AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday01December2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don Tate Fraud Liar Wannabe Closet Paedophile and Closet Gay
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  The Military History of Mad Galah CEO Barry Corse
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Military History of Mad Galah CEO Barry Corse  (Read 26884 times)
Zionist
« Reply #12 on: Thursday06December2012 »

Barry Corse was a bully and remains a bully. He was also a chronic abuser whilst in the Army and it will be interesting to see who is first to make a complaint against him for physical and other abuse during the Royal Commission into MILITARY abuse.

AVM

To: admin@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:29 PM
Subject: BARRY CORSE

To Whom It May Concern:

I have visited your site a few times now and read many of the reports posted by Members of the AVM and would like to comment on one or two names mentioned if I may.

Barry Corse:

As a young 2Lt I had the misfortune of doing a 2 week Recruit Training Camp (Ares) when Barry was in charge of the 5 MD Recruit Training Wing.  If I had known then what I know now about him I might have acted differently but as a very junior 2Lt (2 months) and sent to the course by our Brigadier we were in awe of Corse but soon changed our mind.

He was in reality a bully with a mean streak.  He often went about abusing (verbally) the staff under his control, especially us junior officers.  To make matters worse he had a “Fuck Up” stick that he would present daily to the junior officer that he considered had made the most mistakes in a day and if that officer did not carry it around all day then he would berate him/her severely.

I believe very strongly in karma as he found out.  On the last Saturday night before the end of the camp we were in the Mess having a drink and he barged in and locked the door stating that we were not allowed out until we had bought him drinks for the entire night.  Every time he ordered a drink it was put on one of our tabs and as he only drank spirits it became quite expensive.  To cut a long story short he finally went to bed about 3:00 am leaving behind his “Fuck Up” stick which he had awarded to me for the day.  After he left the two of us that remained decided to get even and put his stick in the fire, bearing in mind that it was about 2 metres long so we stuck it up the chimney.

The next morning at breakfast all that was left was the hand with the middle finger extended sitting in the fireplace.  It was quite an impressive sight although he went ballistic when he saw it, but what the hell, he deserved it.

David Briggs:

I knew David when he was a copper in Port Hedland and later during the Political Party in the lead up to the Senate Elections in 2003.  He never mentioned anything about his service in the army other than to say he was a Sapper but I do not remember him when I was in the RAE in Nui Dat.  I later met him when I came back from Iraq in 2003 when the Political Party was looking for people and I thought that it was about time that Veterans had a bigger say in politics.  Unfortunately the Party was ill managed and poorly led so I withdraw from it as it started to disintegrate into a private club for a select few of which David was one.

Regards

An Old Sapper
BC
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday06May2009 »

Understandably I must reserve all my rights in this and related matters IF they are found to have substance.
Barry Corse
TPI Member
West Perth WA

“IF they are found to have substance”
What substance has this destructive a/hole ever come up with?
He and his mate “Cambodia Dave” Briggs accused a decorated veteran of abandoning his weapon while fleeing a battle.
The false claim was spread around by Jim Wiltshire saying the rifle, an SLR, is in a museum in Vietnam. It took me two whole days to prove beyond doubt that it was a blatant and vicious lie. I even identified what I believe is the weapon one of their stupid mates had viewed in a Saigon museum and again believe was used to begin the foul rumour. Anyone here know what a Belgian 7.62mm FAL-FN looks like? Imagine one displayed right next to a photo of an Aust Bn tracker dog team. I posted my findings to a popular veteran’s forum.
How did Corse respond?  Not a word from him.
How did Briggs respond?  He told one veteran they were mistaken and the rifle was actually an M16.
Were there any apologies or at least a retraction?  No. They’d done the damage they’d set out to do and skulked off.
Wiltshire later wrote that the weapon is indeed an M16 and in safekeeping in Queensland.
Now we see all this shite. I can’t really work out what it is and have no real interest but at a glance it looks to be a cry for assistance. Good luck with that if it is Bazza.
BC
My apologies. I should have added that I live in Saigon.
BC

I added the photo of the supposed "abandoned" SLR (lower right)  This FN still there in the Saigon War Remnants Museum as of 1 April 09.
BC.

* FN-FALWar_Remnants__museum_sighted_Apr__2008.jpg (27.91 KB, 360x480 - viewed 1197 times.)
« Last Edit: Friday08May2009 by BC » Logged
Fergus
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday06May2009 »

Barry Corse is a pain in the gluteus maximus, his last tirade of legalese and threats was to the VVFA, this week it is the TPI Federation and State Associations.  Urgent messages have been sent off to Philadelphia seeking assistance from a lawyer, sufficiently skilled to interpret what Corse has said in his strange legal lingo.

Keep up the good work Barry Corse, the more people and ex Service Organisations you attack, the more it is realised what  idiots you and your Mad Galah mates are. 

Please explain – Why do you use funny "legalese" to communicate your threats?. Why not try good old Western Australian English?

Will say no more, and am sure Barry will be pleased that his work is communicated to a wider but equally stunned audience.

Have had to snip a swathe off  his email, (shown below) as reading it all in one go would not be conducive to the mental health of even a sane Veteran.

Aye

Fergus

Barry’s latest tirade of legal talk.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2009/5/6
Subject: TPI Associated Executives, a question, have YOU as the ACCOUNTABLE CORPORATE DIRECTORS been fully appraised of the matters below?
To: TrueOrFalse@tpiexec.com.au

FYI:

Sent: Sunday, 12 April 2009 11:41 AM
To: 'admin@tpinsw.net'; 'alfken634@yahoo.com.au'; 'secretary@qldtpi.org.au'; 'tpisa@bigpond.com.au'; 'admin@tpihqvic.org.au'; 'tpiwa@tpiwa.org.au'; 'tpi-act@homemail.com.au'; 'David Catterall'
Cc: 'Griffin, Alan (MP)'; 'Louise.Markus.MP@aph.gov.au'; 'tpifed@senet.com.au'
Subject: TPI Associated Executives, a question, have YOU as the ACCOUNTABLE CORPORATE DIRECTORS been fully appraised of the matters below?

To The TPI Associated State and Federal Directors (except those with a perceived conflict of interest)

NSW Colin McGrath            admin@tpinsw.net                 for President Pat Bright

NT Allen Kennedy               alfken634@yahoo.com.au     for President Tom Davern

QLD Peter Gregory              secretary@qldtpi.org.au          for President Terry Hills

SA John Reeves                   tpisa@bigpond.com.au           for President Greg Blyth

TAS Graham Halton            tpitas@bigpond.com.au          for President Graham Halton

Vic   David Keall                 admin@tpihqvic.org.au          for President John Vincent

WA Neville Clark                tpiwa@tpiwa.org.au                for President Alan Wheatley

ACT Pat McCabe                 tpi-act@homemail.com.au      for President Adrian Roberts

Vic TPI vice pres                 dfcatterall@optus.com.net       for Vice President David Catterall                                                                                                                                                         (person of interest re:  From: David Catterall. To: Aussie Digger. Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:31 PM. Subject: Barry Corse. (ghost posted without author reply detail, author now located?)

Copy to Bill Kane  tpifed@senet.com.au  national secretary (silent or MIA?)

TPI Associated Executives

G’Day Lads

Reference: Is there a question of some TPI perceived deliberate or accidental defamation as in accessories to and after the fact of perceived criminal electronic stalking public endorsement and bullying as in a perceived endorsement of deliberate aggravation of DVA patients accepted mental illness? Is it a criminal offence to deliberately electronically stalk or promote by endorsement, a known mentally ill veteran patient, is this a deliberate aggravation of the stalked veteran’s known mental illness a premeditated criminal assault?

Just in case you did not get a copy of the inquiry below or it’s TPI national and WA state un-responded predecessors.

Have you as accountable executives seen the communication below of 20 March 2009, as a consequent and supplementary of earlier correspondence re this matter, that should have been formally presented to ALL state and national TPI directors as a matter of perceived governance and vicarious personal litigious accountability, if eventually so found?

Am I correctly advised, the national TPI entity is funded by registered state executive constitutional statute process and that consequent of this, the national executive are at law servants of the individual and collective state TPI associations?

On this basis and pursuant to the questions raised vide the earlier formal correspondence, my question as a TPI Life Scriber, has the national and vide the causal connection, “have the state TPI executives, collectively and individually defamed me and other TPI and non TPI veterans by formally publicly proclaiming that all the information contained on the identified website is accurate and that the author and owner of the website is an honest person and as a TPI executive proclaimed honest person, all his publications on the TPI executive endorsed website are honest and accurate  publications, without any caveat”?

Consequent of the potential litigious ramification emanating from these questions, can I as a financial TPI member expect all the arguable state and national TPI entities within the criteria of good governance and commercial accountability re managements duty of care to an aggrieved member, consistant with the constitution’s, to seek independent formal legal advice for the protection off ALL TPI members and their association funds? If our legal counsel’s confirms this worst case litigious possibility, then the question may need to be considered, has there been any criminal inadvertent and or deliberate process that may jeopardize any government and or sponsorship support?

If the perceived arguable deliberate actions of some of the national and state TPI executive vide the public endorsement of the criminal website and its public utterings as ACCURATE in content, without any caveat, are criminal, are the identified TPI executives accessories to and after the fact of perceived criminal electronic stalking vide the public endorsement and bullying? Does it then follow that the perceived endorsement of deliberate aggravation of DVA patients accepted mental illness in that to deliberately electronically stalk a known mentally ill veteran, is a deliberate aggravation of the stalked veteran’s known illness, a deliberate criminal act? If this stalking is so found to be an attempt to cause the stalked mentally ill veteran detriment, is the said patient of the DVA and at law within the duty of care of the statute accountable minister? IF so, has the said minister failed in his statute duty of care of the said criminally stalked veterans, if so, then is it well within the common law parameters that the minister is criminally negligent if he was found to have not protected the known mentally ill DVA patient from the direct and indirect criminal stalking endorsement of the potential respondent associations and or individuals?

Barry Corse, TPI Life Subscriber W4587

PRIVATE

National Secretary TPI                                                                                                     WITHOUT PREJUDICEBill Kane

G’Day Bill

Reference A: Extract - From: Blue Ryan Date: 11/12/2008 4:10:22 PM To: 'Barry Corse';  tpiwa@tpiwa.org.au Cc: 'Jim Wiltshire';  'Briggsy'  “The reference provided to Keith Tennent was done following a request from him some two years ago”.

Reference B: Extract - From: Barry Corse.  Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2008 9:42 AM and Friday, 19 December 2008 1:15 PM To: 'tpiwa@tpiwa.org.au' Subject: TPI national and vide process, state endorsement of criminal stalking and denigration of some TPI members and ANZAC Community.

PRIVATE  Alan Wheatley WITHOUT PREJUDICE President TPI WA and a National Director

To my knowledge I have communicated to you per reference B for the TPI national Executive’s attention re the matter described and confirmed as accurate by the national president in reference A.

In the absence of a satisfactory clarification from the TPI national and or state director executives, I again seek formal clarification of the simple up front question that appears to have been overlooked, “At law, has the TPI National Executive and therefore by dues process, all its sub entities, invited ALL the particularized aggrieved ANZACs and their families to sue the TPI for every value it has re the TPI proclaimed “accurate professional helpful website” vide all the particularized defamation within the advertized website as at and from 25 March 2007?

This should not be about perceptions of a “jolly good chap” who may have made a corporate governance error, this is about Australian Rule of Law and the litigious ramifications because some who hold corporate governance and statute accountability, may have failed to enforce the responsibilities that they contracted to uphold when they stuck their hands up and accepted the offices they stood for.

If the alleged admissions by TPI member Wiltshire from TPI national president Ryan and the initial private discussion to try and discretely resolve these governance and potential litigious concerns, before and since October 2008 are correct, the ANZAC community is understandably entitled to ponder, “what is it that a sick fellow is holding to intimidate and or blackmail a respected, admired ESO corporate executive”?  A supplementary concern may well be, why did this “community pedestalized executive” need to confide in a non TPI executive re his perceived executive fears and purportedly admit that he has been aware of the published criminal matters for some time?

Is this matter about Australian Rule of Law and the perceived question that the National TPI in proclaiming one members public website  as “accurate” when the content includes deliberate criminal and civil defamation, slander, intimidation, contempt, misrepresentation and electronic stalking of other ANZACs, specifically INCLUDING TPI members and their families?

Are there any TPI state and or national executives who have personal and or professional links to this TPI proclaimed website who by their endorsement and or published commentary, may be perceived as having a conflict of interest in this matter?

The Hypothetical Consequential Analysis below may assist in your response to my formal inequity inquiry in this matter.

Understandably I must reserve all my rights in this and related matters IF they are found to have substance.

Barry Corse
TPI Member

West Perth WA
les
« Reply #9 on: Thursday16April2009 »

I just cant believe someone would have the audacity to write such rubbish.
He must have had dinner with Hannibal Lecter that evening he wrote the Stat Dec, with the entree being his frontal lobe.
I guess his flat brimmed slouch hat is sitting at the front doors of the Australian War Memorial as one of the first pieces of memorabilia for all to see.
Brutus

« Reply #8 on: Thursday16April2009 »

There is a search team sponsored by the Australian Embassy and the Vietnamese Military Region 7 going to Balmoral next week to search for a mass grave which contains 41 NVA bodies..  Perhaps with Barry Corse's expertise and knowledge of the battle he could go and point it out to them.  Seeing he is such a military genius I am sure he would know exactly where to look.

I had the opportunity to speak to some of the 3 RAR soldiers who fought at Balmoral, one from mortars and two from a M 60 crew that fired in excess of 8,000 rounds into the NVA assault waves on the two nights the base was attacked..  They expressed some desire to meet the hero Barry Corse, not so much to thank him but to re arrange his facial features somewhat as they have no time for the snivelling gutter crawling wannabee vermin who try to steal the valour from those whe were there.
Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #7 on: Thursday16April2009 »

Well, I have just "stumbled" over the final say about hero Corse, written in his own words again no less.

As an aside I can't understand why the Government of the day bothered sending the other near 60,000 Australians to Vietnam when we had heroes like Corse et al. I mean these blokes were an Army in their own right....or is that mind?

Now listen up bazza, don't mess around with silly stat decs, they are a dime a dozen. Go before a Judge and Swear an Affidavit before the Judge that the following is true.

Read on*****

To: The Ones That Count
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 3:57 PM
Subject: The CESSATION of USA, United Kingdom, NATO and Australian deployments UNTIL ALL existing Veteran oversights are corrected

Greetings one and all.

I ask you to read the below in full and to distribute it as widely as possible, whether you agree with it or not. I certainly have. People have a right to know the full truth, and to make up their own minds. And who am I? No one really. Just some-one who cares.

It is written by one who has seen War and its immediate effects first-hand, and still suffers from it. The author would, I believe, know far more about all aspects of it than any Australian politician and many overseas, and also any currently Serving General-Ranking Officer of the Australian Defence Force, and perhaps arguably, most of equal or lesser Rank.

This is a call to end (at least) our current War(s). It illustrates the stupidity of War and the self-seeking lack of fore-thought of those who would wage it, and those who send other people's children to do so. It is always the children of 'other people'. With the inevitable result that they don't care, refuse to accept, and always fail to provide for the human detritus they create.

It won't take up much of your time. Please take that time to do that little bit extra, if not for yourself, then for others who cannot do it themselves.

Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2008 9:43 AM
To: 'Gary.Gray.MP'
Cc: 'J.Fitzgibbon.'; 'Alan Griffin'; 'Mike.Kelly.'; 'Paul.Papalia'
Subject: MUST, SHOULD and COULD

Minister Gray for Prime Minister Kevin Rudd

============================================

I Barry Corse of 2E-161 Colin Street, West Perth, Western Australia 6005

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular

Some personal footnotes in the military service life of Barry Corse

(This extract is US Army specific)

Some of my personal phantoms as a 23 year old combat veteran, while clearing some bunkers a boy soldier threw a grenade into a bunker. It had a faulty fuse and blew his hand off. Much later discussing this with my US commander, I suggested we should withdraw all the grenades from that batch. It happens and is not feasible, he was as angry as I was. Compromise, dont trust grenades. When I told my Australian commanders this story their reaction was dont tell anyone that. This was almost on a par with the Australian operational order, some friendly forces may be operating in our area dressed in black and carrying AK47s, DONT SHOOT, unless you are sure its the enemy. When I relayed that incredible order to my soldiers they looked me in disbelief, then I said, those are the orders, now this is how I will react when I see the enemy.

=======

58717 Barry Corse Second Lieutenant Royal Australian Regiment, 2 RAR ANZAC

On exchange, Commanding Third Platoon, Company A

Army of the United States of America, South Vietnam

4th/39 Rifle Regiment, 9th Division, Bear Cat, Vinh Long Province

Commanded by Lt Col Daniel Baldwin

October 1967 South Vietnam

Enlisted in the Australian Regular Army at age 15 as an Army Apprentice graduated to Royal Australian Engineers Dec 1961. Army Small Ships,17 and 22 Construction Squadrons, Sydney, Perth, Rottnest Island, Wewak, Manus Island (RAN) and Port Moresby. Officer Cadet School Portsea June 1965, graduated June 1966. Commissioned service 2 RAR Australia and Vietnam, 1ATF, Jungle Training Center, 11RWAR, 5 Military District Recruiting, 5 Cadet Brigade, 5 Training Group. Resigned 10 January 1979, transferred to the Reserve of Officers.

Summary of the US Army exchange

The basis of this exchange was that if I was killed my body would be recovered, taken back to Phuoc Thuy Province, the Australian area of operations and then thrown from a helicopter and that I would be reported as Killed In Action while on an Australian combat operation. At that point in time I had been in country as a combat platoon commander with some success. The US Commanding Officer introduced me with words to this effect to the battalion officers and senior NCOs this young officer may only be an Aussie second lieutenant (they must by law remain as such without exception for 3 years) he has more military service than every officer here except the Bn Sgt Major and me (LtCol). (I had been in the regular army then 9 years) he has more combat experience then the rest of you, pick his brains.

As I recall, 8 or 9 days later, after some sporadic minor contact with Viet Cong Killed In Action and Wounded In Action, including the personal capture of a North Vietnamese Army tax collector with US$50.000, a then considerable amount.. I became suspicious near the perimeter of a large village that something was not right, I moved my platoon into a sweep/ assault formation and shortly after we made contact with what was later confirmed as a NVA recon platoon escorting an NVA regimental commander. This was the first occasion that these soldiers had encountered a significant NVA force.

We came under fire from a large hut-building on the edge of the village, I ordered machine gun fire into the building, then assaulted through into the building. What confronted me then, I still see every day, as I am sure my fellow soldiers also still deal with.

In that hut was a nightmarish picture that epitomizes the ultimate stupidity and madness of war. We were confronted with several adult women and children kneeling and screaming around a little girl aged about 10, her little body had been cut to pieces by a machine gun burst, incredibly her face was untouched, her little face I still describe as the face of a beautiful little angel, she was lying in the largest pool of blood I have ever seen, the mother was covered in her little girls blood and she was crying.

She looked up at me and her eyes said it all, why did you kill my baby. I directed our medic to confirm the worst and then continued the assault.

Moving forward we came under some heavy disciplined  machine gun fire, I personally requested some close support artillery fire, the US Artillery Commander called me on the radio to say I was too close to the Artillery impact point and the gun barrels were  worn,  I told him I was aware of this limitation and I was the most forward person and I intended to creep it into our perimeter, The Battalion Commander who was airborne, told the Artillery Commander to give me what I wanted as I knew what I was doing.

The Artillery stopped and I asked why I was told the Bn Commander was blocking my artillery support because of his airspace location. I told the Bn Commander to get out of my air space so I could get on with the action. I was told later that the Brigade, Division and Corps commanders were listening out as this unusual aussie told the Bn Commander to get out of my war or I would shoot him down myself, I really dont recall saying that. (but that is how the story was retold later). At that point the Bn Commander laughed and ordered the acting Company Commander, a fellow Lt to give me command of the company, we have a commander that knows what he is doing.

I believed that I had the enemy caught between my assault line and the Artillery impact point. Then brought the artillery onto my perimeter with a fire for effect. Yes the ground shook and the mud and the shrapnel cut the trees around us, the noise and color effect was incredible, was rather frightening. By then the Divisional gun-ships and close air support were waiting for their turn, they had watched the very close artillery support and they were determined to be part of that very close support, what an awesome mess. My soldiers joked later, if there is a hell, then they had just seen and heard it.

We then swept through using a fire and movement assault, which I had to teach on the run, by commanding the two flanks from the center. Our sweep through uncovered several NVA bodies, artillery is incredible bloody butchery on people.  At that point I heard a very frightened shout to my right, this ones alive. A crazy scene, 5 very young terrified soldiers were pointing their rifles at a wounded NVA and they were yelling at him to surrender.

To this day, I still do not know why I did what I did; normally I would have simply shot him as a danger to my soldiers. I walked up to him, kicked aside his AK and could see he was severely shrapnel wounded; at that point, evidently I looked up and saw an even more incredible sight. I was encircled by at least 50 very frightened young soldiers, all pointing their weapons at me and the NVA; I realized they were seeing their first real life invincible NVA bogeyman.

I was told later, that I said in a loud commanding voice, as I straddled the wounded NVA, (later determined as Regimental Commander) ok men the battle is over, you have done well. medic dress the prisoners wounds, Sgt Maj get the men back into formation, report to me when everyone is accounted for, then we move out back to base. (fear takes many forms)

Sanity had returned to the madness of the moment. I ordered the Sgt Maj to call in a chopper for the prisoner, handed my rifle to a soldier, put the NVA wounded over my shoulder and our now battle proud company hit the road  200 meters and the chopper was overhead, as I put the astounded and very confused NVA on the chopper, he must have understood that I was an aussie because in spite of the pain and the morphine, he was trying to say thank you auchtaloi (aussie)  I still wonder what happened to him after the US intelligence handed him over to the ARVN interrogators, did  he make it, if he did, he sure had an interesting story to tell his grandchildren.

We moved out via the hut, not a sign of anyone except an enormous pool of blood mud.

A few nights later back at the forward regimental field base, the Commanding Officer Lt Col Daniel Baldwin, in the presence of the officers and senior NCOs and the Divisional Commander, were called to attention. I was ordered to stand present and then as I recall. I have already told your Australian Commander what I am about to say here. You have served with us the 4/39th Regiment in the Army of the United States of America, you commanded and served with great courage and honor and you have earned the respect of us and our soldiers as a professional commander who cares for his soldiers and knows what he is about, it is my honor to present personally our Combat Infantry Badge, in the short time you have been with us you have earned it many times, because of where we are we are not able to present you with a new CIB, our Regimental Sgt Major has asked that we present his CIB and you are aware that, that is in itself is an honor that most officers never receive, wear this with honor, you earned it the hard way and remember us wherever your career takes you.

He “punched the CIB into my chest and saluted me, the Sgt Major also saluted me and said with a smile, “wear my CIB with honor sir, the enemy did not draw your blood, but we have.  Yes that was a long time ago and like the face of the little girl, it is as though it was yesterday.

Some weeks later after returning to my Australian command, I received a message from Colonel Baldwin via then Lt John George and Lt Jim Connolly; (later Colonel and Major General) I had been awarded the US Bronze Star with V clasp. I was later told by my commanding officer that, he had thanked Colonel Baldwin and explained that I could not accept this because if I had accepted the medal, it would have created too many problems; however my file had been notated accordingly.

A few months later Colonel Baldwin was transferred to command a Montenyard Special Forces Group, he called on 2 RAR and asked my Commanding Officer if I could be loaned to him. The request could not be approved. It was then that Colonel Baldwin told me that I had been awarded the Silver Star and that it been rejected by my Commanding Officer. His parting comments were, transfer to the US Army we can use you.

That was the last time we saw each other. I was told later that Colonel Baldwin had complained to a visiting Australian General that the rejection of my award was an insult to the US Army; the General was not pleased at having his shopping holiday to Vietnam distracted. The same general fell asleep during a briefing with General Westmoreland.

In May 1968 while on loan to the 1st  Division (Big Red One) Binh Hoa as a Liaison Officer, the Australian Task Force Commander introduced me to the 1st  Div Commanding General and had evidently told him the previous story and that since then I had continued with my combat experience culminating in  attacking an NVA company during the 1968 TET offensive in Bien Hoa Province, with my Australian Platoon and in spite of being counter attacked 6 times, 3 of those from 3 sides, I had occupied the enemies position and refused to withdraw. A few days later General Westmoreland and his entourage appeared, evidently he had been told of my exploits.

He honored me with some gruff words as he acknowledged my CIB. I also earned mine, some said he actually smiled a little, it was said he did not smile; I was too awed to notice.

Battle of FSB CORAL May 1968

About April 1968 I was transferred to 2RAR HO as the Tracking Platoon Commander for Liaison Officer Duties. I was interviewed by the 1st Australian Task Force Commander Brigadier RL Hughes on the basis, I want some one on my HQ who actually knows what is happening out there.  Before I took over this unusual position as his personal Liaison Officer for another tour, I was assigned by him as his personal representative to the Commanding General of the 1st US Army Division (The Big Red One), essentially the overall Commanding General for Operations at Coral and Balmoral.

After a brief time at Fire Support Base Coral I then relocated to the HQ 1 Div before the NVA decided they did not want Australians in their territory, for that attack I was with the Commanding General 1 Div. (this HQ was daily repeatedly regularly mortared and rocketed at the convenience and pleasure of the NVA forces)

When the Australians were attacked and being overrun by the NVA at FSB CORAL, I was listening out with the US Generals who were VERY concerned that a terrible military disaster was unfolding before their eyes. General Westmoreland the Commanding General Vietnam, had been woken in Saigon (the Australian base was not fully prepared for such a massive enemy force and this consequence had not been anticipated by any one and the real truth of that near military and public relations disaster has never been fully told) As the Australian support and communications system began collapsing the US Commanding General asked me what did I want in the way of assistance. No one was in a position to ask command at CORAL what did they want because the command system had collapsed, 1 RAR Commander Lt Col Phil Bennett (latter General Bennett) had taken command and was personally directing the Australian Air Support the Australian Artillery were partially overrun and were firing point blank at the NVA massed attacks.

This was the first real test of Australian close air support and on the basis I knew that our resources were limited; I asked for and was given US army and Air Force air support which I moved into position close by and above the battle zone. Soon after, the Australian air support advised Lt Col Bennett that they were out of ammunition and would return to base to re-arm, a turnaround time of an estimated 1 hour plus. Then I heard Phils voice like never before say (he was my Chief Instructor at Officer Training), jeesus we are being overrun, is there anyone who can help us then a voice said do you want some gunships and close air and some spookies (DC3s with multiple Gatling guns). Well the rest is history, the NVA were massacred. Phil had the entire US Corp air support at his fingertips. I still dont know if Lt Col Bennett ever found out who father xmas was.

So yes I was at CORAL but not in person, probably good luck that a US General entrusted and empowered an Aussie 2Lt to analyze, break some conventions and rules and provide some prompt pre-positioned essential close support .

The 1 ATF Deputy Commander Colonel Don Dunstan, (later General), was listening out to this pending disaster, having alerted the Australian Commander in Vietnam that a massacre may be unfolding. Later he commented, thank god we had an officer who the US accepted and trusted because by chance General Westmoreland had congratulated him for his previous success with US Army Forces.

To add to the myth, the Divisional staff were fascinated that their General gave an Australian very junior officer, placement and operational command of his air support and accepted and implemented the suggestion that we may need a full airborne battalion in the morning for either a hot reinforcement insertion OR to recover a lot of dead Australians before the NVA could steal and or mutilate their bodies. At the next briefing the general explained why and how a 2LT did what he did.

Well we did not need the reinforcements or the body recovery but be assured I did not sleep that night or the next day either.  None of this matters now J

Even in war there are some unusual side effects the repayment for the massive US air support to save CORAL from being over-run, was my flat brimmed slouch hat for the Commanding General J.

The high command fear was very real, if their allies the Australians had been over-run the PR impact would have been even more disastrous for the USA than TET itself. Only the Men of CORAL know how close they all came to death that night. The Colonels and the Generals, US and Australian knew how close this victory was to a disaster that had not occurred in the Australian Defense Forces since WW1. for one simple reason when the massed enemy breached the outer perimeter wire they got lost looking for the second and third and fourth perimeter wires they expected. Not finding what they had been told to expect they wandered around looking for the next perimeter to attack and that is where the hand to hand combat took place.

Our unprepared Fire Base and the NVA confusion and our soldiers tenacity became the factor that saved the lives and mutilation of the Men of Coral.

Some where over the years the notations of my US Army combat service seem to have got lost or removed, Australian witnesses to this story vide Colonel Baldwin related to Lt John George. (Colonel) Lt Jim Connelly (Major General). Doesnt really matter now its just another of many secondary historical footnotes.

Barry Corse
« Last Edit: Thursday16April2009 by Cassius » Logged
les
« Reply #6 on: Thursday16April2009 »

Well its cut and dry General Corse " Custer " served with Sir William Ernest Johnson " Crazy Horse " but im unsure as to whether or not Sir William would agree with the version of events provided by General Corse " Custer ".

ANZAC Day is just around the corner and our lost little puppy Sir William will be on the prowl probing for lost mates.

Veterans past and present please take the opportunity to strike up a converstion with him to learn your experiences in not only Vietnam but todays operations.
Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #5 on: Thursday16April2009 »

We all know Corse saved the day at Coral/Balmoral, was the only Australian Officer to lead yanks during combat and was highly decorated by these grateful American cousins.

Trouble is of "course" these records have been lost, waylaid, highjacked, destroyed by the generallisimos and Masons in the ADF Command structures and , well, you know the rest.

Just to prove Corse is a real hero you should read his own words, we'll find more later, but for now put on your helmets.

To: 'Jim Wiltshire' ; 'Allen J Petersen' ;  'Jenny Bell' ; 'Barry Corse' ; 

Cc: 'James Royals'

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:03 PM

Subject: RE: Defamatory and/or insulting and/or Criminal Comments and/or Acts // THE MILITARY EXPLOITS OF BARRY CORSE............

CORSE’S EMAIL WITH BOLD NOTATIONS BY XXXXXX

Battle of FSB CORAL May 1968 Now everyone read this lot very carefully. I then ask anyone from Coral to make comment on 2LT Corse and his actions in May 1968. This fool basically rubbishes the service of ever man who was at Coral in his following writings.

About April 1968 I was transferred to 2RAR HO as the Tracking Platoon Commander for Liaison Officer Duties. I was interviewed by the 1st Australian Task Force Commander Brigadier RL Hughes on the basis, “I want some one on my HQ who actually knows what is happening out there”. Before I took over this unusual position as his personal Liaison Officer for another tour, I was assigned by him as his personal representative to the Commanding General of the 1st US Army Division (The Big Red One), essentially the overall Commanding General for Operations at Coral and Balmoral.

After a brief time at Fire Support Base Coral I then relocated to the HQ 1 Div before the NVA decided they did not want Australians in their territory, for that attack I was with the Commanding General 1 Div. (this HQ was daily repeatedly regularly mortared and rocketed at the convenience and pleasure of the NVA forces)

When the Australians were attacked and being overrun by the NVA at FSB CORAL, I was listening out with the US Generals who were VERY concerned that a terrible military disaster was unfolding before their eyes. General Westmoreland the Commanding General Vietnam, had been woken in Saigon (the Australian base was not fully prepared for such a massive enemy force and this consequence had not been anticipated by any one and the real truth of that near military and public relations disaster has never been fully told) As the Australian support and communications system began collapsing the US Commanding General asked me what did I want in the way of assistance. No one was in a position to ask command at CORAL what did they want – because the command system had collapsed, 1 RAR Commander Lt Col Phil Bennett (latter General Bennett) had taken command and was personally directing the Australian Air Support – the Australian Artillery were partially overrun and were firing point blank at the NVA massed attacks.

This was the first real test of Australian close air support and on the basis I knew that our resources were limited; I asked for and was given US army and Air Force air support which I moved into position close by and above the battle zone. Soon after, the Australian air support advised Lt Col Bennett that they were out of ammunition and would return to base to re-arm, a turnaround time of an estimated 1 hour plus. Then I heard Phil’s voice like never before say (he was my Chief Instructor at Officer Training), “jeesus we are being overrun, is there anyone who can help us” – then a voice said “do you want some gunship’s and close air and some spookies (DC3s with multiple Gatling guns)”. Well the rest is history, the NVA were massacred. Phil had the entire US Corp air support at his fingertips. I still don’t know if Lt Col Bennett ever found out who father xmas was.

So yes I was at CORAL but not in person, probably good luck that a US General entrusted and empowered an Aussie 2Lt to analyze, break some conventions and rules and provide some prompt pre-positioned essential close support .

The 1 ATF Deputy Commander Colonel Don Dunstan, (later General), was listening out to this pending disaster, having alerted the Australian Commander in Vietnam that a massacre may be unfolding. Later he commented, thank god we had an officer who the US accepted and trusted because by chance General Westmoreland had congratulated him for his previous success with US Army Forces.

To add to the myth, the Divisional staff were fascinated that their General gave an Australian very junior officer, placement and operational command of his air support and accepted and implemented the suggestion that we may need a full airborne battalion in the morning for either a hot reinforcement insertion OR to recover a lot of dead Australians before the NVA could steal and or mutilate their bodies. At the next briefing the general explained why and how a 2LT did what he did.

Well we did not need the reinforcements or the body recovery – but be assured I did not sleep that night or the next day either. None of this matters now ?

Even in war there are some unusual side effects – the repayment for the massive US air support to save CORAL from being over-run, was my flat brimmed slouch hat for the Commanding General ?.

The high command fear was very real, if their allies the Australians had been over-run the PR impact would have been even more disastrous for the USA than TET itself. Only the Men of CORAL know how close they all came to death that night. The Colonels and the Generals, US and Australian knew how close this victory was to a disaster that had not occurred in the Australian Defense Forces since WW1. for one simple reason – when the massed enemy breached the outer perimeter wire they got lost looking for the second and third and fourth perimeter wires they expected. Not finding what they had been told to expect they wandered around looking for the next perimeter to attack and that is where the hand to hand combat took place.

Our unprepared Fire Base and the NVA confusion and our soldier’s tenacity became the “x” factor that saved the lives and mutilation of the Men of Coral. The above I leave to the men who served at Coral. Your comments on both the battle and this despicable little person claiming to not only be there, but to have controlled and won the day would be appreciated. Rest assured I will put them across the net to all genuine veterans once you provide me with the information.  

Some where over the years the notations of my US Army combat service seem to have got lost or removed, Australian witnesses to this story vide Colonel Baldwin related to Lt John George. (Colonel) Lt Jim Connelly (Major General). Doesn’t really matter now it’s just another of many secondary historical footnotes.

-----------------

Oh dear readers, we have just "stumbled" on the "official record" of hero Corses time with the Yanks.......read what he has to say about his own heroics--------------

To: orangeprotest@googlegroups.com ; xxxxxxx

Cc: xxxxxxx

Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:46 PM
Subject: Fw: "what did you do in the war grandpa"?

Sent: Tuesday, 22 April 2008 12:23 PM
To: 'briggsy1@iprimus.com.au'
Cc: 'Jim Wiltshire'; 'Bob de Haas'; 'John (Jack) Robert Babbage'
Subject: The Men of CORAL redid KOKODA.(IMITA)

Briggsy 

I think some of my Vietnam lads are about to confirm my first US army time describing the US army Lt who took my exchange. Some will politely invite General Jim Connolly and Colonel John George to confirm the unusual US army exploits of bazza. They were the first to tell me of the US Army decoration.

It will be interesting to see what Generals Dunstan and Hughes have to say re CORAL – I have been saving this next extract re General Bennett and myself. “Do you recall that when the RAAF advised you that they were out of ammo and would be back in an hour, your plea “jeesus we are being overrun NOW”, then a voice came from the skies and inquired,  “sunray 9, do you want some close air support now”. Bennett replied “who are you”, personally I thought that was an irrelevant question as did the 3 generals and command officers standing with me, so I broke all the radio procedure and explained, who this voice on his battalion command net was and that all communications to the Task Force HQ were down. He then decided, “yes please”. I told him what was deployed above him waiting for his orders and that the air command were listening to our conversation and would call him as soon as we stopped talking on this frequency. Being the good commander, Lt Col Bennett queried why this frequency and I as a good 2Lt explained that the US air support did not have the Aussie codes and frequencies. He was concerned that this was his command net, I suggested as a good 2Lt to a Lt Col, “well give them your air support frequency in clear”. 

Don Dunstan later told me he was listening out to this astonishing “logged combat command interchange”. (evidently he was briefing the COMAFV because the 1 ATF forward command communications were out) I suspect from the look on his face he was as fascinated listening out in Nui Dat as the Big Red 1 (1st Division) generals and 2 Corps Generals and General Westmoreland were. I was told later that as Westmoreland was listening to this interchange he was on the Whitehouse line and joint chiefs that “we may be facing an Australian force massacre”. (nonplussed is probably a reasonable word to describe many of the free world forces command players)

The bottom line, the NVA forces were bunched together outside the breached wire and perimeter were waiting for the signals inside the CORAL wire for the final assault when the skies opened up with bullets and nasty things and they got massacred while the lads inside the wire resorted to pure ANZAC resolve and refused to surrender and die from the mass of NVA inside the wire looking for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th CORAL perimeters they assumed were in-place. The Men of CORAL redid KOKODA. This was the occasion when then 2 Lt Neil Weekes won his Military Cross for convincing Colonel Bennett that this was the time for the mortars to fire on his position because there were more of the NVA in his position than he and his soldiers. (another unorthodox combat commander)

As xxxxxxxxxx and a few others have commented, that “unorthodox young officer corse, did not follow the rules for good 2lts. If all this and the other stories are correct, why were they also edited out all these years.

To those criminal vigilante anonymous pussies who have called my Lads and me “ANZAC LIARS”, a reminder, I have deliberately submitted a Statutory Declaration to the former prime minister. To lie in a stat dec is deliberate statute perjury. I invite anyone who can prove I have deliberately committed statute perjury to initiate criminal charges to the AFP?

Barry

=================================

Sent: Monday, 21 April 2008 1:19 PM
To: xxxxx
Cc: 'Jim Wiltshire'; 'Jenny Bell'; 'Briggsy'; 'Harry Kirkman'
Subject: THE MILITARY EXPLOITS OF BARRY CORSE

xxxx

I have not embellished in any way my military career J

General Jim Connolly and Colonel John George can validate my first US army service if they so wish as they can confirm that they were the first to tell me of my US army decoration before the CO told me and later when Colonel Baldwin personally told me in the presence of then General Cape, General Hughes complimented me on it and my personal capture of the NVA regimental commander whilst commanding in action per direction of Baldwin, Company A. both Connolly and George followed me in the exchange program until it was cancelled from above J Jim Connolly was the asst adjutant and I assumed he was the one the CO told to notate my personal file J John George asked me to give him one of the elite rare collar badges formally presented to me with the formally presented CIB J

Generals Hughes and Dunstan can both confirm my second service with the US Army. Some of the CORAL commanders have pondered that part of the untold CORAL story that Dunstan and Hughes acknowledged, perhaps if it was not for 2Lt barry corse and his accreditation re the above by the US Corps and Divisional commanders and later personally by General Westmoreland, all the Lads who celebrate CORAL would be dead. That’s also in the stat dec.

Purportedly when some anzmi slugs were trying to discredit this fact last year they flushed out some of my US army lads who replied that they had been trying to find me for 40 years and want me to attend as a special guest their next reunion in 2009. Some have further contacted me re the decoration. I asked that if they located it please place it in the 4/39 Regiment Museum with all their names under it with my name at the bottom.

All the above and much more is in a statutory declaration in the prime ministers department and DVA records and CARO.

The AWM have the detailed exploits of 9 Platoon Charlie company making the first major combat assault on the 26 January 1968, we kicked a NVA company plus out of their defensive position, they got angry and after 7 counter attacks and 16 hours they wandered of to Saigon. I asked for 5 decorations and got 1 DCM “we have used up our quota” J

I hope this clarifies your questions, your mate is a bit selective in his historical presentation of facts J

Barry

PS, attached is a cutting that one of the Lads put in the AWM and sent me a long time ago.

Per:

? ?
Jim Wiltshire,
107 Phillips St Wodonga 3690.
02 6024 1079. Or: 0412 161047
« Last Edit: Thursday16April2009 by Fergus Fairfax » Logged
Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #4 on: Friday10April2009 »

To: avmemaillist@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 8:53 PM
Subject: MAD GALAH CORSE AT ITAGAIN

avmemaillist@austvetmatters.net

It looks like failed 2nd Lieutenant Barry Corse is at it again.

You can read up on Corse here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/corse.html

http://www.austvetmatters.net/Docs/corseupdate27feb09.doc

http://www.austvetmatters.net/barrycorse.html

Corse just doesn't know when enough is enough and doesn't know when he is not wanted.

Not only doesn't he understand he is not wanted, he doesn't understand he is treated as a joke by the general ESO and Veteran communities.

Today admin received the following email which we will comment on after you read his drivel.

To:  ; admin@austvetmatters.net
Cc: ****************
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 5:50 PM
Subject: FAILED OFFICER BARRY CORSE...RSL MEMBER.........ADVOCATES NEIL WEEKES....PMAC MEMBER... AS KEY RSL ADVISOR

To: 'John Graham'

Sent: Thursday, 9 April 2009 6:04 PM

Subject: New forums for veterans = widening the ANZAC community base input.

Thanks John

May I suggest that this is deliberately enlarging the ANZAC community political input base and yes it is playing politics to the aligned and non aligned ANZAC Community. From my perspective this is a PLUS for the ANZAC community.

In reality it pushes the rsl further off centre stage as the once self proclaimed peak body.

I hope that this will cause the perceived discrete defacto rsl executive leaders David McLachlan of the southern rsl forces and Ted Chitham of the northern rsl forces to ponder the advice of some senior conservatives and use Neil Weekes as the future key rsl player to help the RSL executive be perceived as relevant to the majority of the non aligned ANZAC Community before it becomes a fatally wounded eso dinosaur. Anyone contemplating regurgitating any of the past nominees should review political marketing 101, command is about perception by the buyers, do we trust this establishment front? Andrew Peacock and Jim Killen once assured me that Bill Snedden was the man to lead the liberals back to government, they did not understand politics 101 from the middle ground voters perspective either and deservedly paid in full for thinking like a figjam.

The conservatives have made it clear, TO WIN THE NEXT ELECTION THEY must have the ANZAC vote in the margins. The ALP have made it clear that to retain government, they MUST keep and expand the ANZAC vote in the marginals. Informally they both accept that their endorsement by the eso establishment dinosaurs is the marginals kiss of death in that the non aligned ANZAC community will go opposite to what the perceived irrelevant ESO executives suggest. As one of the more astute very senior conservative wannabe ministers commented, the rsl high command establishment just dont get it, the ANZAC genie is OUT of the mushroom bottle and is NOT to return. I wonder if anyone has tried to suggest that to Adrian Clunies Ross and or David McLachlan?

Just a different perspective.

Barry

To read up about failed 2nd Lieutenant Barry Corse please click here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/corse.html

http://www.austvetmatters.net/Docs/corseupdate27feb09.doc

Corse was an RSL member the last we saw from him and he has consistently engaged in behaviour unbecoming an RSL member. It is time he was hauled before the WA RSL ethics Committee because of the consistent way he has undermined the RSL. We have said before and we will say again. There are serious issues which the RSL must address about its operation, however Corse and the mad galahs are not the people to listen to. Corses behaviour as an RSL member is not acceptable because he has no intention of addressing the genuine RSL issues. His intention is to cause disunity and mayhem and disharmony in the RSL.

We notice again he has mentioned his good mate and supporter Neil Weekes , a Retired Brigadier and a member of the PMs Advisory Council which was set up by this Government to advise the PM and Minister on ex Service matters. Weekes was a long time member of the mad galah email list and may still be on that list. He has privately and openly supported the mad galahs in the past though he has made a move in recent times to distance himself from being tarnished by them and Don Tates lies and fabrications. There is a clear conflict of interest  by Weekes if he remains on the mad galah system. The mad galahs have openly stated he has been a private advisor to several of them.

So, Corse has failed to understand we are sick to the teeth of his nonsense and gibberish and again he is making a move to publicly try and make a name for himself, something which has failed before and which will fail again. Nobody with any sense, decency or principle listens to anything foul mouthed and abusive Corse has to say.

AVM.
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday18March2009 »

During the Vietnam War the only Australian Army Officers who commanded US Army personnel in the field in operations  were those who served with AATTV allocated to US Special Forces .

Example an Australian Major in command of a Mobile Strike Force Battalion or an Australian Captain in command of a Mobile Strike Force Company.

This was operational command not administrative command.

A US Combat Infantry Badge can only be awarded to a US enlisted man or commissioned officer. This  award  is originated in the field by an individual in command of others who bears witness to the fact by location/date and time together with a report of hostile enemy action being brought to bear upon the recipient of the recommended award of the CIB
« Last Edit: Saturday28March2009 by Cassius » Logged

Ethelred
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday18March2009 »

Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Subject: THE MILITARY HISTORY OF BARRY CORSE
To: ************

Corse has made a very big blunder here in reference to his statement:……….

Barry Corse has publicly claimed he was detached to an American combat unit during his time as LO, and that he was the only Australian Officer to ever command American Troops in combat during the Vietnam War.  He claims he was decorated for bravery by the Americans.

I would suggest that he is getting himself mixed up with Capt. Ivan Cahill who commanded Echo Coy, 2nd Bn, 3rd Marine Regt from 24 Aug 67 to 3 May 68.

See here for Capt Cahill’s USMC details…..http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-heroes/ivan-cahill.htm

Perhaps this can be brought to the attention of corse.

Cheers

Ethelred
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday18March2009 »

Feedback from a Retired Army Officer who instructed trainee Officers

"I am available at any time to debate Barry Corse in a public place eyeball to eyeball, his alleged military achievements being the items on the agenda subject to suitable referees being appointed.

As a veteran I am disgusted by the behaviour of Mr Corse and others who are cast from the same mould. They are an insult to the profession of arms"
Zion
Administrator

« on: Monday16March2009 »

To read the official Service history of mad galah CEO Barry Corse click here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/barrycorse.html

Corse is a raving madman who has caused more embarrassment and trouble for the Veteran community than any Retired Officer at any time in memory.

He retired a Temporary Captain and substantive 2nd Lieutenant after 20 years service.

Like the rest of the mad galah leading lights Corse lies, attacks others for no reason, embellishes his Service and tells waries.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: