AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Thursday20February2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wiltshire CEO of Conspiracy Theory Central
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Personal Files Are Available
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Personal Files Are Available  (Read 5299 times)
forgotten1

« Reply #1 on: Monday23April2012 »

Great advice, Peter, but just thought I'd add a safety tip: just occasionally, you can access the archived Army service records of your own family members in a perfectly legal fashion as you described and then they go and have what can only be described as a spastic fit because apparently you aren't entitled to know the truth and threaten to sue you and the National Archives. Just sayin'.
Peter Gregory
« on: Friday24April2009 »

Just a quick note.  I don't know if everyone's aware that the personal files of people who's service, medals etc are a bit dodgy can be obtained from the National Archives.  If you've got names and dates of birth there is an online form which can be used to abtain the files.  It cost $25 but if memory serves correct, they will put the files on line for $16:50 as long as they've been out of the military for more than 30 years.  Thought I'd pass that on for those who were not aware f it.

Cheers,

Pete
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: