AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Tuesday18June2019

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don Tate Fraud Liar Wannabe Closet Paedophile and Closet Gay
2,370 Posts in 148 Topics by 217 Members
Latest Member: Sweesiultew
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
|-+  AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS FORUM
| |-+  THE MAD GALAHS FORUM--This forum does not necessarily reflect AVMs opinion. CLICK HERE FOR AVMS OPINION
| | |-+  Tates WA Road Show
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tates WA Road Show  (Read 25974 times)
Boots

« Reply #32 on: Thursday10September2009 »

Couldn't help but laugh at this little piece in the Spring edition of "Chin-Up" - The Victorian TPI magazine

THE TATE FAMILY - DON'T BECOME ONE OF THEM

DIC TATE  - Wants to run everything

RO TATE  - Tries to change everything around

AGI TATE  -  Likes stiring things up

IRRI TATE  -  Rubs people up the wrong way

HESI TATE & VEGI TATE -  Pours cold water on every proposal

IMI TATE  -  Tries something new because someone else does

DEVAS TATE  -  Throws a spanner in the works

Cheers

Boots
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday08September2009 »

Has anybody seen an update from Tate about Ted Colmer's letter that discredited his participation of the ambush?

Tate will never admit he is wrong----ever. Humility and self honesty are not part of his character. The only way we can expect anything like some sort of truth from Tate is if he is confronted with Court or if we see more revelations from Ted Colmer.

Tate has rubber lips and can never keep his mouth shut, and even though Ted Colmer has called him a liar Tate has continued to open his mouth to try to bait people. Tate always conveniently ignores what exposes him as the liar and charlatan he is.

We have information which leads us to believe Ted Colmer has confronted some of the leading lights in the mad galahs and threatened them with exposure if they continue to make their wild allegations, if they continue to lie and if they continue to make personal attacks on innocent people. Hence the relative hush from the top echelons of the mad galahs. There is no doubt Ted Colmer has much information which will blow the mad galah madmen out of the water. For example he knows the tactics which were agreed to via email and phone to make vicious personal attacks on various people.

We welcome Ted Colmers honesty but at this stage we have left his profile and other information on our website and on this forum.

Ted Colmer has it within his power to have his name removed from our website and this forum if he goes that one step further.

action

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday08September2009 »

I don't think you're likely to see one either.

Has anybody seen an update from Tate about Ted Colmer's letter that discredited his participation of the ambush?
Boots

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday08September2009 »

B9S33
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday08September2009 »

Would it be possible that Don Tate wants to get as much publicity and money as soon as possible for his book before the real story from the AWM hits the streets.   

With its release it will only prove what all of us have known about this person.

Fergus Fairfax
« Reply #27 on: Friday04September2009 »

Foul mouthed, habitual abuser and liar Tate has sent out a report on his WA excursion via Petersens email list. I thought Tate may have been admitted because I haven't seen him around the traps for weeks. It doesn't hurt to hope.

Once again Tate makes personal attacks on people he doesn't name and comes the tired old worn out "he's a paedophile, he's a coward trick". The Veteran community is sick to the teeth of Tates harping and carping and fantasies. Tate condemns in others what he doesn't like about himself---the smokescreen. Tate has much to hide in his personal life.

Anyway the WA trip has been given the usual Tate spin and what was effectively a talk fest to small numbers of non Military people in the main has been miraculously recast as a great success by Tate. The libraries would have organised most of those who attended and most of the very large Veteran and military WA community stayed away.

Tate names a few Veterans who did " meet him at Court" and if I were him I wouldn't be boasting about them. He names Corse, Briggs, Bovill, Babbage, Westerway and Duffield, all leading mad galahs and as nutty and fraudulent as he is.

I am not gunna post his email here and give it any credence but at the end he posts his itinerary for September and October. So get your glad rags out and get along and hear this national hero and bravest warrior of the Vietnam War who will sort you out and correct all your historical records of the Vn War, and prove to you that the Australian Defence Force is among the most corrupt in the western world.

Here's his itinerary.

For anyone interested, my itinerary for the next two months is as follows:   

Don Tate’s Speaking Itinerary- “The War Within”

September/ October

4th September at Thirroul Library (NSW) at 1.30 pm

8th September at Dapto Library (NSW) at 6 pm

9th September at National Library, Canberra (ACT) at 12.30 pm

10th September at The Oaks Community Centre at 10 am (ladies only)

5th October at Shepparton Library (VIC) at 6.30 pm

6th October at Echuca Library (VIC) at 10 am

6th October at Swan Hill Library (VIC) at 6.30 pm

7th October at Payneham Library (Adelaide) at 2 pm

7th October at Tea Tree Gully Library (Adelaide) at 6.00 pm

8th October at Salisbury Library (Pooraka Farm Community Centre) at 2 pm

11th October at Port Lincoln RSL (SA) at 6.30 pm

12th October at Whyalla Library (SA) at 6.30 pm

13th October at Hilton Library (West Torrens, Adelaide) at 10 am

14th October at Sunbury Library (Melbourne) at 6.30 pm

15th October at Morwell Library (VIC) at 10 am

15th October at Traralgon Library (VIC) at 2 pm

16th October at Bairnsdale Library (VIC) at 7pm
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: Sunday16August2009 »

To: AUSTRALIAN VETERAN MATTERS
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:40 AM
Subject:  My Hero.

Admin.     

Here we go again Mr Tate my war hero. Mr Tate you have every right to write a book but you do not have the right to drag all good mens names down into the gutter you are operating from.

You are assuming and saying in your vile book of rubbish publicity that veterans were involved in a cover up of war crimes. Well you have not mentioned the war crimes committed by the NVA against American prisoners of war. Have you mentioned the fact that VC commanders have stated that they could not take prisoners of war because they had no way of keeping them so this is saying they would have killed their prisoners of war if captured.

Have you mentioned as background info the treason committed Of JANE FONDA at the Hanoi Hilton of handing to the guards the personal letters from POWs to give to their families. This type of action also set the attitudes of soldiers especially at war.You may say what has this to do with me. Well it helps explain why some things are done in war that never would have happened in normal times.

You have not mentioned the people of the villages whose bodies were found mutilated and the school teachers found with their breasts cut off and sewn to their mouths, of course this was done by the VC. People like your self only tell half the truth to extract monies from the public and to satisfy the non combatant warriors of the poggo types. In the nine months you served in Vietnam and the time spent in recovery back home I am sure was very painful , BUT it does not make you an expert on the military and or the goings on of the comd structure. I served in a 30 odd year period and to this day am still amused to the way things are done and at times still don't make sense today.

I cannot see why you have tipped the bucket on the soldiers of the Vietnam era, as they have still to this day have enough to live down and get over without your vile money grabbing book.

POPPA.

CD

« Reply #25 on: Saturday15August2009 »

"Met Barry Corse and Briggsy at City of Perth Library on Friday last, and for those men who haven't met them, might I say, they are two quite imposing men."

"Imposing men"?

Well Tate, I can tell you I have met these two people face to face long before you even knew they existed.
Briggs even payed a visit to my home some years ago and what I found was a typical sleezy ex-copper gone wrong who I wouldn't trust with my dog.

Corse on the other hand has always been the loud mouthed braggart I knew before he went to OCS.
I do suppose you did find them imposing Tate because like you they belong in the guttter, birds of a feather flock together.
« Last Edit: Sunday16August2009 by Cassius » Logged
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: Saturday15August2009 »

Gee a gathering of nearly all the Executive of the mad galahs in one place.

To: admin@austvetmatters.net
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:31 PM
Subject: Fw: Barry Corse, Briggsy, and others

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:03 PM
Subject: Fw: Barry Corse, Briggsy, and others

To: Allen Petersen ; Bernie ; Barney Bigwood ; remloc ; kev lloyd-thomas
Sent: Saturday, 15 August 2009 2:28 PM
Subject: Barry Corse, Briggsy, and others

Met Barry Corse and Briggsy at City of Perth Library on Friday last, and for those men who haven't met them, might I say, they are two quite imposing men. I think some of those loud mouths who have flung crap at them for  a long time might well be reluctant to do so if they met either man, face to face.   

Also had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Bovill, Big Jack Babbage (and I mean 'Big"), Allen Petersen and Jock O'Neill among many others. Great to put faces to names.

Don Tate
author, "The War Within" 
and proud, official member of "the Mad Galahs"
(Veterans with the balls to ask questions of authority)

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Friday14August2009 »

We see Tate is once again using Jim Riddle for all he [Tate ] is worth.

Some history.

Riddle enlisted in the Australian Army and was at one time a British Royal Marine. Riddle completed over two years in Vietnam with the Australian Army over two tours. We can check his exact service again if anybody wishes but it is contained on the AVM website for all to read.

We have emails on our file from Jim Riddle and one of his close mates which state clearly that Tate used and abused [ yes ABUSED VIA PHONE CALLS ] Riddle to get what Tate wanted, and that was to mould Riddle into his image of what happened at Thua Tich and what Tate reckons he himself did at Thua Tich. Riddle was initially conned by smooth talking Tate and then when Riddle arrived back in Australia Tate used him in every way he could to promote his book and make himself [Tate ] look a hero. Riddle became so disgusted with Tates behaviour he severed all contact with Tate.

Unfortunately we were asked ages ago not to release the original emails we hold because Riddle was and is very ill and he didn't and doesn't need stress and anxiety in his life.

We now see Tate name dropping the Riddle name to promote his book again, name dropping the name of a man who lives in the United Kingdown and who can't rebutt any of what Tate says.

Tate will use and abuse anybody to get what he wants and he will try to shut down anybody who tries to spill the beans on him.
« Last Edit: Friday14August2009 by Cassius » Logged

bralig
« Reply #22 on: Friday14August2009 »

It's not surprising that DT's meetings are attracting a good deal of local interest. Tate's book and road show have been skilfully promoted by the star and his supporters, including, I assume, his publisher. I would think the animated discussion on this website would have given the road show a significant boost also. We all know that everyone loves a good conspiracy story; so even those who might otherwise have been uninterested in The War Within could well be drawn by the stimulating pre- road show discussion.

However, road show attendees could be present for any number of reasons, e.g. to get the measure of this controversial figure, to weigh up the arguments in their search for truth, to confirm their belief that Tate is full of it, to flavour with a little conspiratorial excitement an otherwise dull life, or, Heaven forbid, to adore their hero.

Tate could be expected, of course, to focus his reports of the WA meetings on the positive, while ignoring, or being oblivious to, the negative. Some reports from neutral sources would be more valuable than a report from a known self-promoter.
« Last Edit: Friday14August2009 by Brat » Logged
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Friday14August2009 »

PS-----For those who have looked at Tates medals and don't know what the fifth is, it's the Australian Sports Medal.

Don Tate is currently cavorting around Western Australia, spreading his lies, passing on misinformation and standing by his claims of War Crimes being committed by his former mates. While he does this he is making money.

We ought to remember that Tate is a pathological liar and therefore we must take his following email with a grain of salt.

The truth is however that Tate has the Murdoch Books financial empire behind him and they too have a commercial interest in seeing this fabricated book succeed. Let nobody be in any doubt, Murdoch Books have been well and accurately availed of the truth about Tates book BUT they will not renege on Tate because they have invested much money in his lies and misinformation. Murdoch Books is not motivated by the truth but by making money----simple. If need be we will conduct a " Don't Buy Murdoch Books " campaign.

Tate has sent the following to the community via Allen Petersen. We will shortly be publishing another email from Ted Colmer so watch this space.

Tate you simply are a liar and we believe nothing you write. You are one sick dude and we suggest that instead of galavanting around the place making money and making a hero of yourself you enter into a public meeting with your former D&E Platoon mates and confront them and then see how you feel.

They will let you know in no uncertain terms they are not war criminals and they will publicly correct the errors in your book, all this from men who WERE there.

Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 2:22 PM
Subject: Fw: Article re Jim Riddle...Daily Telegraph

Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 1:29 PM
Subject: Article re Jim Riddle...Daily Telegraph

To:  Allen Petersen ;
Sent: Friday, 14 August 2009 10:07 AM
Subject: Article re Jim Riddle...Daily Telegraph

I thought NSW Vietnam veterans might like to know that there will be an article in the Daily Telegraph's Historical Supplement this Saturday re Cpl Jim Riddle and the heroism of he and his men at the listening post on May 29th 1969      including Ted's)

All good over here in WA....met many veterans, terrific responses.....met five SAS boys (Joondalup, Cambridge and Fremantle), all gentlemen and all were rapt in the talk and the presentation, and all purchased books. Great response from normal veterans, and the public.

The whispering campaign failed; cowards will never rule.

About to speak at Ballajura before last engagement for the week at City of Perth Library.

Don Tate
« Last Edit: Friday14August2009 by Cassius » Logged

Ethelred
« Reply #20 on: Thursday13August2009 »

So Tate reckons that his fabulous films are now worth $100,000.00. [I do hope he has advised DVA of the change in his assets.] The last I heard was that Gen. Gower and the AWM had put a figure of just over $5,000 worth on the lot. It seems to me to be another slight play on the truth just as the carrying of a body "wrapped in his poncho over my shoulder".  I wonder who or what Tate really did carry? Maybe it was the 'make-up' tent for him when ever he smuged his JG's or his own make-up?
I have heard on the grapevine that a really 'hot' reception is planned for Tate by the boys of the MMVVG when/if he gets to Mandurah.

To: warvet69@yahoo.com;OTHER ADDRESSES DELETED
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:12 PM
Subject: FW: QUESTIONS TO AWM..

Don

In response to your series of recent emails, I’m afraid there’s not much I can say that will assist: there’s no “official” line, no protection of people, no “corruption” nor hiding of records. If you don’t believe that, you are most welcome to spend whatever time you like in our Research Centre.

But, Don, there’s a much more important issue for you to consider. For some time your commitment to a cause and your resultant frustration has resulted in derogatory and defamatory accusations being made. This can’t go on in the interests of a civilised relationship. I’ll give you some examples:

·         The May (not August) 2007 meeting. You seemed to have forgotten what really happened. In your 18 May 2007 email, sent immediately afterwards, you said amongst other things, “(people) warned me that the AWM would attempt to brush this matter aside... Perhaps I am a poor judge of a man, but I didn’t get that impression today of either of the three (AWM) persons present”. Yes, Don, we too thought it was generally constructive and cordial. It lasted 2 ½ hours and at the end we shook hands. You then paid me a compliment that I appreciated, but will not embarrass you by repeating. Certainly there were areas of difference, which were recognised and respected, but not anything remotely like the descriptions in your recent emails.

·         You were recompensed for accepting my invitation to come down to Canberra to meet the official historian and give him whatever information you had. It was the decent thing to do at the time, so I thought, and still do. At the end you signed for TA with our Chief Finance Officer to cover your costs for coming down. We have that record with your signature against the purpose of the payment. Since then you have maliciously – and, Don, there’s no other word for it – claimed on several occasions it was a bribe (to The Canberra Times, Mr James Massola) and that there was no accountability (in your 5 July e-mail). You know what you are saying is untrue; and it’s only out of respect for a fellow veteran that I haven’t taken this and other slanders further. So cut it out, please! In fact, a retraction would be in order, just like the apology you made when you wrongly told the world we weren’t stocking your book. Incidentally, well done on the second reprint.

I will go on to another subject, your donated film material. You have said on several occasions you donated private movie film valued at $90,000 to the Memorial. I understand in 1993 the Memorial was pleased to get the donation but, no Don, two independent valuers assessed the film at an average of $5,186. Could you please use that figure in future. That’s what you used for the Tax Incentive for the Arts Scheme, isn’t it? 

Turning to responses to your recent set of questions (3 July e-mail):

·         There are no “official records” nor “official accounts” of the disposal of enemy dead at Thua Tich.

·         Deliberate corruption. What you said is actionable.

·         The official history will be released in 2010 and covers the events of 29/30 May comprehensively. It is based on a balanced assessment of all available evidence from private and official sources. I cannot pre-empt the work of the official historian, who works free of any institutional, political, group or individual direction. 

·         There is no evidence of “truth... hidden all these years”. You are most welcome to come and search for it yourself if you still don’t believe me. 

·         There is no knowledge of “missing records”.

·         No restriction is placed on Denis Gibbons’ photographs beyond those which he, as the donor, has imposed. The AWM database states “copies of this image can be obtained... (Dr Gibbons’ address)”. We have used his captions unchanged, i.e. “Ambush of troops at Xuyen Moc”.

·         The AWM does not hold, and never has, copies of the “Pound enquiry”. It’s presumably an Army file. 

You mentioned elsewhere about wanting to take action against what you believe were war crimes. I encourage you to do this if you have the primary evidence. It’s your call and nothing to do with us.

In conclusion, I have had enough of your tirades. It’s a sad world when veterans abuse others, but happily we live in a great democracy, and you can go for your life if that’s how you feel. That would be sad for you as a person, who has been through a bit, but it’s up to you. 

With that in mind, the door remains open for your suggestions, comments and requests for information. 

Steve Gower
CD

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday11August2009 »

I wonder just who is "funding" the Tate WA Road Show?  Huh
As a TPI I'm damn sure that I couldn't afford the air fares, hire cars, accommodation and other day to day travelling expenses.
Has he ripped off some poor unsuspecting VV organisation, is Murdoch press paying or is this all coming out of his book profits?
Anyone of you fella's out there any info about the funding?
Ethelred
« Reply #18 on: Friday07August2009 »

Tate is all piss and wind, all huff and puff, all tip and no iceberg.

Legal advice had been taken by somebody I know regarding the template which many have used to contact libraries and give them information on Tate. The legal advice is the template/email/ letter format is NOT DEFAMATORY.

Tate is all bluff. As Fergus says he will threaten anybody he hates with defamation and goodness knows what else. He is desperate to shut people up and has even used an AVO to shut one Qld member up.

I have seen this excuse for a man send some terrible, abusive and defamatory emails out through Petersen, who is silly enough to send them. If anybody has legal cases it's those Tate and the mad galahs have defamed. However to proceed down the defamation path is simply not worth it unless one has a million to spare to spend on proving a point....this cost is not an exaggeration all up with all those mad galahs who have defamed many people. If you don't believe me get a Barristers opinion like several people have.

The best way to neuter Tate and the mad galahs is to publicly expose their behaviour. The Courts are a waste of time unless one has plenty of money to throw around and prove a point.

Some do have this money and I hope they use it to take various mad galahs to Court. One person with plenty of money has said he will spend the money next time he is attacked.

In the meantime the best thing to do for those who don't have money to throw around is expose Tate and his fellow sickos everywhere we can.

I just wish these mad galah idiots would go away and shut up so we can do what we should be doing.

« Last Edit: Friday07August2009 by Samsung » Logged
Fergus
« Reply #17 on: Friday07August2009 »

The subtle Don

Don Tate is as subtle as a kick in the family jewels. He has a certain charm that would get him a job as Whipmaster on a Slave Galley.  Tate has never met a man he didn’t want to sue. Dunno who his latest victim is but he would not be invited to Don’s party. (See Tate’s email posted by Cassius).

Tate says to his victim “Well, you gutless prick, let me make this clear, it is in the hands of the appropriate people.” 

Everyone knows good old Don, having read his endless hyperbole and theories of conspiracy and dark deeds in the Defence Force during the Vietnam era and have read about his vicious dummy spits at anyone who tries to tell him he talks a lot of gobblygook.

Don can produce “evidence” that everyone in the Army except his couple of mates were  corrupt, dishonest and have had vendettas against him, for the last forty years.

Now how could that be true, to know Don is to love him. (not)

Don has some Mad Galah mates in the West to visit his book launches. We all know that Barry Corse speaks classic gobblygook and Dave Briggs is fluent in gobblygook and Alan Petersen broadcasts emails in pure gobblegook.  He will be among friends.

Good onya Don Tate your subtly is a lesson in how to lose friends and insult people.

Aye

Fergus

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: Thursday06August2009 »

TATE IS GETTING HIS TESTICLES IN A TANGLE

SURELY HIS HAND MUST GET TIRED

----- Original Message -----
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:36 PM
Subject: your gutless letter to Augusta Library

G'day mate
I heartell you've been writing letters to libraries- actually the same one as your mate Barry Hollitt.

Well, you gutless prick, let me make this clear, it is in the hands of the appropriate people- and down the track you'll be hearing more about it. Make sure yourwife knows what you've done, because this was a decision with economic consequences for you both.

Of course, you might have the guts to contact me personally and tell me why you did it, since you don't even know me. But I doubt you will.

How about telling me where you liove?

I'm going to find out, you know.

Don Tate

Don Tate
author, "The War Within" 
·        “The War Within”is a complex, virtuoso analysis of one man’s world- an utterly compelling and profoundly unsettling mosaic. On the one hand, it is an acidic dissection of the role environment and family have in developing a person’s character, and on the other, it is a sauntering chronicle of social analysis and injustice. One is almost left breathless”-                   L. Ollsen, Freelance Reviewer

CD

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday04August2009 »

So Tate reckons that his fabulous films are now worth $100,000.00. [I do hope he has advised DVA of the change in his assets.] The last I heard was that Gen. Gower and the AWM had put a figure of just over $5,000 worth on the lot. It seems to me to be another slight play on the truth just as the carrying of a body "wrapped in his poncho over my shoulder".  I wonder who or what Tate really did carry? Maybe it was the 'make-up' tent for him when ever he smuged his JG's or his own make-up?
I have heard on the grapevine that a really 'hot' reception is planned for Tate by the boys of the MMVVG when/if he gets to Mandurah.
Ethelred
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday04August2009 »

Terry Westerway, Mad Galah apologist, dilettante barrack room lawyer and failed soldier has given his opinion of SASR members in a disparaging email to an ex SASR Sergeant and then *Army Warrant Officer 2.

Westerway knows nothing of SASR soldiers but in his usual position of defending the stupidity of the Mad Galahs has thrown a handful of dirt at them. 

Westerway was a “short time” Private soldier who was sacked because he was a discipline problem. Ex Warrant Officer Hollitt who has been disparaged by Westerway would have more courage, and integrity in his left boot lace than Westerway could ever hope to muster. Westerway is accurate in one part of his email where he says that he is not fit to polish Warrant Officer Hollitt’s boots.

Westerway’s motive in attacking the SASR is to defend his Mad Galah mate Don Tate who also disparages the SASR.

Jeeeeeez Terry and Don your strategy stinks, particularly since Don is about to visit the sandy home of the SASR.

See Terry's email below that was broadcast to the world.

Aye

Fergus

To: bhollitt5
Cc: Donald Tate ; Allen Petersen
Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: FW: Rantings of a Lunatic.

Dear Mr Hollitt,

I notice that you have not commented upon my email yesterday (see below).

You were quick enough to send out an email denouncing Don Tate - on the basis of the unfounded allegations of that disgraceful excuse of a website - AVM - but you have not responded to my criticism (make no mistake, it IS criticism of YOU).

I wonder what your silence means? Could it be that you lack the intellectual capacity to respond? Or, perhaps, lack the intestinal fortitude to answer criticism? Or both?

You presumed lack of intellectual capacity and/or intestinal fortitude certainly does not say much to the credit of one of the "much vaunted heroes" of the SAS (of which I presume you are a proud member). Are you one of those types who look down on the rest of us "hoi polloi" as having contributed so much less than the SAS and therefore not worthy of even polishing your boots?

Seriously - how about a debate?

Terry Westerway
(a proud member of the "common herd")

I am on the Petersen mad galah email list as I have said. The ONLY SAS member I have ever seen on that list and in other places who supports the Tate mad galah spew van is "Kiwi" Bovill, ex SAS from WA.

Funny I was just reading up on Westerway here

http://www.austvetmatters.net/westerway.html

http://www.austvetmatters.net/terrywesterway.html
« Last Edit: Wednesday05August2009 by Cassius » Logged
Fergus
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday04August2009 »

Terry Westerway, Mad Galah apologist, dilettante barrack room lawyer and failed soldier has given his opinion of SASR members in a disparaging email to an ex SASR Sergeant and then *Army Warrant Officer 2.

Westerway knows nothing of SASR soldiers but in his usual position of defending the stupidity of the Mad Galahs has thrown a handful of dirt at them. 

Westerway was a “short time” Private soldier who was sacked because he was a discipline problem. Ex Warrant Officer Hollitt who has been disparaged by Westerway would have more courage, and integrity in his left boot lace than Westerway could ever hope to muster. Westerway is accurate in one part of his email where he says that he is not fit to polish Warrant Officer Hollitt’s boots.

Westerway’s motive in attacking the SASR is to defend his Mad Galah mate Don Tate who also disparages the SASR.

Jeeeeeez Terry and Don your strategy stinks, particularly since Don is about to visit the sandy home of the SASR.

See Terry's email below that was broadcast to the world.

Aye

Fergus

Note: * Barry Hollis served as a Sergeant in SASR, after leaving SASR was promoted to Warrant Officer. 

To: bhollitt5
Cc: Donald Tate ; Allen Petersen
Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 11:17 AM
Subject: FW: Rantings of a Lunatic.

Dear Mr Hollitt,

I notice that you have not commented upon my email yesterday (see below).

You were quick enough to send out an email denouncing Don Tate - on the basis of the unfounded allegations of that disgraceful excuse of a website - AVM - but you have not responded to my criticism (make no mistake, it IS criticism of YOU).

I wonder what your silence means? Could it be that you lack the intellectual capacity to respond? Or, perhaps, lack the intestinal fortitude to answer criticism? Or both?

You presumed lack of intellectual capacity and/or intestinal fortitude certainly does not say much to the credit of one of the "much vaunted heroes" of the SAS (of which I presume you are a proud member). Are you one of those types who look down on the rest of us "hoi polloi" as having contributed so much less than the SAS and therefore not worthy of even polishing your boots?

Seriously - how about a debate?

Terry Westerway
(a proud member of the "common herd")
« Last Edit: Wednesday05August2009 by Cassius » Logged
Ethelred
« Reply #12 on: Sunday02August2009 »

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 2:26 PM
Subject: Fw: Don Tate Library Visit

To: Allen Petersen
Sent: Sunday, 2 August 2009 7:58 AM
Subject: FW: Don Tate Library Visit

For xxxxxxxxx:

Mate, I understand that you sent the letter below to every library in Western Australia. It appears you are a subscriber to the AVM website- the one set up and run by a child molester, a self-confessed murderer, and possibly with a failed, jealous author as a main contributor. That's good company you keep.

I've passed your letter on to various media outlets. Librarians have taken their own actions. Hopefully they'll give you a write-up of some sort. I'm keen to meet you, and I understand some of your mates will also be attending some of the engagements. They're most welcome, too.

Hopefully they'll get something out of it.

Whatever, be assured of one thing. If your letter is an attempt to scare me off, it doesn't. I've never been scared of anyone.

And no one will stop me talking about the 2nd D&E Platoon and how those who served in it had their service records bastardised for four decades so that a few reputations could be protected. Or how the corporal who led it was dismissed from history, and from the country without the gallantry medal he deserved.

Oh...and yes, one more thing, despite the letter sent out by Steve Gower to his mate xxxxxxxxx trying to discredit me, the films ARE valued at some $100,000. Why Gower chose to send out that letter to that particular correspondent will make for an interesting explanation down the track, but I'll be bringing the official valuation with me.
Along with other evidence.
Don Tate

--- On Wed, 22/7/09, Tina Ackerman TAckerman@vicpark.wa.gov.au wrote:

Subject: FW: Don Tate Library Visit
To: warvet_69@yahoo.com
Received: Wednesday, 22 July, 2009, 8:00 PM

Dear Mr Tate

Following is an email sent to the Town of Victoria Park today regarding the public talk that you will be giving at the Victoria Park Library on Monday 10 August 2009. I thought appropriate to forward the message to you for your information in order that you can be prepared should anyone turn up to “front” as stated as a possibility in the message.

We look forward to seeing you at the Victoria Park Library in a few weeks time.

Kind regards

Tina Ackerman | Manager Library Services

Town of Victoria Park

p: 08 9361 1977 (Victoria Park Library)

e: tackerman@vicpark.wa.gov.au

www.vicpark.wa.gov.au
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, 22 July 2009 10:37 AM
To: midland.library@swan.wa.gov.au; Records; altonelibrary@swan.wa.gov.au; libraryquerie@gosnells.wa.gov.au; info@joondalup.wa.gov.au; library@cambridge.wa.gov.au; council@nedlands.wa.gov.au; council@rockingham.wa.gov.au; manlib@mandurah.wa.gov.au; ballajura.library@swan.wa.gov.au; spelib@cockburn.wa.gov.au; manjilib@manjimup.wa.gov.au; auglib@amirsc.wa.gov.au; svglib@armadale.wa.gov.au
Cc: admin@austvetmatters.net
Subject: Don Tate Library Visit

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you in regards to a visit by one Don Tate, author of a book called “The War Within” to numerous libraries with WA.   Mr Tate  has advised his itinerary  in an email.   In the Vietnam Veteran Community we do have ex servicemen who state things as they believe they saw them, and in this case has put pen to paper.

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the web site Australian Veteran Matters at http://www.austvetmatters.net  and locate the history of Mr Tate.

I strongly believe that the information he will forward will be incorrect and give a distorted view of operation of the Australian Army in South Vietnam .

I wouldn’t be surprised that other Veterans turn up at these presentations to front Mr Tate.

For your information/action as required.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Sunday02August2009 »

AVM SAYS

Tate has every right to write a book---if he did indeed write The War Within all by his little self. Libraries and media have every right to air controversial matters, even matters we don't agree with. However our argument with the Tate book is it is in error, it distorts and fakes the truth and it is not accurate in its portrayal of the Vietnam War. That's why we say the media and libraries should look at Tates representations of his own service and that of many others. Controversial subjects are one matter, lies are another matter.

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 12:33 PM
Subject:  Don Tate - Author "The War Within" - FYI

Copy of email to Howard Sattler on radio station 6PR. I wonder if he will now check his facts.

Sir,

I am aware that you did a critique on the above book.  No doubt you will be aware that Don Tate is in WA next week to promote his book.  I am sure you will or have been contacted by Don Tate with the view to assist in the promotion of his book.  Don Tate has always favoured a good story ahead of the truth.

You may wish to visit the following web site for research before any further interviews.

http://www.austvetmatters.net ,
http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=92.0 ,
http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=4.0,
http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=37.0,
http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=80.0,

Cheers

xxxxxxxx

Vietnam Veteran

Savage1

« Reply #10 on: Sunday02August2009 »

I have just written to all Libraries on Don's trip to WA.  Plus several vet friends I have in Perth.  Hopefully he will have a warm welcome.
action

« Reply #9 on: Saturday01August2009 »

CD,

We fought to establish a democracy in Vietnam and unfortunately it didn't come about, even though I don't think that Ho Chi Minh would recognise the brand of communism that they're practicing there now.

There's a famous quote which goes something along the lines of "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."  That's where we are with Tate.  Like many others, I'm convinced that his book contains a big element of fiction but that it's highly likely that he believes that fiction to be the truth.

You have just as much right to present your point of view as Tate has to present his.  Just be aware though, that from his perspective, any publicity is good publicity if it helps to sell books.  The more controversy, the better he likes it.
CD

« Reply #8 on: Friday31July2009 »

And another one..............

Dear Sir or Ma’am,

My name is ZZZZ ZZZZZ, and I reside at ZZ XXXXXXXXXXX St in XXXXXXXX, my Home phone number is 9ZXZ ZXZX.    I am a Vietnam Veteran with service from 195x to 198x when I retired as a Warrant Officer Class 1.   My service included 2 tours of South Vietnam, 196Z to 196Z, and again 196Z to 197Z. (The above is for information only if you wish to contact me)

I am writing to you in regards to a visit by one Don Tate, author of a book called “The War Within” to numerous libraries with WA.   Mr Tate  has advised his itinerary  in an email.   In the Vietnam Veteran Community we do have ex servicemen who state things as they believe they saw them, and in this case has put pen to paper.

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the web site Australian Veteran Matters at http://www.austvetmatters.net , http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=92.0 , http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=4.0, http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=37.0, http://austvetmatters.net/avmforum/index.php?topic=80.0,  and locate the history of Mr Tate.

I strongly believe that the information he will forward will be incorrect and give a distorted view of operation of the Australian Army in South Vietnam.

I wouldn’t be surprised that other Veterans turn up at these presentations to front Mr Tate.

I leave this for your information and/or action as required.

Sincerely

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday22July2009 »

To: midland.library@swan.wa.gov.au ; admin@vicpark.wa.gov.au ; altonelibrary@swan.wa.gov.au ; libraryquerie@gosnells.wa.gov.au ; info@joondalup.wa.gov.au ; library@cambridge.wa.gov.au ; council@nedlands.wa.gov.au ; council@rockingham.wa.gov.au ; manlib@mandurah.wa.gov.au ; ballajura.library@swan.wa.gov.au ; spelib@cockburn.wa.gov.au ; manjilib@manjimup.wa.gov.au ; auglib@amirsc.wa.gov.au ; svglib@armadale.wa.gov.au

Cc: admin@austvetmatters.net

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:37 PM

Subject: Don Tate Library Visit

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxxxxxxxx, and I reside at xxxxxxxxxxxxx, my Home phone number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.    I am a Vietnam Veteran with service from 1966 to 1986 when I retired as a Warrant Officer 2.   My service included 11 years with the Special Air Service Regiment at Swanbourne with 2 tours of South Vietnam from Apr 1967 to Feb 1968, and again Feb 1970 to Feb 1971. (The above is for information only if you wish to contact me)

I strongly suggest that you have a look at the web site Australian Veteran Matters at http://www.austvetmatters.net  and locate the history of Mr Tate.

I strongly believe that the information he will forward will be incorrect and give a distorted view of operation of the Australian Army in South Vietnam.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PQ

« Reply #6 on: Sunday19July2009 »

I live in WA and know the head librarian of one of the libraries that Tate has booked for his dog and pony show.
I will be down there tomorrow (Monday) with a list of objections, queries about funding, and hard copies of the AVM website web address for their information and distribution.

I have heard a heap of bullshit artists gob off in pubs, RSL clubs etc over the years and basically just kissed them off as big mouth fools who don't do much harm.

Tate is in a different category. He is making money and denigrating both the memory and reputations of many honourable veterans, not only senior officers but those diggers he accuses of complicity and silence over alleged atrocities.

What an arsehole. This can't go on. Well done AVM.
CD

« Reply #5 on: Sunday19July2009 »

No worries Cassius. Every little bit helps to put down this DOG and what he did to Bob Coker over his Casualty List site at http://www.thecasualtylist.com.
Bob has done the right thing for Vets over a period of about 25+ yrs but the DOG tries to put him down every time. I hope that every library over in the West knocks the DOG back.
« Last Edit: Sunday19July2009 by CD » Logged
Zion
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sunday19July2009 »

Great work CD. Thanks a lot. All working together is the way to go.

The following was sent by an AVM member to the WA State Library. I feel sure the writer would have no objection if you use his email as a template.

This is his email

Sent: Sunday, 19 July 2009 1:43 PM
To: 'info@slwa.wa.gov.au'
Subject: Library Visits Don Tate

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxxxxxxx, and I reside at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, my Home phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.    I am a Vietnam Veteran with service from 1966 to 1986 when I retired as a Warrant Officer 2.   My service included 11 years with the Special Air Service Regiment at Swanbourne with 2 tours of South Vietnam from Apr 1967 to Feb 1968, and again Feb 1970 to Feb 1971.

I am writing to you in regards to a visit by one Don Tate, author of a book called “The War Within” to numerous libraries with WA.   Mr Tate  has advised his itinerary  in the email below.   In the Vietnam Veteran Community we do have ex servicemen who state things as they believe they saw them, and in this case has put pen to paper.

I suggest that you have a look at the web site Australian Veteran Matters at http://www.austvetmatters.net  and locate the history of Mr Tate.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sunday, 19 July 2009 8:41 AM

Subject: Rare Films from Vietnam- author talk

Secretaries (and individual veterans):

I will be travelling to Western Australia in the month of August to speak about my memoir – “The War Within” – and to show the colour films I took in the Vietnam War as a young infantryman back in 1969. Those films are now valued at $100,000 (as assessed by independent film valuers for the Australian Valuer-General.)

Wherever I have shown these films, they have had a profound effect on audiences- in many instances being the stimulus many veterans have needed to start talking about their experiences to wives and children. That has been the most pleasing aspect of the enterprise- knowing that I am helping fellow veterans come to terms with aspects of their service.

This will be the only opportunity for Western Australian veterans and families to see these films - I will not be that way again in the foreseeable future.

My itinerary at present, is:

10th August at Midland Library (WA) at 10.30 am

10th August at Victoria Park Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm

11th August at Altone Park Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

11th August at Gosnells Library ( Perth ) at 2 pm

11th August at Joondalup Library (WA) at 6 pm

12th August at Cambridge Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

12th August at Fremantle Library (WA) at 2 pm

12th August at Nedlands Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm

13th August at Safety Bay Library (WA) at 11 am

13th August at Mandurah Library (WA) at 2 pm

14th August at Ballajura Library (WA) at 10 am

14th August at City Place Perth  at 2 pm (check with the Library)

17th August at Spearwood Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

18th August at Manjimup Library (WA) at 5.30 pm

19th August at Augusta Library (WA) at 2 pm

20th August at Seville Grove Library ( Perth ) at 1 pm

These engagement are all at Libraries, but if there is a veterans’ organisation that would like me to show them at their premises (depending on my itinerary) please don’t hesitate to ask.

Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you let your members know the itinerary. As far as I know, there is no entry fee to those libraries, but they do like to have some idea of numbers, for refreshment purposes.

Veterans- you might like to let mates know, or those who aren't on the net.

Kind Regards

Don Tate
author, "The War Within" 

·        "...narrated with vivid authority, (it) at once disarms, repels, gives hope, as its narrator summons inner demons beyond anything that the war in Vietnam had made."   - The Sydney Morning Herald

CD

« Reply #3 on: Sunday19July2009 »

Here you go EOD132, email addys for the libraries concerned......like me, write your heart out and tell them all about Dog Tate and his heroic actions.  I have already informed my local library of his 'doings' and they have refused to stock his damn book.

10th August at Midland Library (WA) at 10.30 am......midland.library@swan.wa.gov.au

10th August at Victoria Park Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm..........library@vicpark.wa.gov.au

11th August at Altone Park Library ( Perth ) at 10 am..............altone.library@swan.wa.gov.au

11th August at Gosnells Library ( Perth ) at 2 pm......................council@gosnells.wa.gov.au

11th August at Joondalup Library (WA) at 6 pm................info@joondalup.wa.gov.au

12th August at Cambridge Library ( Perth ) at 10 am...............library@cambridge.wa.gov.au

12th August at Fremantle Library (WA) at 2 pm............off line at the moment.

12th August at Nedlands Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm.......www.nedlandslib.wa.gov.au

13th August at Safety Bay Library (WA) at 11 am...........www.libraries.rockingham.wa.gov.au

13th August at Mandurah Library (WA) at 2 pm........manlib@mandurah.wa.gov.au

14th August at Ballajura Library (WA) at 10 am...............ballajura.library@swan.wa.gov.au

14th August at City Place Perth  at 2 pm (check with the Library).......perth.library@cityofperth.wa.gov.au

17th August at Spearwood Library ( Perth ) at 10 am...............spelib@cockburn.wa.gov.au

18th August at Manjimup Library (WA) at 5.30 pm.............manjilib@manjimup.wa.gov.au

19th August at Augusta Library (WA) at 2 pm............auglib@amrsc.wa.gov.au

20th August at Seville Grove Library ( Perth ) at 1 pm...............svglib@armadale.wa.gov.au

Zion
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Sunday19July2009 »

EOD RE YOUR

The problem with what appears on this website is that it is generally only read by veterans and not the civilians who actually purchase the book. Best regards EOD132

EOD your impression that this site is only read by those in here and a few other Veterans is wrong.

We keep very accurate daily statistics of how many and who visits our systems. Not by name but by ISP names and countries and referring websites.

We have never posted these stats in here because we don't want to be accused of grandstanding.

However all readers need to know the readership of the AVM website and this Forum is HUGE and you would be surprised just where the readers come from.

Corse claims without any proof he has 1,000,000 medal wearing Veterans in Australia and 24,000,000 in the USA. We don't make idle boasts like that and can prove our stats.

AVM

eod132

« Reply #1 on: Sunday19July2009 »

This bloke recently gave an interview on the Gold Coast ABC FM station about his "terrible" experiences in SVN. I am currently attempting to obtain a copy of the transcript in order to pass it on to your site. What he told the host was a complete exaggeration in many cases and one would have thought he was actually the only Infantry soldier in country at the time. It is clear from his interview and the comments made by the ABC host that the general population has swallowed his story hook, line and sinker. The problem with what appears on this website is that it is generally only read by veterans and not the civilians who actually purchase the book. Best regards EOD132
Zion
Administrator

« on: Sunday19July2009 »

The following was sent to us. We suggest we all work together and do our own little bit to expose this embarrassment of a fool. Do a Google search to find out where these WA libraries are and then send them the links to the Tate information on this website. Many have done this already in the Eastern States boys.

Tate is a TPI. How can a physically disabled TPI, who says he suffers from PTSD, put up with all the stress, anxiety and being away from the safe home base do what Tate has been doing as he tries to flog his book?

Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:32 PM
Subject: Tate

Guys,

Received this email this morning.    Anything we can do about this character?

Advising the libraries etc?

XXXXX

( WO2  Ret) ( SVN, 1 SAS Sqn 1967/68 and 1970/71)

Date: 19 July 2009 11:11:02 AM

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>

Subject: WAR WITHIN AUTHOR VISIT TO WA

Sent: Sunday, 19 July 2009 8:41 AM

Subject: Rare Films from Vietnam- author talk

Secretaries (and individual veterans):

I will be travelling to Western Australia in the month of August to speak about my memoir – “The War Within” – and to show the colour films I took in the Vietnam War as a young infantryman back in 1969. Those films are now valued at $100,000 (as assessed by independent film valuers for the Australian Valuer-General.)

Wherever I have shown these films, they have had a profound effect on audiences- in many instances being the stimulus many veterans have needed to start talking about their experiences to wives and children. That has been the most pleasing aspect of the enterprise- knowing that I am helping fellow veterans come to terms with aspects of their service.

This will be the only opportunity for Western Australian veterans and families to see these films - I will not be that way again in the foreseeable future.

My itinerary at present, is:

10th August at Midland Library (WA) at 10.30 am

10th August at Victoria Park Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm

11th August at Altone Park Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

11th August at Gosnells Library ( Perth ) at 2 pm

11th August at Joondalup Library (WA) at 6 pm

12th August at Cambridge Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

12th August at Fremantle Library (WA) at 2 pm

12th August at Nedlands Library ( Perth ) at 6.30 pm

13th August at Safety Bay Library (WA) at 11 am

13th August at Mandurah Library (WA) at 2 pm

14th August at Ballajura Library (WA) at 10 am

14th August at City Place Perth  at 2 pm (check with the Library)

17th August at Spearwood Library ( Perth ) at 10 am

18th August at Manjimup Library (WA) at 5.30 pm

19th August at Augusta Library (WA) at 2 pm

20th August at Seville Grove Library ( Perth ) at 1 pm

These engagement are all at Libraries, but if there is a veterans’ organisation that would like me to show them at their premises (depending on my itinerary) please don’t hesitate to ask.

Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you let your members know the itinerary. As far as I know, there is no entry fee to those libraries, but they do like to have some idea of numbers, for refreshment purposes.

Veterans- you might like to let mates know, or those who aren't on the net.

Kind Regards

Don Tate
author, "The War Within" 

·        "...narrated with vivid authority, (it) at once disarms, repels, gives hope, as its narrator summons inner demons beyond anything that the war in Vietnam had made."   - The Sydney Morning Herald

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: