AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday25February2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Tate hates Vietnam Vets like the War Protestors Did
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Mad Galah George Craig....Served With Jim Wiltshire...Whinging Again
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Galah George Craig....Served With Jim Wiltshire...Whinging Again  (Read 9431 times)
William
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday19May2009 »

Members

GC's reference to paedophilia, and this is only hearsay from me because I wasn't present, dates back a few years ago when he was part of the group (before they kicked him out) he alludes to under the heading (He's joking, surely) and apparently whilst the Grandfather and some other Vets went off for a walk GC alegedly said something to the grandchildren that people who overheard it, some being non-Veterans both male and female, considered to be inappropriate. There was something also to do with offering them money.

The children in question are the Grandchildren of an MM recipient and I can only summise why dear GC is still around is because of the Granddad's ill health. The names of the people present are readily avaliable if one wishes to follow up further. No police were involved and only the people concerned can tell you why not. If they had been my children or grandchildren I would have taken a very different approach if what is aleged took place. As it is now he would't wan't to come within eyesight of any of my Grandchildren!

Cheers!

Ps: There is a lot more to this circle of events!
« Last Edit: Tuesday19May2009 by William » Logged
William
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday19May2009 »

Members

The latest on "Father" GC is that last Friday he was forced to resign from one of the Repat. Daw Park Committees he sits on or else all the other members threatened to walk out. Will be interesting to hear from him about this as to his reason/s for resigning and seeing as he has been described in certain websites as a mentally & physically sick Veteran that a lot of other Veterans are picking on for no apparent reason then this may be his reason/s. Can't be too bad when he was described on the SPSN website (now defunked) as the Welfare Officer and Padre and was the elder statesman with "vast experience" in Veteran's matters. They obviously believed in their own hype!

Do not believe the spin being placed on various websites about ANZMI spooks and spies down south hanging around coffee shops (even SPSN VP states on this website he hasn't seen any) and even if their was and it is their efforts that are gradually pulling this religious, pious pr-ck down then I for one are all for them. I have no affiliation with ANZMI as has been alluded to on various websites, I do not own a camera, I did not attend last Anzac Day March because of ill health yet I was supposedly seen taking happy snaps of Veterans wearing medals. The sole purpose of my postings was/is to curtail or stop completely this wannabe priest from having anything to do with counselling mentally ill Veterans and ex-service men and women without the appropriate qualifications as SPSN have stated they have around 40 clients on their list and when they get their act together will apply for a Harm Prevention Charity registration. As GC would say, "JESUS!"

Regards

William
« Last Edit: Tuesday19May2009 by William » Logged
Ethelred
« Reply #4 on: Friday01May2009 »

CRAIG, George Wieslaw

Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

5 Company RAASC Workshop 02/06/1971  18/11/1971 (5.5 mths)

George Craig.

Trouble maker from the Sea of Orange Protest.

Self appointed break away Catholic Priest.

Welfare officer cum Padre for the decidedly shonky looking and highly unnecessary Service Persons Support Network run by non-veteran and unqualified Dave Gabel. 

Ably assisted by Mad Maryann Martinek as VP. www.spsn.org.au 

The bigmouthed and forever interferring “Queen Bee” Jenny Bell, a mad galah cohort, is reportedly Gabel’s sister.

What brought these six month old Craig emails to light at this time was that once again Craig refused to march on ANZAC Day in Adelaide with his former unit or any unit identified as non-Infantry.  He attached himself to the 5RAR contingent.

He wears a lacquered “souvenir” ribbands bar complete with RSVN Campaign Medal on his cap at all times.  Something one would buy for a wife or partner to signify solidarity with a Vietnam Veteran.

Having been spotted last year in the 5 RAR Anzac Day ranks, much comment was made in another vet’s forum of his obvious attempt to appear a former Infantryman.  He did the same thing this year and some vets who aren’t very happy about his trouble making ways and obvious posing have made their displeasure known.

Allen Petersen, mailman to the mad galahs and various other whackos, often published Craigs posts.

Two examples.

George was a “fighter”

To: undisclosed-recipients@tpgi.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:20 PM
Subject: Fw: Re: BAND OF BROTHERS

TO ALL Please REMEMBER THIS next time your going to rubbish a fellow  Returned Vietnam Veteran. We were the few fighting miles away for the many and with out each other none of us would have got home. Many say we are Brothers and give the "Brothers" hand shake, well I reckon we should start treating each other more like Brothers. We should be the tightest group of people in this country for all we have been through and done. United we Stand, Remember that saying. I rest my case.   

And. 

Remember! They sent us to war and now they'd like us to disappear because we have problems. Typical politicians who've never seen a day in battle or action but who make decisions. And they are the ones getting mega-bucks. Justice is a very fickle thing isn't it? Fight for what's right. And fight like hell for your rights and entitlements. If you need help or know of someone who does - contact me here on the list. I'll make sure you get good advice and help.

I urge members to discuss problems they may have. Together we may be able to help or point you in the right direction. Send in your comments.

George Craig (South Aust)
georgewc@chariot.net.au

George Craig, now a TPI, was a RAEME Storeman/Clerk working for RAEME Sgt Clerk TJ Wiltshire at 1ASLG and reportedly at times as the 5COY Blowfly.

WILTSHIRE, Trevor James

Sergeant   

Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

5 Company RAASC Workshop 24/02/1971 - 18/11/1971 (9 mths)

Their paths crossing at 5COY WKSP from 02/06/1971 to 18/11/1971 when they more than likely RTA together on the same transport.

TJ Wiltshire has admitted helping George out on occasion but some believe this went as far as a very dodgy claim for the TPI. One veteran commented that from the way Craig writes about his experiences at 1ALSG and the town byond the gates, his main stressor was seeing a small furry animal run over by a MK3. 

Basically, what we have in George Craig is someone who will blatantly lie at the drop of a purloined vehicle part. Last year he wrote with sadness about deaths in his family and how he’s all alone and friendless since his beloved pet dog died.  He was seen a few days later walking the very same dog. 

This unordained priest, unqualified welfare officer, and general interfering pest fits in well with the SPSN, Mad Galahs and Orange mob he previously touted for veteran support and donations.

Note his polo shirt, those and handsome jackets are where the SPSN donations went.  Donations to an unregistered and unrecognised charity, at the time, to boot.

* CRAIG_GEORGE_AT_DESK_23_03_08.JPG (61.25 KB, 320x240 - viewed 652 times.)
« Last Edit: Friday01May2009 by Cassius » Logged
CA
« Reply #3 on: Thursday16April2009 »

(He has been given a caution by Police investigating E-Crime and been put on notice that if he involves himself in it again he will go down)
This came from SA Police this morning.

CA
CA
« Reply #2 on: Thursday16April2009 »

When fools surface it doesn't take long for the correct info to start flying around the ether.

CA

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Wednesday, 15 April 2009 7:45 PM
Subject: Re THE SAD PLIGHT OF AVM..

In the past I too, have been vilified and ostracised by veterans who think their pooh don't stink. They are the 'perfect ones' but I'm the " nasty one" according to them. Recently, I've been accused of various things, one of the most hurtful was paedophilia
(Not true, though he would deserve some of his mate's slenerous claims made so freely)
and (guess what ? Money Laundering ). A group of veterans reported me to the police and I had to front up to the SAP and explain my actions. The police found no substance to the allegations and laughed the whole thing off but they did warn me to be careful as a lot of people fall into traps from overseas. You know, the Nigerian scams etc.

(He has been given a caution by Police investigating E-Crime and been put on notice that if he involves himself in it again he will go down)

(He's joking, surely)
What is of concern is that there are a few veterans who are giving the good ones a bad reputation. Recently, I witnessed a nasty episode by a veteran character (I won't name names as those responsible will know of whom I speak/write) He has walked his dogs at the same beach as I do for quite a few years and has a habit of never picking up after his dogs.

(Bringing the names of deceased veterans into bleats like this is not on. Only a weak man would even attempt it)
PS. I attended a sad funeral of Ron Stanton last week. He was only 64 and a friend.  He was the SA president of the 8 RAR Association and a Vietnam Veteran. Life is so short and so unpredictable. Death can happen at any time. Why then persist in being nasty when we could all extend our time here by being nice? Being nasty stresses us out, being nice doesn't.

George
cicero

« Reply #1 on: Thursday16April2009 »

Jesus bloody Christ..............God botherers now Huh

Who in the FXXXXXX does this pious prick think he is Huh?  Because we approve of AVM and its aims? to expose the mad mob and other dick pullers for what they are....a blight on all decent veterans.  He can join them too.......

Fergus Fairfax
« on: Thursday16April2009 »

Readers George Craig has awoken from his slumber. Craig was all over the mad galah system for ages with his moral advice, Veteran advice, Religious pieties and , well, just about anything. It seems there is nothing about War and life slimy old George isn't an expert on. Seems he knows a bit or a bit more about online business scams too according to our SA supporters.

Ask the boys in South Australia about his behaviour at the Daw Park Hospital and around the SA ESO community. In fact somebody might post a bit about his history.

Anyway, after he was exposed some months ago as being part of the scam SA organisation, the Service Persons Support Network, he sort of disappeared, but has again begun to raise his pious and silly head.

This is what he posted to mad galah Allen Petersens email list today.

We invite you to make comment and add information about ole George, who was a Clerk at Vung Tau with his mad galah supporter Jim Wiltshire.

Date: 2009/4/16
Subject: THE SAD PLIGHT OF AVM.. **POSTS
To:

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Wednesday, 15 April 2009 7:45 PM
Subject: Re THE SAD PLIGHT OF AVM..

Yes, it's indeed sad that there are a few veterans out there who resort to attacking other veterans, who for the most part, are innocent bystanders.

Most of us during our lives, have been slurred and vilified by one or two cowards who have nothing to do but to persecute those they deem unworthy of veterandom or those they simply hate because of this or that. Usually the matter is of trivial importance but they persist in trying to bring that poor hapless soul down.

In the past I too, have been vilified and ostracised by veterans who think their pooh don't stink. They are the 'perfect ones' but I'm the " nasty one" according to them. Recently, I've been accused of various things, one of the most hurtful was paedophilia and (guess what ? Money Laundering ). A group of veterans reported me to the police and I had to front up to the SAP and explain my actions. The police found no substance to the allegations and laughed the whole thing off but they did warn me to be careful as a lot of people fall into traps from overseas. You know, the Nigerian scams etc.

How can any veteran dob in another to the authorities over unsubstantiated rumours and trivial misdemeanours? There is an unwritten rule that veterans deal with  issues 'in house', but, anyway, modern times and modern vendettas. Hey! We all make mistakes so I've written the issue off.

What is of concern is that there are a few veterans who are giving the good ones a bad reputation. Recently, I witnessed a nasty episode by a veteran character (I won't name names as those responsible will know of whom I speak/write) He has walked his dogs at the same beach as I do for quite a few years and has a habit of never picking up after his dogs. When reminded of this by the proprietor of a kiosk where the dog did it's business, he flew into a rage condemning me and the lady proprietor. He threatened her and myself who actually picked up the offending pooh for him so as not to land him into trouble. He told her that his group of friends and himself will not patronise her coffee shop. She told him to " make my day  and stay away." She'd make more money if they did leave as other patrons were terrified of this rude, bad mannered and fowl mouthed bully. This man bullies his way through life and couldn't careless about other people's feelings. He is hated and feared by many dog walkers who use this particular beach.

Consequently, the Vietnam Veterans in this part of town have inherited a bad reputation and it is sad that we are all perceived as loud mouthed bullies who terrorise old ladies with small dogs. I overheard some very bad remarks in the supermarket in that area about us and I was horrified. We are trying to build bridges with the civilian population so that they would more readily understand our problems but this sort of thing does nothing to engender their sympathy.

Jock Clarkson very aptly put it in his comments the other day when he said we have to reach out to the serving members of our military so they would more readily accept our help. As Vietnam veterans we are well versed with the machinations of DVA and we are well qualified to offer them advice and our comradeship. Jock is a wise man who knows what he is talking about when it comes to the deceit of the DVA and the RSL. He and I have both had our clashes with the RSL at state and branch level and sadly things have not improved that much, but we do have to reach out to the newer veterans and help them as much a possible and we do have to reach out to the civilians as they can help us in many ways. It has to be a two way street.

It is well worth repeating the saying: " United we stand, divided we fall " and it is a pity that some of us persist in denigrating each other and tearing each other apart over trivial issues and childish behaviour. As I've said so many times before  - there is no room for hatred in the veteran community and if possible we should all let bygones be bygones and try to enjoy what's left of our lives.

PS. I attended a sad funeral of Ron Stanton last week. He was only 64 and a friend.  He was the SA president of the
8 RAR Association and a Vietnam Veteran. Life is so short and so unpredictable. Death can happen at any time. Why then persist in being nasty when we could all extend our time here by being nice? Being nasty stresses us out, being nice doesn't.

George

OUR COMMENT

Now to make matters worse George replied to an email from Francis Edwards, another short term Soldier who is an expert on everything military and, well, human behaviour and singing.

When you read the below you should know this two timer who lambasts AVM, applied to join the AVM email list, which we left him on for a little while to see if he was genuine and wanted to understand the true nature of the mad galahs.

He has been removed from the AVM systems and will never be allowed back in. We don't like two timers and underhanded traitors, those who have a bob each way, those who can't make up their minds what their principles are.

Read on:-

To: Allen J Petersen
Sent: Monday, 13 April 2009 5:33 PM
Subject: The AVM - a sad plight on the face of humanity.

I speak below as a private individual and my comments have no reflection on 'Veteran Soul' the Vietnam Veterans Community Choir. Veteran Soul is made up of individuals with each having the right to the privacy of their own opinion
and conclusions as drawn in relation to any topic. I speak below as one of those people.

I had a telephone call a week or so back from a veteran that I know I still believe to be a good man. In this phone conversation, he suggested that I have nothing to do with those people who refer to themselves as Mad Galahs or the
like etc and even named some names in particular.

I was and still am saddened by the content of that call.

Among the many aspects of that situation that saddened me was the fact that, on that occasion, I did not blow up (as I'm prone to do) and verbally rip a new orifice in the callers back end. The reason that I refrained from doing so was because there is no doubt as to the credibility of this individual as a front line soldier who made his way up through the ranks to receive a commission and subsequently retire as an honourable officer who had served his country with valour.

In spite of my fury, it was not my place to reprimand such a man. He has earned the right to be disillusioned and fooled by the sad and decaying, friendless souls who make up the right arm of the AVM!

He (my friend the caller) is a rational man as are the vast majority of people up here on this forum and if a rational man were to dispassionately read through everything on the AVM website, such a rational man would soon realize that the whole site and the commentary within it, adds up to the virgin epitome of nothing!

In light of the above and to the floundering souls who make up the voice of the AVM, let me say this.

"There is a way for you to abandon the wretched nonsense and sadness in your lives and re surface among us as guys who have learned to understand that all you have been perusing is just a one way trip to death by self inflicted cancer of some sort. The way forward is to accept the fact that while you might have some flimsy, apparent facts about a situation or other such and such, you are probably wrong about almost everything and make the decision to listen to the voice of your heart and not that of a leader who has chosen emotional and spiritual doom as his preferred path toward the inevitable end that we all face".

Your leader is quite understandably a lonely and bitter man but you also need to realize that he cares little about the fact that he also takes you down with him!

My thoughts are that you might step aside from the grip of HIS madness and actually get to enjoy what is left in YOUR life.

My advice is this. Choose to try and save him from himself as opposed to falling under his presently poisoned spell.

None of us should ever abandon another of us - Right, wrong, drunk, sober, insane or otherwise, we as a group are all that we have!

How often do we need to be reminded of the following fact  -  'United We Stand; Divided We Fall'

Francis Edwards
Unit 3, 88 John St,
Pyrmont. NSW. 2009
(02) 9660 2595
« Last Edit: Thursday16April2009 by Fergus Fairfax » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: