AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Thursday29October2020

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Tate hates Vietnam Vets like the War Protestors Did
2,371 Posts in 149 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO DON TATE, RICHARD BIGWOOD, KEVIN LLOYD-THOMAS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO DON TATE, RICHARD BIGWOOD, KEVIN LLOYD-THOMAS  (Read 23634 times)
cicero

« Reply #16 on: Thursday21May2009 »

Understanding exactly what Bigwood states is hard to fathom, considering his stated experience in preparing statements or affidavits.  This statement of Bigwood is so littered with inconsistencies........please read it again......

would you just love to interrogate or cross-examine Bigwood on what he stated "Secondly for the record I was at Thau Tich in APC 23A in the far north cut off group, I did use an M60 during the ambush on the 30th when returning to Xuyen moc"

What does he actually state...."he was at Thua Tich in APC23A...........he did use an M60 during the ambush.....on the 30th........when returning to Xuyen Moc..............

This statement is flawed.......'when returning to Xuyen Moc"Huh  please explain?
krt1.

« Reply #15 on: Thursday21May2009 »

Secondly for the record I was at Thau Tich in APC 23A in the far north cut off group, I did use an M60 during the ambush on the 30th when returning to Xuyen moc.

I will ask you again;  

"What was the Name of the Crew Commander and the Driver as well as the Mini man, on board car 23A?"  If you were there you will know their names, and have knowledge of a particular incident on this carrier / car.
krt1.

« Reply #14 on: Monday18May2009 »

What was the name of the Crew Commander and Driver of 23A? Also if you were there what was the Minni mans name?  I would be interested to know. Thank you.
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Monday18May2009 »

Hi readers,
You may recall that on 21 April 2009 we issued a public challenge to Rick “ Barney “ Bigwood, Kevin Lloyd-Thomas and Donald Tate. We made a simple challenge and we didn’t demand anything. You can read that challenge here http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=41.0

Tate responded with his usual blustering abusive attack which meant nothing  and now we have received a reply from Richard Bigwood. See below.

Once again Bigwood has acted true to mad galah form and has offered a lot of huff and puff, a lot of bluster and immaturity and has failed to send the simple statutory declaration which would put many matters to rest once and for all.

We note Barney Bigwood openly says he has stated in his alleged stat dec to the Attorney that he was well north of the main ambush body, the killing ground, on the night of the 29 May 1969, the night of the Thua Tich ambush. This point is welcome but is all very confusing because Tate has implied and stated at times that he [Tate] and others were in the thick of the ambush, receiving much enemy small arms fire. In any case the outermost Cav Sect which Bigwood says he was with was about 3km NORTH of the killing ground, according to the official AO Frog map held by the AWM.

We are not sure why Bigwood would send a stat dec requested by us via an open public challenge to [ we presume] the Federal Attorney, who would have no interest at all in the matters of the night of 29 May 1969.

We also gasp at the immaturity of Bigwoods language, language the mad galahs have used countless times. Surely men of our age and life experience are capable of a more rational and sensible response?

We are also amazed at just why he has mentioned Bob Buick. We have nothing whatever to do with Bob Buick regarding the operation of the AVM website and he is not an AVM member.

We don’t know just what enquiry Bigwood refers to so maybe he can email us and explain what enquiry he is talking about. If he means the hollow threat by Colmer to take silly mad galah matters to the AAT in January, that failed to materialise. We know Bigwood and his mad galah friends read this forum so Barney old chap do let us know what you are talking about.

Ok to finish this off without us going on and on........Bigwoods email follows, followed by a forum entry he made to the Cav Forum, which clearly shows how he is trying to distance himself from Donald Tate. The characters referred to in the Bigwood forum post are former Cavalry members and Vietnam Veterans.

Oh, and Barney, we see you insist on referring to the alleged 2nd D&E Platoon.

Read on and see if you reckon Barney Bigwood has responded openly and honestly.

To: admin@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 12:13 PM
Subject: "CHALLENGE"

To the Rudyard Kipling obsessed anomous characters, in particular "Mogwli". Please let the supercilious silk who offered "pro bono" advice to prepare statutory declarations that I did not require his help as during my working life I had plenty of experience in preparing court documents.
Firstly I have sworn a statutory declaration( before an officer of the court) about my actions and presence with the 2nd D&E platoon , but seeing you all hide behind pseudonyms
 and also have no right to demand or request anything from me I chose to send the original with annexures to the Attorney General of the Commonwealth with copies to various government departments that would be interested in your methods of delivering unsubstantiated statements electronically.
As previously stated I am familiar with penalties for swearing false documents and I am prepared to appear before any duly constituted inquiry or official review and repeat same in front of a judge..
Secondly for the record I was at Thau Tich in APC 23A in the far north cut off group, I did use an M60 during the ambush on the 30th when returning to Xuyen moc.
I now await the response from Government, if wish to view my "STAT DEC" I am sure one of Bob Buick's "FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES IN THE GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY " could get you a copy otherwise see you at the inquiry. Maybe Akela could wear his "WOLF OUTFIT" and you your "LAP LAP" I will be dressed so everyone knows who I am.

Richard (Barney) Bigwood 218527
Comments by Rick Bigwood

I have just finished reading Allan's new book, "BEFORE I FORGET". It is a fantastic read , honest, raw and funny. It is his legacy for his grandkids for when they ask "what did grand dad do in the war?" You can order direct from Allan at 112 Plaintain Road Shailer Park Qld 4128 sending a cheque for $24.95. Or ordering by email at alice@gsn.net.au and doing a direct debit to the Suncorp Metway bank BSB 484-799 Account Ad &AF Stanton T/A Stanton agencies A/c number 101040781.
Comments by Rick Bigwood
allan has told his experiences and hasn't mentioned Don tate or the 2nd D&E platoon. He mentions "the scouts" which were up the road and apart from that concentrates on 2 Troops involvement. cal it was not Don Tate's platoon it was HQ 1 ATF who operated and lived and fought with both 1 & 2 Troops and got on well. Don with his 'hand grenade' style of communicating has got many people offside. I can post my book review of Allan's book if someone tells me how to.
I have sent it to the RAR website, the RAR journal "duty first" and the Vietnam veterans fedration at Granville NSW as many grunts were very thankful on many occasions to hear the barking 50 calibres and roaring diesils when pinned down fronting bunker systems.i am trying to help Allan get exposure and sales for the book to reward his effort. I have just received photographs from one of my mates from 1 RAR of "operation Platypus" in 1968 showing a track blown totally upside down and then the dustoff coming in , I will share with anyone interested . I was in the 2nd D&E platoon and while pursuing a 8 month quest to put names of the diggers shown in the Bellis collection of Thau tich action through Allan, Andy Murphy and Terry was able to also get Allan and Barry Hobbs recognised for several of the collection
Regards Rick
Cheers

UNQUOTE

BC
« Reply #12 on: Thursday23April2009 »

Tate's educational qualifications.
Tate's teacher's ticket wasn't worth a cracker until he got a job teaching. How did he get a teacher's position? He told us all not long ago.  He finally bullied his way into a position by claiming discrimination against him for being a wounded (what else) war veteran while women and minorities (maybe even "ethnic minorities", I could stand corrected on that) were handed positions without question.
He bullied and barged around the place until someone gave in just to get him out the door a la Mike Kelly...He got his job and looked what happened.  He stiffed the school tuckshop, how and why? Wounded heroes don't pay for pies with extra sauce. Especially handsome devils like him who had a way with the Mums working there.
His ability as a teacher or maybe his over-friendliness with students cause revolt in the parent ranks. Not a common occurrence, was it?
Who wrote the final draft of his book?  It wasn't him, that's for sure.
Watch his videos for an idea of his grasp on English. Also note a lisp. In that one minor speech impediment Don Tate reminds me of Mike Tyson. A kid who was bullied for being different and turned nasty in his teen years. The comparison ends right there. Mike can fight like a thrashing machine while this dog runs to hide behind his wife's skirt and girly AVOs.

BC
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Thursday23April2009 »

Tate, despite his boasting about his educational qualifications and literary talents, actually is a dumb bloke. We are all gifted with different abilities, and most of us accept our limits and our abilities. Not Tate. He is Gods gift to society he will tell you.

Anyway he says in his hostile rebuff of our challenge "First, I'll ask this question- who the f.... do you think you are, demanding anything of anyone?"

We haven't demanded a thing. We have offered a public challenge. There is a big difference.

As KRT says, Donny boy, come clean, atone for your lies and nonsense and we will all go away and we can all then live in peace and harmony.

krt1.

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

Don as a man who came home from the war in Vietnam with wounds which have left you some what angry with the world, why don't you just back up and admit you stretched the truth further then you first released. Do you really think that you will eventually be excepted as the Audie Murphy of the ATF.VN?  At times a lot of returned service personnel stretch the stories of their actions in the bloody green, but they don't Carry it on with such venomous behaviour as you are doing.  I am asking you and your cronies to come forward and admit you have made an error of judgement. I do believe that you would really like to put an end to this back fighting and bitching, so you can once again be treated as a Returned Veteran with respect.
My own Great Grand Father was an Italian, he was a builder, and at times he did the odd shoddy job (quite a bit really) but he covered it up by denying it or blaming others and their workmanship. I still cop some of the flak over his actions some 80 to 90 years down the track of life. Is this what you want for your Great Grand Children? To be known as the descendants of that man who did that shoddy workmanship?  Scrap the novel Don, pulp those stacks you have, and come out of the woods, join the men who know what did happen in the rough red dust of South Vietnam. I feel that any man who has slept, eaten and slopped around in that red mud, dust and heat of South Vietnam would respect you for dropping this novel into the mud and moving on with your life. 
Just do me one little favour if you would please.  Stay away from any ANZAC Memorial Services this coming ANZAC DAY. I would be quite up set to read that you had attended a service and would up being abused by others who knew the truth. Why not gather your friends around to your place, have a meeting and come to the conclusion that it is now time to set the record straight. Build a funeral pi re with your novels you have left and toast those that fought and died in the Vietnam War by setting those dam novels alight.
80s
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

Yes sounds like a good idea Cav, we expect a full report however on here shortly after your RV.

80's
Cav
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

Hmmmm.... maybe I will go and have a look at his launch locally in two days time.
80s
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

Yes I am sure all he really cares about is the book sales and his pathetic public speaking attempts.

80's
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

This is a typical Tate response. Lie, try and confuse the issues, muddy the waters, twist and turn, change the subject etc etc. Our challenge was simple....Tate's response, which was sent to Admin via Petersen, is anything but. Tate start by sending us the one Affidavit you refer to....come on, you have made this matter a very very public issue so therefore the public aka the Veteran community, has a right to see ALL documentation.

Anyway this is typical Tate and readers can make up their own minds about Tates character and state of mind.

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:13 PM
Subject: AVM CHALLENGE > MY REPLY

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Tuesday, 21 April 2009 7:58 PM
Subject: AVM Challenge

Reply to "AVM' CHALLENGE":

First, I'll ask this question- who the f.... do you think you are, demanding anything of anyone? Gutless, snivelling twerps don't get the right to ask questions of anyone.

But I will advise that one of those affidavits has already been written and presented to both the AWM and the Australian Federal Police.

Thirdly, I'll do as you ask on this condition...

THAT THE OPERATORS OF THE AVM WEBSITE COME OUT FROM UNDER THEIR ROCKS AND DISCLOSE THEIR IDENTITIES, AND THEIR OWN, FULL WAR SERVICE.

SECONDLY, THAT EACH OF YOU STATE PUBLICLY THAT YOU ARE NOT PART OF A PAEDOPHILE RING OPERATING OUT OF CENTRAL QUEENSLAND WITH CONTACTS IN ASIAN COUNTRIES AND PANDERING TO VETERANS.

AND, AS LONG AS THE FOLLOWING OFFICERS COMPLY WITH THIS REQUEST:

Captain Tom Arrowsmith:

1. Did you complete an after-action report which states that the bodies from the ambush at Thua Tich were all wrapped in green tarpaulins and transported elsewhere and buried neatly?

2. Were bodies tied to the backs of your APC and transported upside down, and headless, into Xuyen Moc?

3. Were you promised a gallantry medal prior to undertaking the excursion into Xuyen Moc, and what was the reaction of the Task Force when they heard about the contentions at Thua Tich?

Lt Ray Woolan:

1. As platoon commander of the D&E Platoon, did you receive a Military Cross which related to the ambush at Thua Tich?

2. Was your platoon present at Thua Tich on the 29th May 1969, and if not, why haven't you and those men ever divulged that information to the veteran community?

Had a great night speaking at Liverpool and Campbelltown today, though there was a technical hitch at Liverpool. Book sales are going very well. I'm sleeping well.

Thank you and good night.
Don Tate

Don Tate
author, "The War Within"
"...a wonderful book..." Bob Rogers, 2CH Sydney

80s
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday22April2009 »

Hahahahaha I think les may well have these Galahs worked out. Perhaps they already have their own assossiation commemorative in the works.

80's
les
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday21April2009 »

Offering them medals for their Stat Decs would make them as excited as children in a candy store.
cicero

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday21April2009 »

Akela, 

Tate, Colmer and Company would not accept this generous offer.......

All most of us want is for them to table the same material in its raw form that they presented to the Army History unit, the ADF and the politicians......and as well, if available, the material of rebuttal from AWM .....

They will NOT do that....and we know the reason why.

If they, especially Tate has a notion of suing someone for defamation or something else, then thats what the Defendant would be seeking....all the material that Tate relies on.

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday21April2009 »

I would be happy to provide my services free of charge to Messrs Tate, Bigwood and Lloyd - Thomas in order to assist them with the writing of the Statutory Declarations. There you go!! Who said lawyers don't have a heart? Pro bono assistance. The penalty for perjury is quite severe, actual imprisonment is the usual outcome.

Hiya Akela. Now what could be fairer than that. One Veteran helping others.  We will be very interested to see if the three musketeers take you up on your very kind offer.

Akela

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday21April2009 »

I am a lawyer. I am also an RAINF Vietnam Veteran. An affidavit is probably not the way to go. They are generally used in a matter that is already before the courts. In my view, a Statutory Declaration is the most appropriate document. I would be happy to provide my services free of charge to Messrs Tate, Bigwood and Lloyd - Thomas in order to assist them with the writing of the Statutory Declarations. There you go!! Who said lawyers don't have a heart? Pro bono assistance. The penalty for perjury is quite severe, actual imprisonment is the usual outcome.
Zion
Administrator

« on: Tuesday21April2009 »

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO DON TATE, RICHARD BIGWOOD, KEVIN LLOYD-THOMAS

Since early 2007 various former members of 4 RAR in Vietnam who were posted to HQ 1 ATF in 1969 have been trying to rewrite Australia's Military history and cement a place for themselves as heroes, unsung heroes, of what they claim was an elite special Forces Platoon.

These wannabes claim they did a job the SASR were unsuited for and afraid to do. They claim they were involved in one of the biggest Battles of the Vietnam War. They claim to have alone confronted what amounted to an enemy Army [ their words]. They claim this “elite” Platoon killed more enemy than any other Australian Infantry Platoon during the Vietnam war. They claim various of their members should have been decorated for Heroism and that instead undeserving cowards and favourites received their Decorations. They claim there has been a huge corruption of Australia's War history which has been engineered by many Senior Officers, Politicians and others. They claim War crimes were committed by Australian Soldiers, yet have failed to provide conclusive evidence to prove this slur on all Australian Vietnam Veterans.They claim the official records of Australia's Vietnam involvement were deliberately altered to write out the existence of their alleged 2nd D&E Platoon. In effect they are claiming any Johnny come lately can appear out of the blue, produce spurious evidence, which they refuse to release in full for all Veterans to digest, and though it disagrees with War history as verified by War diaries, After Action Reports and other official documents,that their version of our Military history should replace the verified history. If this is the way War history is to be written then all War history must be regarded as a farce.

We publicly challenge those names as follows

Don Tate to swear an Affidavit before a Judge that he was at Thua Tich on the night ambush of 29 May 1969.

Richard "Rick"  Bigwood to swear an Affidavit before a Judge that he was at Thua Tich on the night ambush of 29 May 1969.

Kevin Lloyd Thomas to swear an Affidavit before a Judge that he was at Thua Tich on the night ambush of 29 May 1969.

All three to swear individual Affidavits before a Judge that Australian Soldiers committed War Crimes near Thua Tich around 30 May 1969.

All three to swear individual Affidavits before a Judge that one or all witnessed Australian Soldiers sling between 3 and 5 enemy bodies up to the back of an APC and that those bodies were transported in that fashion, and not bound securely to the top of the Cavalry vehicle, to Xuyen Moc village and displayed to local villagers and that one or more of those bodies was headless.

No changing subjects, attacking the characters of others, debates or any other obfuscations will be accepted.

Failure to produce the complete evidence which this group says exists of its daring escapades, and failure to produce sworn Affidavits will be taken as a sure sign that the Australian Veteran community, the AWM. The Australian Military History Unit, Politicians, the Defence Department, the media, Murdoch books and others have been lied to.

The above mentioned may send their Affidavits and complete evidence to  admin@austvetmatters.net 

AVM.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: