AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday29September2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wiltshire CEO of Conspiracy Theory Central
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  You bastard 80s!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You bastard 80s!  (Read 17055 times)
grunter

« Reply #13 on: Thursday30April2009 »

G'DAY

Sorry for the delay my broadband went walkabout yesterday? I should ask for a discount?

Re the Stroll & Navy.
Ok first the stroll; most of the Units before Viet Nam Units did not "march".
That is left right left right, arms up; in time to the many, many bands.
I also made notes when looking at the video/Units, and many times i have written, No Jackets, No Ties; No Medals of ANY sort?
Who checks these hangers on when the form up?

OK the Navy. My view point is that (fully explained in my post in ANZAC Day tradition or farce)  the Navy marched in the middle of Infantry WW2 Vets?

Simply put the Order of March should be ALL WW2; ALL Post WW2, Modern ADF.
Then Relative organisations; followed by the Fire Brigade(Huh) and others.

Or you have dozens of young Navy without a medal between them; marching in front of Viet Nam Infantry who have ACTIVE SERVICE?  The modern ADF such as the Navy, need to march in their era, after Post WW2; to be recognised and acknowledged or soon kids, will lead the Sydney March in front of Post WW2 Veterans?

G. 

80s
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday29April2009 »

As long as only one relative marches to represent a deceased VETERAN then its OK, but its not a free for all and its not your right to march for a relative its a privelege.

80's
mowerman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday29April2009 »

Can you explain what you mean Grunter, 4th para down " mostly a stroll ( except for Navy but thats another story ) "   M

grunter

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday28April2009 »

G'DAY All

I have found a story in the Weekend Australia i am not happy about but will post that under new title.
Perhaps "Digger legend Bashing".

Don't know why the Nashos (2 up) need to attend ANZAC Day?
They have their own Reserve Forces Day which is getting bigger each year.

I don't agree with the comment that with out the dead relatives ANZAC Day will fall on its face?
At least in Sydney; from my observation (I taped the event) the March only started when the Viet Nam era lads arrived. They Marched in every sense of the word.

When before that it was mostly a stroll (except for Navy but that another story) also people without Jackets, without ties, without medals for heavens sake? How do they get to join in?

There is now an official WW1 relative organisation.
Now its up to the WW2 relos; to join that or make up their own.
Then then can take their place after the Diggers to commemorate those who no longer march.

BC
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday28April2009 »

"I will stick to the Dawn Service from now on"

Tell the Nasho's ASSn heads this Tooligie. They won't reply or do anything but have your say.
I'm sure the vet from Geelong will be putting in his 2 bobs worth as well.

The Nasho Assn head sherangs can be contacted here  http://www.nashos.org.au/  That's where I got the email address from before.

A few vets and I had a shot at them last year when four whackers were photographed in Canberra near the War Memorial, with school kids, describing themselves as "Veterans"  Other vets slammed the newspaper and reporter for that as well. From memory, the paper replied that the reporter was only quoting the double-gonged "Veterans"

BC
Tooligie

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday28April2009 »

Hell if you want to see a hijacked march go to Maryborough...must be 40% of the marchers were NS with no operational or overseas service.
It was my last march, I will stick to the Dawn Service from now on.
80s
« Reply #7 on: Monday27April2009 »

Well maybe you have finally seen what I have been saying all along Cav. We have vererans getting replica gongs made up so their kids (as many as they have) can march along with them, or numerous relatives marching in the same march for a deceased veteran relative. Only returned veterans should be marching and if they are gone then one relative only can take their place. The way its turnned into a circus is why I only attend the Dawn service and not the march. Dont even get me started on Nasho's with no operational service marching, what a joke, its not a servicemans march, its a returned veterans march where those who served along side their mates on operations march for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Rant Out.

80's
les
« Reply #6 on: Monday27April2009 »

A Peace Pipe to assist me in loving thy neighbour.

I see the point your making CAV and the issue is easily resolved by instituting an order of march. It shouldn't make any difference as to whether or not the individuals running the show have war service or not.
There's plenty of individuals in the high almighty seat with war service destroying their respective ESOs consequently destroying the numbers in their membership.
Scare off the decendents, relatives or whatever and ANZAC Day will fall flat on its face.
Cav
« Reply #5 on: Monday27April2009 »

I never took much notice before Grunter, but blokes with medals and no war service seem to be in charge now.
They have snuck up on us and done us over.
Anzac Day is no longer a solemn occasion whereby we reflect upon those young Australian men who died on foreign shores.  It seems that anyone who knows someone whose uncle had a few beers with a bloke whose grandfather fought in WWI now wants to march; and they do.  Who stops them?  No bugger.
I recall as a young bloke those WWII fellows marching side by side, all well dressed in their Sunday best outfit, marching in step to the applause of those on the footpaths.
Look at it now, a million different banners with a handful of people both young and old sauntering along behind them.  The telecast now lingers more on the bands.
We need to throw away the banners, sparate into three groups - Army, Navy and Airforce - line up ten abreast, returned men only; and march for those very brave young men who can no longer march but are with us in our thoughts.
It's about them, not the marchers.
grunter

« Reply #4 on: Monday27April2009 »

G'DAY CAV

While we thought that the Traditions and respect of ANZAC Day were in good hands, the whole thing has been stolen by 1-a-bs and hangers on; who have come out of the wood work wearing ADMs and Simpson Medals while we were not looking?

Is it too late? Perhaps; but at least for 2009/2010; i am not going down with out a shit fight!
Perhaps we should share strategies and contacts so that our work get to the right ears?

FIRE MISSION, over

G   
80s
« Reply #3 on: Sunday26April2009 »

LOL Not sure if your post is all tongue in cheek or whether there is some serious point in it. But hopefully you have seen the truth of it. Up here in the north we mainly have guys with actual operational service and mostly still serving. The worst I saw all day was an old guy sporting the ADM followed by a "Simpson medal" and then a Regular Forces Tin.

We have a Wannabee LOL.

80's
Cav
« Reply #2 on: Sunday26April2009 »

Les, wot you bin smokin', boy?  Wink
les
« Reply #1 on: Saturday25April2009 »

Well so what.

Your still our beloved NASA ( Not A Soldiers Arsehole )

OK CAV.

Wow CAV is this like love at first bite.

How dare that tin hero represent the veteran community.......

Whats going on CAV are you sharpening the other side of your bayonet these days? Its been a while would you like a refresher?

Don'T blame that lovely lady Paula for all your inadequacies.

Keep the eyes and ears posted for that Ch 10 chopper.

Well CAV  you failed to sign on the first time. Hmmmmmm

OK CAV not everyone can make it to hero status.

For f*** sake all you had to do was switch the bloody radio on.

Shit CAV be honest about your unauthorized discharge of your weapon that shot Church your CO in the Ass. It adds a whole new meaning to the butts party.

CAV your as mad as a mad woman shitting herself playing with a one armed bandit.

No need for unnecessary violence that poor bastard along with the rest of the volunteers with one medal dipped out to give nashos two medals for their very limitted service.

Ahhhhh our next debate.
« Last Edit: Sunday26April2009 by Cassius » Logged
Cav
« on: Saturday25April2009 »

How many years has it been 80s?

We’ve been arguing online for a few years now.  On forums, veterans’ sites and my blog; we’ve been at each others throats on a whole range of issues.  Strangely though we’ve become mates and we keep in contact via email and the telephone.

Today is a milestone. 

80s, you are, cough, cough, right on the following issue…… non returned servicemen seem to be in charge.

I’m sorry mate that I have been so pig headed over this, but obviously I haven’t been paying attention.  At a dawn service in a country town where I last marched on Anzac Day I noticed that the two blokes running the dawn service were not returned men!  Indeed the marshals for the march were not returned men.  Who are these guys?

Oh they had medals alright, but no war service (or whatever it’s called today).

Today I did not attend a dawn service or march due an ongoing vertigo condition I have – but I had a look at the march in Sydney on TV and it is indeed a dogs breakfast.  Grunter is right – put the returned men up front and the rest can make their own arrangements. 

On the channel 10 news tonight there was a bloke doing the ode at a lectern at a dawn service somewhere and although he had three medals – he was not a returned man!

At lunch today I was out with Paula having lunch at a golf club trying to avoid the Anzac Day ‘celebrations’.  The two up started (I lost $20, or rather Paula’s youngest daughter lost it for me).  There were mostly young people there but I did notice one bloke wearing a suit and sporting medals, a poppy and lapel badge.  He had one medal – the ADM.

Maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed to me that this guy was poncing around.  If I had been wearing my medals they would have been in my pocket now as the solemn occasions were over.  So to me this guy was a poser.  All I had that denoted me as a ‘returned man’ was a Vietnam Veteran belt buckle.  All I wanted to do was to take the belt off and give this guy a whack over the head with it.  Take that you wanker!

You bastard 80s, I was content in my ignorance, now I am as mad as hell.  Anzac Day has lost its symbolism and the medal jockeys without war service are taking over.

Maybe ANZMI should do something about this.  I wonder if they will let me sign up (I’ve been knocked back twice because I’m too good lookin’  Grin) and take the battle to the media.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: