, and while there is rarely unanimity , for Murray to play one off against the other is abhorrent when the welfare of TPIs is at stake. For Murray to push the agenda of a fraud like Tate, who clearly fails the DVA work test for a TPI [ see AVM updates page http://www.austvetmatters.net/updates.html Don Tate Updates ] shows just how unprincipled and blind to reality Murray really is. He should concentrate on recovering from his mental and emotional problems and wait until he has a clear head before he becomes involved in issues which he clearly doesn't understand.

This is Murrays latest genuflecting apologia for Tate.

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 11:45 PM
Subject: ***SPAM*** DON TATE NOT FINISHED!

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Friday, 17 April 2009 10:57 AM
Subject: URGENT Don Tate Not Finished...more to come...

My Honourable Veteran Comrades All,

This was not yet ready for publication but after the last posting from Mr Edwards, I had to advance the first part....

I am not, and never have been a sycophant.  People earn their respect in my estimation and their are many who have.  None more so than Don Tate. Before the Book talk that he gave in Canberra on Tuesday and the films he showed, I had never met him, yet had corresponded with him on myriad occasions. I felt that I knew him...and in most regards I did.

Book and Films

Lets deal with these first. I know when I am dealing with honesty and integrity, and a straight shooter...and Don is all of these.  More about the straight shooter later..because in many ways it highlights just who Don is.

As most of you know I'm just a pogo, but a pogo who feels that unless we know what the operational forces at the sharp end endure, then we cannot service their needs properly.  All of you I'm sure have read my opinion on the lack of government funding for our supports services (or should I say, the government's insistence upon an efficiency dividend which can only come from this function).  For this reason too, the civilianisation of this function is doomed to be a second rate solution...and I say that with enormous respect for the ASO 3s et al who have a devotion to duty which is second to none. But try as hard as they might, they will never fully be able to empathise with the guys in the field with one of two purposes....either to stop lead, or cause the other warrior to stop lead...that's what it all boils down to.

So I HAD to attend Don's talk and films for my own education, primarily so that I can do my job better. And since no one in Canberra wanted to have a bar of Don Tate for their own selfish reasons I took on the task of organising it.  My wife will vouch for the effort that I expended on this but I was up against it...but I used Don as my lantern...and its a bloody shame a few more don't. And my job now, and make no doubts about it...it is definitely a vocation, is to strive as hard as I can (knowing that there are veterans with disabilities far more debilitating than mine) to improve the welfare of ALL Veterans with Disabilities (VWD), something I'm more determined than ever to do now that I have heard Don talk.

At Don's talk I heard a man who is hurting, and hurting for many reasons. You only have to see the man to know just how physically wounded he is (yet he never plays the ...mine is bigger than yours...game...and I say that for the benefit of those who try to downplay the other mans wounds to gain sympathy for their own...and there are myriad veterans who frequent this site and do just that).

I will not relay the story as told by Don, because only he can create that empathetic atmosphere needed to fully comprehend the horrors of conflict. I know many of you have read the disparaging comments about Don raised by other veterans for their own reasons. But to a person (in my opinion) they misunderstand the purpose of Don's talk...it is not about Don Tate...it is about a warrior, who had to fight BEFORE he was enlisted, had to endure REAL battle in a socio political environment which was unsupportive of his actions, was horrifically injured...and I mean horrifically, is in constant physical pain AND had no military identity for 39 years. Those who would criticise Don had mates to listen to them, friends who could share their physical and emotional pain. For 39 years Don and a few of his mates belonged to no one.

More to follow

?Bill Murray TPI
Independent TPI Consultant

25 / 3 Peron Place
Banks ACT
AUSTRALIA 2906 

Brutus

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday14April2009 »

I have to wonder at Bill Murray's knowledge about the Vietnam War and the Australian involvement  He states in his promo e-mail for tomorrows "bullshit babble" about one incident.

"How can one man, a mere private soldier, in the sweat box HELL known as South Vietnam, serving in a hastily formed platoon, successfully compete in one of the most amazing battles in the Vietnamese War?"

Amazing battle, please, enough of the flowery rhetoric..it was one successful ambush out of many hundreds of ambushes that were set during the war.. did it result in enemy KIA's. yes but so did many other successful ambushes, any ambush that works is a success and there where others body count was somewhat higher count than the incident at Thua Tich.

Delta Company 6 RAR.. east of Decourtenay in June 69. a platoon ambush that ended up with 22 enemy KIA.     8 RAR's great platoon ambush just outside of Hoa Long, 19 KIA, 10 POW out of 30 wth the sole part time survivor being KIA in a secondary ambush..  and so it goes.

Bill Murray has forgotten about other "amazing battles" like Long Tan, Binh Ba, Coral and Balmoral.  Many young men successfully competed in Vietnam, the soldiers who fought out in the bush, in bunker systems, in sustained and fleeting contacts, dealing with the ever present threat of mine incidents.  Young men who fought in places like the Long Hai's, the Nui May Tao's, the Light and Long Green and every other place the operational committments took them to did what was required of them, simply doing their job.

To call this incident at Thua Tich one of the most amazing battles of the Vietnam War is stretching it just a bit.. then again, Mr Murray never went to war or took part in any action so he would not know what he was talking about.  Pehaps a mere talking head uttering the words of others.
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Monday13April2009 »

We notice Briggs has sent your email far and wide. Gee Bill, you are desperate. Fancy needing another wannabe and fraud to peddle your support of Tate. Briggs is a clear wannabe who has never denied the lies posted out by wannabe Corse that Briggs served on secret ops in Cambodia, that he murdered an Australian officer, that he served in an Infantry Battalion in Vietnam, that he completed two tours of Vietnam and that he held the ADF rank of Major while secretly working with ASIO.

"From: Barry Corse
Date: 21/09/2007 2:45:19 PM
To: 'Jenny Bell';  Tony.Nutt;  Philip.Connole
Subject: ADA versus the veteran real world
(Removed for brevity)
Thanks
Barry

PS. On a good day Briggsy looks like shit, got out of his "creeping cancer and angina bed" he doesn't talk about, because there are so many veterans worse than him, to respond to Mr. James. Briggsy has discovered that his first tour as a grunt with Colin Khan, 5 RAR, just got deleted, perhaps because like some of the 5 RAR lads who went of to Cambodia to kill charlie. Minor problem here, "no aussies served in Cambodia, it was not permitted. Maybe the ASIO way in the Fraser era was to simply seize and destroy ALL military records that were not palatable. Colin Khan helped Briggsy volunteer for a RAE change of corp and back to Vietnam as a tunnel rat, Colin may have been concerned that Briggsy may have disposed of an incompetent officer, hence the mutual agreement send him back to the controlled killing fields. Briggsy proceeded to screw up, was awarded a yank Silver Star and got reprimanded by his aussie commander for winning a bloody gong when he was where he wasn't supposed to be.

After the war military intelligence "borrowed Briggsy from the cops" converted an emergency reserve corporal into an undercover major to track down some treasonous senior officers under the guidance of an aussie "president oval office"  representative. When it was all over and fraser was in charge of the laundry it was all expunged and Briggsy being the good obedient loyal grunt cop, went back to catching good criminals. So Jenny when I see this non combat pissant denigrate Briggsy it's the same as that Howard cockroach who deliberately pissed on Veteran Mike Kelly and the ADA condemnation was as deafening as Howard's silence when his parliamentary mates applauded that ANZAC denigration.

PPS if any one who reads this and is in contact with Colin Khan, please enlighten him that some of his combat diggers need their combat boss to stand up for them and say in writing "he was there with me and he is one of my diggers who earned my gong for me". Briggsy still respects his boss but would not presume to ask for help because others need it more than him. Where was Jeffry's when Jim Riddle needed a former battalion officer to stand up for him? (bill crews said "no one told me about this bloody riddle" )Where was Cosgrove when Paul Dignon needed a general to publicly stand up for him, its nice that Sandy Pearson has finally stood up for HIS 2nd D&E platoon which Billson and his DVA and ADF and AWM said, "we have checked and checked and we cannot find ANY evidence and we cant find any officers who ever heard of them. Maybe ALL the bloody generalissimo's need to attend one of George Mansford's annual leadership chats at duntroon."

Zion
Administrator

« on: Sunday12April2009 »

Bill Murray at wrmurray@tpg.com is a fool, a self righteous do gooding fool, who refuses to accept the truth when it is there right before his eyes and ears.

Murray has been an ardent and vociferous supporter of Tate and his fantasy book for ages, and as part of his support he has caused serious disruptions to the ACT TPI Association and the TPI Federation. His behaviour has caused disunity and unrest, all because he wants to act as Mr self righteous and saviour of Don Tate. Everybody with an open mind now knows Tate and his book are fraudulent....period.

Murray knows NOTHING about War and War Service because he has never been to War. Stay away from war related issues Bill because you have no idea what you are talking about. Stick to trying to save people and make excuses for their unacceptable behaviour.

Tate loves adulating and genuflecting characters like Murray who hang on Tates every word and treat all Tates lies as Gospel.

Bill you look damn silly in the eyes of most Veterans right now and you will look even sillier when the AWM and the libraries of Australia get rid of the Tate fabrications from their shelves.

We notice Briggs has sent your email far and wide. Gee Bill, you are desperate. Fancy needing another wannabe and fraud to peddle your support of Tate. Briggs is a clear wannabe who has never denied the lies posted out by wannabe Corse that Briggs served on secret ops in Cambodia, that he murdered an Australian officer, that he served in an Infantry Battalion in Vietnam, that he completed two tours of Vietnam and that he held the ADF rank of Major while secretly working with ASIO.

This is what silly old Murray has put around the place which was sent to admin with comments. The sender to admin has had his name removed.

To: admin
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 7:00 AM
Subject: Fw: Urgent Call For All Canberra Vets 15 April

*** FYI Digger, will this never end mate.

THERE WAS NO 2ND D&E PLATOON EVER, there was extra surplus troops a waiting transfers to battalions or 1 ATF HQ or 1ARU  and this group of men were used to bulk up 1ATF HQ D&E Platoon for a very short time. I would love to here from the rest of this small group who haven't spoken on this matter because if I remember right there was around 40 of them and we are only hearing this from about 4 or 5 of them to hear the others would be very interesting.

I would suggest if Don Tate wants people to believe all he is saying about this 2nd D&E Platoon 1ATF he should get them to speak up as well.

This platoon and the D&E platoon I served with during Nov 1967 until Oct 68 is not be mixed up with a D&E Platoon in Vang Tau or Saigon even though the have the same name there roles were different to the Infantry role of 1ATF HQ D&E Platoon. There have been many who said that D&E Platoon 1ATF were never at Firebase Coral from may 12th 1968 until pull out back to Task Force. But because of the small number of infantry troops in this role there was much not known about the Platoon and there role it had and how it changed from 1966 until the platoon then known as "Hawk Force" returned to Australia at the end of Australia's role in the war.

But in the time I served in this infantry Platoon it was lead by a very good Platoon C/o Lt Guy Holloway and section NCO's mine was Cpl Robert Hepburn and the men in this platoon were as dedicated as any that served in south Vietnam and im Proud to have served with and under them.

My only complaint was that D&E Pl 1ATF HQ was never placed on any maps that I had ever seen on the lay out of Firebase Coral on 12th may 1968 and we were place on the perimeter on Sunday 12th may 68 and we stayed there until pull out some weeks later.

Im sure everybody will be glad when this whole sorry mess is put to bed.

----- Original Message -----
To: undisclosed-recipients
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:38 PM

Regards Briggsy

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/04/2009 9:22:49 AM
To: Briggsy

My Honourable Vietnam Veteran Comrades All....There is a NASTY Rumour that a group is trying to stop you from hearing this remarkable story. Contact me now...urgently wrmurray@tpg.com.au or ring 02 62948225 to reserve your ticket

On 15 Apr at 1015 for 1030 Canberra Vets will be able to find out why a SENIOR OFFICER tried to stop you hearing a   truly remarkable story about a

PRIVATE SOLDIER

HIS OWN STORY  and to show his OWN BRILLIANT FILMS

Why did this former head of a Canberra ESO try to stop you hearing the story of a true Australian hero who had to fight for 39 years to have his Unit re re-recognised.

The Senior Officer's pretence....wait for it

He wanted to protect soldiers suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from any trigger mechanisms...this is recognised as the worst possible treatment for PTSD.

Come and listen to

Private Don Tate,

Author of the brilliantly acclaimed book, ‘The War Within’

How can one man, a mere private soldier, in the sweat box HELL known as South Vietnam, serving in a hastily formed platoon, successfully compete in one of the most amazing battles in the Vietnamese War?

His reward! To have his platoon forgotten and written out of military history by HIS government for 39 years ! 

His goal! With the aid of a few men to prise open the secrets of war, secrets that protected just a few chosen men, so that these forgotten few extraordinarily brave men, could take their rightful place along side Australia’s truly brave war veterans.

The Man, Private Don Tate, has been invited to Canberra by concerned veterans led by Bill Murray TPI, Canberra’s leading independent TPI consultant, so that everyone will have a chance to hear Don’s story about hell in Vietnam, and his own personal hell, which he still experiences. This is one of the most highly acclaimed books of the Vietnam era.. 

Hear Don Tate talk 

And show his personal film collection from Vietnam at

Canberra’s Premier Community Minded Club

Woden

Date 15 April 2009   Time 1030                                                           

Must be seated by 1015 to guarantee admission

Admission Free by ticket: (02)62948225 or email: wrmurray@tpg.com.

Please include your email address for return of your ticket
« Last Edit: Sunday12April2009 by Cassius » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: